• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vieira sent off!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks like he's back on form and ready to come back.

EDIT: Too bad it wasn't for a trademark crunching tackle or a customary backchat to the ref.

Canuck

Established Member
He must have been getting really frustrated that they could hammer the Faroes. He'll be happy to be back in a side that is playing top notch footy when he gets back to Highbury. :mrgreen:

Gooner_Milton

Hope he doesn't let it go to his head. He needs to get fit and fast. Want to see that Vieira/Cesc partnership ASAP!

Jinn

Established Member
He got sent off for a second yellow - a dive.

Nothing to do with him being fired up!

Canuck

Established Member
Well I like to think that good players only dive when they are really frustrated, as a last resort you know. And I think that Paddy is a good player so he shouldn't be diving all over like an RVN.

AFCG7

Established Member
Vieira resorting to diving to get a penalty vs the Faroes? The Faroe Islands?
Ridiculous.. and if he did do it he should be banned for the rest of the year!
I can understand if he did it against Germany Holland Brazil.. but the Faroes?

jeromelee

I saw the first half of the match. It was dull. Pires, Henry and Paddy all didn't really play well. I dunno what's up with the French lineup but somehow they just don't play well. You would've expected the french to whitewash faroe.

AfC_li4nGht

Well... that does look like a dive to me... the faroe did make a contact...

Yesh~ Paddy will realise that it is Arsenal where he can play top football with his wonderful team mates...

patrick42uk

Established Member
vieira diving is nothing new, although i'v never seen him trying it in the penalty area. in midfield he often reacts theatrically to the slightest of touches, usually buying himself a free-kick and time. its embarrasing to watch sometimes though, seeing a big man go down so easily.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How on earth the referee could tell it was a dive from where he was standing i will never know.

All the instant replays from all the angles could not show if there was any contact made, if there was, then yes, it would not have been a brutal challenge but atleast the defender made contact and therefore it cannot be counted as a dive.

Most referees would have let that go, patrick was very unlucky imo.

vin de guerre

If he was unlucky what about the Irish goal scorer that got a direct red for celebrating!!!!
Talk about dont do as the Romans when out of Rome. The Italian ref must have forgotten that he was outside of Italy.

patrick42uk

Established Member
vin de guerre said:
If he was unlucky what about the Irish goal scorer that got a direct red for celebrating!!!!
Talk about dont do as the Romans when out of Rome. The Italian ref must have forgotten that he was outside of Italy.

he got a yellow for celebrating then another for making an obscene gesture to the ref.

Top Bottom