• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Victor Moses

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
qs said:
If Theo goes he might be a reasonable replacement but he's definitely not at Theo's level at the moment and if you've watched Wigan much you'll realise he's even less consistent. Good potential but this would be another case of buying potential.

i don't like the idea of comparing him to theo directly, different players and fwiw we probably signed podolski in case theo stalls on contract... replacement in terms of squad space, but honestly i think moses would add more to the team both in the short- and especially in the longer run

qs

Established Member
There's no way we signed Podolski because of Theo's contract situation.

As for comparing him to Theo I don't see why we'd sign him unless Theo leaves so I feel like it makes perfect sense to compare him to Theo.

Floating

Established Member
Also, don't forget that Moses plays for Nigeria, so we would miss him every two years to the ACN.

qs

Established Member
Floating said:
Also, don't forget that Moses plays for Nigeria, so we would miss him every two years to the ACN.

Completely forgot about that, I always think of Moses as English but when we already have Gervinho thats a real problem.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Isn't it getting moved to the summer after the next one?

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
qs said:
Floating said:

Completely forgot about that, I always think of Moses as English but when we already have Gervinho thats a real problem.

Though Moses was Jewish?

:coat:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
THunter said:
Isn't it getting moved to the summer after the next one?

ACON in the summer? Come on..

The one thing that'll change is that it moves from even to odd years. Previously it was 2008, 10, 12, next is 13, 15, and so on. Supposedly to not coincide with the World Cup, players having two large tournaments in one season is probably too much.

pikey2000

qs said:
I don't think he's better at beating his man than Theo. His movement isn't as good, his finishing isn't close. He is stronger than Theo though.

I'm pretty surprised how highly people rate Moses TBH. Probably has alot to do with his game against us.

Gonna have to agree to disagree here. Ive watched almost every Arsenal game this year (prem) and Theo can't beat his man at all. I don't mean knocking the ball 20 yards past the bloke and running after it....of course he has that in his locker

I mean actually dribbling past his man with skill at close range - Theo CANNOT do that.

Moses definitely can, without at doubt which would be more useful to us when teams are parking the bus and the option to knock the ball and run after it isn't available and ultimately Theo goes missing

iced22

No better than Gervinho. No thanks.

Hoilett is much better than him and wouldn't cost a fortune, but I wouldn't want either him or Moses tbh.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
qs said:
I don't think he's better at beating his man than Theo. His movement isn't as good, his finishing isn't close. He is stronger than Theo though.

I'm pretty surprised how highly people rate Moses TBH. Probably has alot to do with his game against us.
Not really. Regular PL watchers would know how good Moses is. Hes been fantastic all season for Wigan. Granted he missed some outrageous chances and is far too selfish in the final 3rd, but he is only young and can improve alot under Wenger.

This guy in our side would be twice the player limited Walcott is. Pace power dribbling ability all there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom