• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Victor Osimhen

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
50-60M he value. don't fall into these traps like we did with Pepe before. good player athlete and great workrate he still not proved he is 20 goals a season yet also his injures in worrying.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Agree with Usif, exciting player for sure but hasn’t proved enough yet to justify that fee. Why not give him another year or two? His fee can’t go much higher.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

50-60M he value. don't fall into these traps like we did with Pepe before. good player athlete and great workrate he still not proved he is 20 goals a season yet also his injures in worrying.
He has been injured a lot, so how can you demand him to get 20 goals season? :eyess:

Also I just explained his injuries, they're freak injuries fracture to cheekbone, shoulder injury and corona which has had him sidelined the most.

Arsenal4life14

If were really looking at 2 fowards this season I'd be happy with Jesus and this guy for sure, But we shouldn't pay anywhere near 100 million for him, Thats a huge gamble on a player that has only been on the scene for a couple years, that sort of money you pay for someone that is coming to do the business straight away not in a few years. We shouldn't offer more than 60, I also wouldn't mind seeing Pepe as part of a deal

drippin

If were really looking at 2 fowards this season I'd be happy with Jesus and this guy for sure, But we shouldn't pay anywhere near 100 million for him, Thats a huge gamble on a player that has only been on the scene for a couple years, that sort of money you pay for someone that is coming to do the business straight away not in a few years. We shouldn't offer more than 60, I also wouldn't mind seeing Pepe as part of a deal
He's not a project. He seems ready to explode.

In his last 3 seasons in Ligue 1 and Serie A he has a point per 118 minutes overall.

This season (which is included in those 3 seasons) he has a point per 107 minutes in Serie A.

For example Vlahovic has a point per 97 minutes this season.
Earlier season was a point per 127 minutes and the season before was a point per 216 minutes.

The level, trajectory and potential are comparable with these players.

If you offer 60 million when he has 3 years in contract and they paid 75 million, you can be sure they only laugh at you.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is a guy who rises above Chelsea centre backs and scores headers. He poaches goals. He can run in behind and smash goals in. When the ball is played up to him he can fight and hold it up. He can smash goals in from the edge of the box.

Why are we trying to convince ourselves that we shouldn't sign him for 80 million? It's literally the going rate for a potentially elite forward. This isn't an Isak. Osimhen is scoring goals vs Premier League opposition.

StefanB

His fitness worries me. Thats the only thing that actually about this transfer for me that I don't like.

The pricetag? I don't care much about that. If we can afford him and still make smart and needed transfers in other areas then I'm all for it.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He's not a project. He seems ready to explode.

In his last 3 seasons in Ligue 1 and Serie A he has a point per 118 minutes overall.

This season (which is included in those 3 seasons) he has a point per 107 minutes in Serie A.

For example Vlahovic has a point per 97 minutes this season.
Earlier season was a point per 127 minutes and the season before was a point per 216 minutes.

The level, trajectory and potential are comparable with these players.

If you offer 60 million when he has 3 years in contract and they paid 75 million, you can be sure they only laugh at you.
They bought him for 75 million? Jesus, actually scammed

drippin

They bought him for 75 million? Jesus, actually scammed
Osimhen is currently the best striker available on the market I think. They will make like 25 million profit on him if we want him in the summer.

And I'm not talking about Lewa or similar who we can't even get.

drippin

This is a guy who rises above Chelsea centre backs and scores headers. He poaches goals. He can run in behind and smash goals in. When the ball is played up to him he can fight and hold it up. He can smash goals in from the edge of the box.

Why are we trying to convince ourselves that we shouldn't sign him for 80 million? It's literally the going rate for a potentially elite forward. This isn't an Isak. Osimhen is scoring goals vs Premier League opposition.
Exactly. Isak would also cost more than 70 million, and can barely score goals.

What other options are there? They are all bigger gambles than Osimhen (and all have some areas of their game lacking) and also cost a lot of money.

Jesus is of course the best cheapest option, but we are trying to get him too so it's not counted.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I do think he looks very exciting. Think it may need a bit of a miracle and certainly CL. That said I've been wondering if all this wage clearing has been for going big on a striker...

drippin

I do think he looks very exciting. Think it may need a bit of a miracle and certainly CL. That said I've been wondering if all this wage clearing has been for going big on a striker...
We were ready to pay 82 million euros for Vlahovic, so willing to pay 100 million euros for Osimhen makes very much sense, who is the second best striker on the market.

They clearly want a top striker. What is good about Osimhen is that he is also tall, so he can be the target for long balls when needed. This seems a big consideration for Arteta, giving more options to get off the press, and of course give header threat.

DCL is the cheaper option for that, while I want to believe we can get Jesus as the other striker option who can also play on the wing.

drippin

If we make cl we may pay the money, Arsenal and 100m ni chance.
Napoli are going to UCL, and Osimhen has said he only moves to a UCL club.

So yeah, it seems this depends totally on UCL, and we go for cheaper option like DCL or extend Laca if we don't have the money and UCL place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom