• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Victor Wanyama

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Re: Wanyama (watched by scouts)

bingobob said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Man monster Celtic will be looking 15m+ for him though but he is exactly what we need

I doubt it, what's the record transfer from the Scotish league? We're talking about a league that's probably below Championship level

EDIT just checked their record fee received is 9.5m

I don't doubt it he will smash the record. Ferguson is watching him this evening City and Arsenal interested Neil a Lennon has already said 25m (while I doubt he will get 25m if a bidding war starts anything is possible)
Edit: remember how much did we paid for the inexperienced Chamberlain 15m or so from the Championship Zaha people are talking 15m+ so an experienced league winner with Champions League experience will cost ?????

I don't think the world record for a DM/B2B midfielder is even 25million, Yaya was 24m. Defensive players aren't worth nearly as much as attacking players. Players in leagues like Scotland aren't worth much at all and the league is generally considered worse the the Championship, it's 1 of Europes worse divisions. Look at Barry Ferguson, he was a football god in the SPL but couldn't hack it in the EPL

Lennon is talking BS, they'll get 12m tops and laugh all the way to bank with it

EDIT The Brazilian league is 1000times superior to the Scottish league
For what it is worth I said I dont think they will get 25m for him.

Steven Fletcher only played for Hibs and now he is one of the top goal scorers in England.
James McCarthy scrapped it out for relegation each season with Inverness and now he is a 10m+ player.
Jelavić currently CF for a team ahead of us and only moved for so little (7m)because of the situation Rangers were in last season.
Ki moved for 6m (in the last year of his contract and he was 4th choice for Celtic) to Swansea and he has been excellent thus far.

Like I said, just wait and see how much he moves for because if the teams that are interested come in for him we will be priced out.

Told ya so :D

Mobb Starr

Seems like he was linked to us by Celtic to increase his value. Too bad it backfired when he is bought by a club most likely to be fighting relegation next season for a fee less than half Neil Lennon said he was worth. A bad move Imo, I would have preferred to stay at Celtic and get CL football rather than PL at all costs for one season before plying trade in the championship..

GDeep™

League is very weak
Decent move if you ask me, Southampton look like they are going places, good young manager, ambitious owners, good football etc.

Interesting that the other linked club was Cardiff, no top club wanted him in the end.

Mobb Starr

GDeep said:
Decent move if you ask me, Southampton look like they are going places, good young manager, ambitious owners, good football etc.

Interesting that the other linked club was Cardiff, no top club wanted him in the end.

I'd like to agree with you but apart from being a feeder club with their home grown players. Southampton are a yoyo club who will be lucky to finish any higher than they did last season and most likely will be relegated.

Floating

Established Member
Mobb Starr said:
GDeep said:

I'd like to agree with you but apart from being a feeder club with their home grown players. Southampton are a yoyo club who will be lucky to finish any higher than they did last season and most likely will be relegated.

Southampton have bought very smartly and ambitiously this window, along with Swansea. Both clubs will be fairly comfortably mid-table, in my opinion.

Buhry

Established Member

Floating said:
Mobb Starr said:
GDeep said:

Southampton have bought very smartly and ambitiously this window, along with Swansea. Both clubs will be fairly comfortably mid-table, in my opinion.

And even if they were to struggle if he had a good season he'd probably be able to secure a move away next season.

Good move for everyone it seems to me. Much better for him as a player to get into the EPL than stay at celtic and roflstomp through the scottish league.

Anzac

Established Member
Arai said:
He's gone...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22969633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22969633</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Time to lock this thread.

This.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Any chances of letting Schneiderlin now?

I like Saints, my favorites in England, after AFC. They are doing nice job there, with some brilliant young players. I am not sure Lovren was a good buy, as Croatian, I expect him to have real problems with Premier league

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Re: Wanyama (watched by scouts)

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Like I said, just wait and see how much he moves for because if the teams that are interested come in for him we will be priced out.

Told ya so :D[/quote]
Not at all actually. As you can read I said 'if the teams that are interested come in for him we will be priced out' the teams that were interested (City and United did not come in for him) but if they did we probably would have been priced out considering he moved to Southampton for 12.5m which is 4m less than our record signing. If either of those two club got involved in a bidding war he wouldn't have been sold for 12.5m because Celtic like most clubs are smart enough to know City pay over the odds, heck we know that best of all! So know you told me nout :D

oh and please lock as he has moved on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom