• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Villarreal v Arsenal : Player Ratings

ZanYGooneR

Invincible said:
kel varnsen said:
i do wonder how much the goal influences ade's ratings in this thread. he was absolutely abysmal for most of the match...
He wasn't.

Totally agree he wasn't, can't believe the amount of ****e that gets posted on this forum.

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia : N/A

Sagna : 5 (crossing was dire)
Touré : 6 (can't head a ball)
Gallas : 6
Clichy : 5

Walcott : 5
Fabregas : 6 (poor by his standards)
Song : 6
Denilson : 6
Nasri : 4 (offered zero. been the case for too many times this season)

Ade : 7 (purely for the goal)

Fabianski : 7
Djourou : 6

Lukazan

Established Member
The majority of my ratings are 6. i.e average. That is exactly what the performance on a whole was. Terrible first half, better second but still not great. We only came away with a goal because of a moment of genius from Adebayor.

That moment aside, and perhaps one, maybe two others, I never felt we'd score.

I don't think my ratings reflect a **** performance, merely an average one. Which is what it was. To say otherwise would be ridiculous.

(this is assuming you were referring to my ratings and not the original poster's or the threads as a whole)

JGooner

Adebayor was superb in the second-half. When he focuses on being a classic line-leading centre-forward instead of pretending to be Thierry Henry, he is a monster. The classic moment, aside from the goal, was when he won a corner by chasing their left-back down when most others (including himself on a bad day) would have left it alone. A monster performance of the kind we need away from home when things are going against us.

Nasri was poor. I like the fact that he treats the ball as a precious thing and won't take stupid risks with passes but there comes a time (especially when Arshavin is unavailable) that he has to assume more responsibility for creating chances.

Lukazan

Established Member
Adebayor is a good player when he plays his own game. Unfortunately, he's only ever not pretending to be Henry about 3% of the time.

Needs to get his arse upfront and stay upfront. His attempted dribbles have me cringing. He's absolutely useless on the ball with opposition players ahead of him.

JGooner

Lukazan said:
Adebayor is a good player when he plays his own game. Unfortunately, he's only ever not pretending to be Henry about 3% of the time.

Needs to get his arse upfront and stay upfront. His attempted dribbles have me cringing. He's absolutely useless on the ball with opposition players ahead of him.

I agree. There was a horrible instance of it yesterday, when he tried to do a Henry-esque penetrating run through two or three defenders and just stumbled over his own legs. Drogba, not Henry, should be his model to emulate.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom