• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Victor Wanyama

baccy_man

Established Member
Re: Wanyama (watched by scouts)

What happened to the link up that we had with Beveren we dont hear anything about that any more.

evoh_1

Established Member

beveren thing is over now issues on both sides over the agreement and think there was an issue with things like arsenal supposedly paying for transfers to beveren with a view to signing players post passport application.

If we want to get with a club in belgium we should be working with stadard liege, top quality academy and we could have player sharing proposal for ourse and there best players to give them a different experience.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/wenger-ponders-move-for-celtics-wanyama-to-bolster-midfield-8460943.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 60943.html</a>

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

At this point I really don't care anymore whether we get Diame, Wanyama or Capoue, but we need one of them.

As soon as the window closes you just know Diaby will get injured again.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

I still think he is the missing link we need in midfield

yuvken

Established Member

Didn't watch him a whole lot, but from what i've seen he'd fit well here.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Man monster Celtic will be looking 15m+ for him though but he is exactly what we need

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

bingobob said:
Man monster Celtic will be looking 15m+ for him though but he is exactly what we need

I doubt it, what's the record transfer from the Scotish league? We're talking about a league that's probably below Championship level

EDIT just checked their record fee received is 9.5m

DiamondGooner

Established Member

Well hopefully between the talk of this guy plus Diame it's obvious the CDM position is on Wenger's mind and probably an area we may actually see a signing in.

Warship

Looks a really good player this one, having watched him a good bit, but didn't Wenger say players that are cup-tied for the Champions League "can't help us" :D

GDeep™

League is very weak

Don't see this, as he'll cost abit and options like Diame/Capoue are cheaper. Seems versatile, can just sit and shield, which iv seen him do, but also can play a box to box game, decent pass on him too - with Wanyama you feel managers will be able to get him to play whichever role they desire or suits best to their team.

baccy_man

Established Member

Warship said:
Looks a really good player this one, having watched him a good bit, but didn't Wenger say players that are cup-tied for the Champions League "can't help us" :D
I think we need to worry more about getting in the top 4 than the player being cup tied for this season,
unless we are going to win the thing and qualify that way which i can't see us doing.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
bingobob said:

I doubt it, what's the record transfer from the Scotish league? We're talking about a league that's probably below Championship level

I don't doubt it he will smash the record. Ferguson is watching him this evening City and Arsenal interested Neil a Lennon has already said 25m (while I doubt he will get 25m if a bidding war starts anything is possible)
Edit: remember how much did we paid for the inexperienced Chamberlain 15m or so from the Championship Zaha people are talking 15m+ so an experienced league winner with Champions League experience will cost ?????

GDeep™

League is very weak

Zaha and Chamberlain are elite English talent, Wanyama is an East African playing in a tin pot league, won't go for more than 10-12M.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

GDeep said:
Zaha and Chamberlain are elite English talent, Wanyama is an East African playing in a tin pot league, won't go for more than 10-12M.
Righto. We will see who is right and who is wrong when he eventually moves but just so you know it is the quality of the player not the league. Brazil is a tinpot league with players that will fetch 20m + the days of cherrypicking top talent for peanuts is over especially when players like Carroll and Henderson are being bought at 20m + and teams are aware just how much money swirls about England.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

bingobob said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
bingobob said:

I don't doubt it he will smash the record. Ferguson is watching him this evening City and Arsenal interested Neil a Lennon has already said 25m (while I doubt he will get 25m if a bidding war starts anything is possible)
Edit: remember how much did we paid for the inexperienced Chamberlain 15m or so from the Championship Zaha people are talking 15m+ so an experienced league winner with Champions League experience will cost ?????

I don't think the world record for a DM/B2B midfielder is even 25million, Yaya was 24m. Defensive players aren't worth nearly as much as attacking players. Players in leagues like Scotland aren't worth much at all and the league is generally considered worse the the Championship, it's 1 of Europes worse divisions. Look at Barry Ferguson, he was a football god in the SPL but couldn't hack it in the EPL

Lennon is talking BS, they'll get 12m tops and laugh all the way to bank with it

EDIT The Brazilian league is 1000times superior to the Scottish league

el57

Javi Martinez was 40m euros, but that was a bit of a stupid price to be honest.

coopsollini

Vinci said:
At this point I really don't care anymore whether we get Diame, Wanyama or Capoue, but we need one of them.

As soon as the window closes you just know Diaby will get injured again.

Exactly. We just need someone with a physical presence in the centre of the park who is defensively minded.

No more 5'6, 65kg, technical midfielders please.

Top Bottom