• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vincent Janssen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Anyway, the guy is decent, but the Dutch league is so ****, you wouldn't believe.

He's far from ready to do anything meaningful here.

Reactions: BBF

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Anyway, the guy is decent, but the Dutch league is so ****, you wouldn't believe.

He's far from ready to do anything meaningful here.
That is true. I'm highly sceptical of players in defence or attack from the Eredivise.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Not a very Dutch name either is it?
I'm never sure if you're be sarcastic or not mate :)
Janssen is probably the most common surname in Holland. ;)
Meme-Faces-Troll-Gif-12.gif

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I don't know how good Janssen is as I've only seen him play against England in that one match. When you read on paper a 21 year scored over 20 goals a season it sounds great but to put it into perspective this was the league that Jozy Altidore scored 23 league goals in season before joining Sunderland and scoring 1 in 31.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
That's why you shouldn't judge on stats, but judge performances on the pitch.

Anway I don't think Janssen is good enough yet. Like Huntelaar and Horseface he started slowly (2nd tier), but has been developing very well. Could do with one more season in Holland, before moving elsewhere.

GDeep™

League is very weak
No, no, no, no, no. If anything, the rise of this guy shows why you should never buy defenders from the Eredivisie. I only remember a couple impressive goals where he used his strenght and movement to score. He is just having the time of his life, everthing falls just right for him. No way in hell he's Arsenal quality, he's a classic poacher. In games against small teams he will not get the space he gets in the eredivisie, making him useless. In the big games he does not have the pace or technique to be able to hold on to the ball or make something happen on his own. Not good enough.

Sounds like I was RIGHT AGAIN with my Giroud comparison.

I feel like Mr Miyagi with all the football knowledge running through my veins.

razörist

Sounds like I was RIGHT AGAIN with my Giroud comparison.

I feel like Mr Miyagi with all the football knowledge running through my veins.
Meh, he has average pace, instead of dreadfull. He does not really do headers. He can dribble much better than Giroud, just not good enough.

To be honest there is not a striker in the world I would compare to Giroud at the moment.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Looks like he can score goals from all points of the compass. I wouldn't be against this kind of signing if it isn't our only signing in the striker department. Shouldn't cost a lot, as well. Ideally we get one established striker in, one backup and banish Giroud/Walcott to the outer wilderness.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No, no, no, no, no. If anything, the rise of this guy shows why you should never buy defenders from the Eredivisie. I only remember a couple impressive goals where he used his strenght and movement to score. He is just having the time of his life, everthing falls just right for him. No way in hell he's Arsenal quality, he's a classic poacher. In games against small teams he will not get the space he gets in the eredivisie, making him useless. In the big games he does not have the pace or technique to be able to hold on to the ball or make something happen on his own. Not good enough.
Your league is so weak that it makes people wary, I think that's why the top clubs allowed Liverpool to sign Suarez.

Remember Finnbogason? Got 29 goals in your league can't even get a game for Real Sociedad now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is my issue with De Boer, the level of play in Holland is so so weak that even he as a manager will have to earn his stripes elsewhere before getting a shot at Arsenal.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Must be hard getting playing time for Real Sociedad when you left for Olympiakos, scored against Arsenal and now you're playing for FC Augsburg.
Just goes to show how average of a player he is. He barely played during his loan at olympiacos either. Not sure if his Augsburg loan is doing better.

razörist

Your league is so weak that it makes people wary, I think that's why the top clubs allowed Liverpool to sign Suarez.

Remember Finnbogason? Got 29 goals in your league can't even get a game for Real Sociedad now.
I agree with you, it's not only that it's weak, but also very focussed on attacking. Team's don't park the bus regularly here, only away at top clubs. So if you are an average-ok striker in a bit of form, at a club just below the top, you'll have a field day more often than not.

Suarez is not the correct example tbh, most clubs were sleeping when they should have signed him after world cup '10 and his +30 league goals season. No brainer, but at the time our transfer record was still Nasri/Arshavin I think, so don't count us. Granted, I did not think he would be THIS good, but he was great already. His Uruguay internationals showed that.

Many epic examples, such as Alfred, Alfonso Alves (middlesbrough), Luuk de Jong, some farmer called Bjorn Vleminx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom