• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Victor Osimhen

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanB

If you get him for €75M or something close to that, then it's a no-brainer in my mind. Still only 25 (born in december) and the Napoli side this season was atrocious. He would bag a lot of goals for us. Imagine him and Havertz fighting it out for the starting spot with Jesus and Trossard as 3rd and 4th choice. That is insane quality going from basically Jesus and Nketiah at the start of last season - with Havertz finally finding his position.

Burrata

Player:Saka
If you get him for €75M or something close to that, then it's a no-brainer in my mind. Still only 25 (born in december) and the Napoli side this season was atrocious. He would bag a lot of goals for us. Imagine him and Havertz fighting it out for the starting spot with Jesus and Trossard as 3rd and 4th choice. That is insane quality going from basically Jesus and Nketiah at the start of last season - with Havertz finally finding his position.

we can still go up to 90/100m, he is top notch
a bad season doesnt make him a bad player, whole napoli were terrible. they finished 10th after being champions, do you guys realize that ?

can't get last pages message on osimhen when we have example like havertz who shows environment and confidence are key to get the best out of a player

get osimhen at all cost and he'll cook, he has everything we lack, transition, mid block, low bloc
he can run, dominate the box, being insane as a target man like toney, not the best finisher but has the talent to generate a lot of shots, even if he don't score it create chaos and he is also very good for pressing.

innisfree

I just went through the last 5 years in the top 5 leagues on FBref, and if my ****ty mental math is correct, the only players that have scored more non-pen goals since the start of the 2019-2020 season until now are Lewandoski, Kane, Mbappe, Haaland, Salah, and Lautaro. Imagine how much those guys would cost if they were available, aged 25, and had 2 years left on their contract; so it's not at all ridiculous to suggest that Osi is worth upwards of £90m.

I know people have concerns about injuries, but the only one which seems to be potentially reoccurring is his hamstring. Almost a third of them are random bullshit like getting covid twice, breaking his cheekbone, etc. With Kai, GJ, Trossard as other 9 options I think we could manage it.

If you watch him play, the way he goes in for duels is extremely intense. He never stops running, and has that natural striker's instinct that someone like Kai lacks. As much as I love Kai, he's simply not someone that I imagine strikes fear into top European sides, whereas with Osi's pace, directness, willingness to take shots, and aerial ability, he has potential to completely change the way teams are forced to play against us. Imagine City trying to play their same high line at the Emptyhad against us with the threat of Raya going long to Osi running in behind.

With all this being said, if Edu is going to subject himself to dealing with ADL, I would still prefer we go for Kvara - but anyone writing Osi off needs to lay off the zig zags.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Guys, I know you are all coasting on @A_G being addicted to superbru, but you're almost at the "this is why we can't have nice things" part of the transfer season and it's barely begun.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, July 16

Arsenal have rejected a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe from Fulham, who are now considering a second bid [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Marseille are keen to sign Eddie Nketiah as they look to replace the outgoing Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom