• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vieira sent off!

vin de guerre

patrick42uk said:
vin de guerre said:
If he was unlucky what about the Irish goal scorer that got a direct red for celebrating!!!!
Talk about dont do as the Romans when out of Rome. The Italian ref must have forgotten that he was outside of Italy.

he got a yellow for celebrating then another for making an obscene gesture to the ref.

His misinterpreted obscene gesture was towards his own fans and not the ref. The ref was a little too hot at that stage and it was a straight red.

patrick42uk

Established Member
'Healy was given two yellow cards, one for celebrating too much and then for an apparent gesture to the home supporters' - soccernet.com

the skysports reporter on the touchline said the same thing. tbh the only red i thought was harsh was savage's. although i quckly forgot that as savage burst out in tears. classic football moment. he'll never live it down.

KingReyes

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
vieira diving is nothing new, although i'v never seen him trying it in the penalty area. in midfield he often reacts theatrically to the slightest of touches, usually buying himself a free-kick and time. its embarrasing to watch sometimes though, seeing a big man go down so easily.

I know what you mean Pat, his reactions when getting fouled are a bit over the top. Then when the foul is given and play is ready to continue he gets up and acts like nothing has happened. As you mentioned its rather embarrassing to watch a man of Paddy's stature do those things sometimes. Players buying themselves free-kicks unfortuantely has become part of the game and tactics. With the Italians being the masters in that Area.

Ridge

jeromelee said:
I saw the first half of the match. It was dull. Pires, Henry and Paddy all didn't really play well.
oh yes, it was very very very damn boring, i went to sleep after henry was subbed off. boring match. that aint the french team i know.

dee said:
Some reports say paddy was sent off for foul and abusive language and not diving.
Neither. he was sent off because he fell down in the penalty box. not a dive huh?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Vieira booked for diving and consequently being sent off? I think that's been coming for a while, we've all acknowledged his tendency to dive..

dee

Is there a mission to destroy pat on this forum at the moment evry wrong thing that can happen to him is and all of you are jumpimg on the bendwagon.if he had done that for arsenal l don't think any of you guys will be saying this. besides from were the refree was l don't understand how he could have seen the dive,read the some reports you will see that they say that he was touched and when the refree didn't give him he penalty he mouthed off which he shouldn't have done.his was the same as that of reyes against everton were all of you were saying it was a penalty but coz its pat u choose to see differently.don't some of you think we should let wat happened during the summer be history ,a lot of you are still holding something against him HE IS AN ARSENAL PLAYER YOU KNOW. l'm not saying you should support him if he dives but treat him the same as other players i.e pires against poppy got our support even when we knew he was wrong.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Pires didn't get my support. I thought that it was a disgraceful thing to do and I was embarrassed to be a Gooner that day. Whether or not we'd have our place in the record books is immaterial because Pires cheated. Fact.

Now, with Vieira, I'm not holding anything against him from the summer, I was one who thought if he went, I'd be gutted but I'd understand. Obviously I'm delighted that he stayed. I haven't seen the incident, so I don't know whether he dived. But if he did, he cheated, plain and simple. I'm inclined to believe that he did, because I've seen him do it before. And getting a second yellow for foul and abusive language is ridiculous, I thought he'd cut that side of him out. What a start to his captaincy eh?

dee

Oh so now u're ? his captaincy!U didn't see the incident but u're judging him ,why don't judge him when u've seen it . just like l said its one those decisions that goes for u or doesn't. so u better reserve your judgement.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
What I'm sayin, dee, if you calm down and actually read it, is that Vieira is known, even on this forum to take the odd theatrical tumble now and again. Some even call it diving.
IF that is what he did last night, then he deserved a booking.

And getting a second yellow for foul and abusive language- I mean seriously, having just been booked, what did he expect to happen? And as captain, he should have kept his mouth shut and got on with the game.

Anyway, let's hope he takes this anger into the game on Saturday- without the swearing- cos I think he plays better when wound up.

dee

Okay l understand wat u're saying its just that its disapointing to see that some people on here are waiting for pat do something wrong and they're all on his back.
And getting a second yellow for foul and abusive language- I mean seriously, having just been booked, what did he expect to happen? And as captain, he should have kept his mouth shut and got on with the game.
its probably all the frustration of a long-term injury and not being able to impose himself on the game that got to him.l know its no excuse.

vin de guerre

I heard that Paddy actually got the first yellow for falling asleep in the penalty area and the second for being p!ssed off for being woken up.

namliam

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:11 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard that Paddy actually got the first yellow for falling asleep in the penalty area and the second for being p!ssed off for being woken up.

lol....i hoenestly dont care about france at all but i think vieira does dive alot and the only reason it isnt as highlighted as pires' is that it happens near the midfield line and hence is seen as fair whearas pires being an attacking player tends to lose his footing a little too easily near the penalty box...in all honestly i hate to see it and really wish vieira would stop it...ater all he is suppsoed to be a powerful dominating physical athlete....

and just for those who think admiting vieira dives is the same as bashing him...if that was true we would be like man u fans claiming ronaldo and rvn dosent dive

Guns and Arses

vin de guerre said:
His misinterpreted obscene gesture was towards his own fans and not the ref. The ref was a little too hot at that stage and it was a straight red.
Obscene gesture...reminds me of Petit's finger :D

A

Anonymous

Im glad he got sent off. he wont have to play their next game now.

But he dives all the time, by far the worst in our team. He is good at it so hardly ever gets noticed. I guess he got caught out this time.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tsk tsk tsk. At least he could have shown some masculinity and put in a hard challenge to get sent off for :wink: .

This game is not the ballet or the NBA. It is a contact sport and as far as I'm concered diving is ruining the game.

I for one don't remember any incidents of him diving, but the fact of the matter is that if he did take a dive, justuce has been served.

And as for mouthing off, he better get it out of his system as it is not tolerated here be refs. Maybe on the international scene they are more lenient, doubt it but he might think so, but here in England he will suffer the consequences if he's not careful.

AFCG7

Established Member
I think we the fans should have a go at our players when they dive.. its getting ridiculous nowadays, the game needs to be fair.. if any of our guys blatantly dive we should let them know we dont appreciate it and we should let thme know in a manner which is on par with the opposing teams.. nobody likes their own fans giving them a hard time.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom