• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Victor Wanyama

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Re: Wanyama (watched by scouts)

Bossed Barca in two games watched by all the top teams in England probably out of our range now :(

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Good, hope we don't get him. He's had a good game yes, but I don't think he's good enough for us, just ask Celtic fans. It's like judging Ramsey in our win against United two seasons ago. If we really want to improve we'll have to look at other, far better players.

Airknight

Established Member

Can see him going to Everton or something, not a top team material yet imo.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Promising player, has impressed for about 18 months. 10M would get you him I think, 20M is out of our price range and Wanyama is just about worth half that.

Lennon has signed some good players, Forster, Hooper, Izzaguire etc.

AFC-Phil

Established Member

Not near our level. He'd be eaten alive in our midfield IMO.

Glovegun

Established Member

Don't really see what he could offer that Frimpong couldn't.

What we need in January is a top, top European striker, and potentially a replacement for Theo.

evoh_1

Established Member

Has a really good shot and pass on him for a guy so brutal off the ball, defo could play in a top team and could take the ball winner / carrier role.

fabo

6.51 / 10

Glovegun said:

What we need in January is a top, top European striker, and potentially a replacement for Theo.

Have you watched him mate? Frimpong looks nowhere near as good, he's done nothing really.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

I have seen him play, but i dont think he is the solution for our midfield to be honest.

Glovegun

Established Member

fabo said:
Glovegun said:

Have you watched him mate? Frimpong looks nowhere near as good, he's done nothing really.

Yeah, briefly, and right now he is the better player - but not so much better that it justifies buying him.

I think Frimpong is often seen as this bizarre combination of Eboue and Vinnie Jones, when he's actually quite a decent footballer.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Frimpong will never be as good as Wanyama.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He will end up at a top team the man is a monster. Gary Neville inparticular was salvating over him the other night. Top goal scorer for Celtic as a DM, been watched by Man City, ourselves, United and Chelsea in the recent past, playing fantastically against Barcelona, and scoring, and in their other Champions League games.

This guy would be excellent in our midfield protecting the back 4 but I feel if it goes into a bidding war we will lose out.

Le Titi

Does anyone else think people have the tendency to overrate big, black, beefy CDM's? Muamba was the next Vieira at one point.

Admittedly I have only seen this guy play a few times, and whilst I have been impressed, I strongly doubt he's ready to slot into a top top European team right now.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

dendito said:
My point is that i don't see the need to sign another squad player even if he might be very good in the next years.

Showing ambition would be to sign a player who proved himself already in one of the best leagues in europe and at international level who would be an improvement on Song. (Even if i personally rate song i agree there are better DM than him)

Knowing that we will never do that (M'vila was my only hope), signing Wanyama will just probably delay Coquelin and Frimpong's development.

M'vila hasn't proven himself at international or top league level.

baccy_man

Established Member

The performances that Wanyama is putting in at the moment will soon move him out of our price bracket and he will probably go to one of the big spending clubs.

GDeep™

League is very weak

He'll cost under 10-12M max, not sure a young developing kenyan from a 3rd rate could ever command more.

Pires7_Legend

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/arsenal-offered-chance-to-sign-celtic-star

Took it from lobby, very very weak link but still a link.

I was reading in summer that we actually bid for him but Celtic turned it down, now when he still did not sign new contract and his future in doubt maybe we have a chance.

I really rate him. Think he is quality player which we exactly missing in midfield + he is having a great season with Celtic, not sure if it gonna happen tho.

el57

Arsenal needs more Belgians: fact. We're taking over the footy world guys.

Top Bottom