Victor Moses

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by IBL, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Lionel Moses tore us apart at the Emirates. Probably the best performance from an opposition player last season at the Emirates IMO.

2. Jbruin

Jbruin New Member

Would rather get Hoilett now that his move to Borrussia Monchengladbach fell through, would be cheaper and is easily as good as him.

3. GUNNERS4L1FE

GUNNERS4L1FE Well-Known Member

Victor Moses would be a fool to leave this summer. He did pretty well last season, but he still has a lot of improving to do, especially on his decision making in the final third. He should stay at Wigan for another year.

4. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

This, he was the spearhead in Wigan's strong finish to the season.

A very underrated player but not sure if he can step it up to the next level.

5. Yaya

Yaya New Member Trusted

Meh, I don't think we should go for either of them, as neither are better than what we have outwide and we lack quality in that position.

6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Walcott replacement?

he had a not bad last season for wigan, but we need look for better players.

7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Like Jovetic and Lewendowski, this seems a lazy link.

Think he would struggle to match the goals and assists Walcott will give you, downgrade territory. I wanted Moses when he was at Palace, one of the few on here who did actually, but not now when you're talking Walcott replacements, same for Sturridge.

8. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

sell walcott for 15M, but moses for 10M. seems like good business to me.

9. KyleHyde

KyleHyde New Member

Moses should stop listening to his deranged manager and imitate what Antonio Valencia had done. minus the whole joining united part of course.

10. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

Even if he's more skillful or has a "footballing brain", I really can't imagine Moses putting up numbers like what Walcott produced last season.

11. mavelous

mavelous Tinfoil hat aficionado Trusted

you never know, and it's not about the numbers sometimes. if his game improves the team in intangible ways, we could replace walcott's efficiency elsewhere (i.e. podolski). and even his pace and ability to push back high lines and stretch defences is becoming obsolete, as we're not as good on the ball these days. we could use as much brazilianness i.e. santos swag as possible :D

12. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

Its not everything about numbers, Moses would add alot to our team play. His dribbling skills are second to none.

13. Lazaq

Lazaq New Member

Thought he looked real good when we played them last season. Seems to have vision, technical skills and workrate. Would not mind him here one but tbf!

Here are his goals from this season.

14. ModelGooner

ModelGooner Harambe Loyalist

If we lose Robin and Theo I think i'll lose bit of passion for this club. Sad but true.

15. AFC-Phil

AFC-Phil Active Member Elite

If there's one thing he doesn't have, that's vision. He's a head down dribbler and frankly greedy with the ball in the final third.

I wouldn't want him, personally. I think he'd struggle hugely with the lack of space presented in a possession orientated team and his play isn't well rounded enough for the top level yet.

16. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Players come and go, so do managers. Whatever happens we will still be Arsenal, and we will still have players that want to play for us. Never let your passion drop, you are a Gooner for life!

17. lee1001

lee1001 New Member Trusted

Good player, may not have the talent of Walcott, but might be more consistent.

If Ferguson can make Young a key player for them, I see no reason why Wenger can't do the same with Moses.

18. qs

qs New Member Elite

If Theo goes he might be a reasonable replacement but he's definitely not at Theo's level at the moment and if you've watched Wigan much you'll realise he's even less consistent. Good potential but this would be another case of buying potential.

19. pikey2000

pikey2000 Well-Known Member

It's unfair to say he wouldn't get the figures that Theo produced this season. If Theo was in the Wigan team that played terrible for half the season he wouldn't get the figures he got for us this season.

He is a different player to Theo. They both have pace and annoying inconsistency but thats where the similarity ends.

Theo is a speed merchant with a fairly good finish.

Moses is quick but not as fast, technically better on the ball than Theo. Good dribbling skills, will commit and beat defenders time and again.

For me I think he is better suited to the Winger role than Theo in as much as he can almost match Theo's great pace, however he has more to offer in terms of being able to beat his man and cross rather than having to rely solely on through balls.

6 goals for Wigan last season is not bad considering they were horrendous for 50% of it.

20. qs

qs New Member Elite

I don't think he's better at beating his man than Theo. His movement isn't as good, his finishing isn't close. He is stronger than Theo though.

I'm pretty surprised how highly people rate Moses TBH. Probably has alot to do with his game against us.