• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vincent Kompany

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 619
  • Views 14,601

Clarkey

I heard he was very over rated and the price is very high as Anderlecht do not need the cash, the reason why he isn't at Chelsea.

Jinn

Established Member
Wow, didn't know that.

I thought they were rated pretty similarly, and by reports had the same potential.

KingReyes

Established Member
I like the title of the topic :D. Kompany is highly rated, the clubs linked to him indicate this however I can't see Arsenal making an approach at the price mentioned.

Arjan

Apart from being an international, he also has 2 years of Champions League experience. Last year a offer of around 25 million Euros (chelsea) was rejected for him. (so accepting 15 now seems strange......)

Recently a belgian newspaper called him the new vieira, but with technique, don't know what they mean with that....

Anderlecht allready have him covered inthe even younger and equally talented Anthony vanden Borre.

Sammer

Established Member
jasonlohkh said:
Anyone see him plays before????

I saw him playing against the german national team. Personally, I thought that this was one of the best performances I have seen from a defender at that age (he must be 18 by now).

Great talent, incredibly composed for his age, but therefore...very likely to cost big money.

JazzG

Established Member
Seen him play once and for his age he looked incredibly composed as a defender. Way out of our price range though.

sabret00the

Established Member
this would actually make sense, wenger seems to want to overhaul a few things come the end of the season and the defense if the place in which it's likely to be, kompany would be great especially if he's warranting such a price tag and knowing wenger he'd drag such a payment out over 4 years and including awards, but wher does that leave senderos? basically he'll be signed if Wenger feels he'll command our defense and be groomed to take over the role of Sol. it mostly comes down to whether or not he's happy to play second string for a season or two. and the need to replace sol is reaching urgency as he's settling into the big 3-0 he's gotten very injury prone we need a proper back up and not just a Cygan who is more suited to partner a leader.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Great. Let's get him then. We can try can't we. Not sure we will succeed but nonetheless if he is as good as being said we should at least try. That is unless AW has other ideas.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I was under the impression that Chelsea had first option on him. He's a fabulous young defender but we can't afford him right now. It might be a different story when the new stadium is up and running.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So. He's only 17 or 18 and will surely be weaker that people in their mid 20s. And have you seen Senderos enough to judge him? He may be better than Kompany, but this guy gives you CL experience, and calmness at the back. He can also have played on bad match as he is still young and Inconsistency is part and parcel with most young players which will only be replaced with consistancy with age.

A.Hussain

i have me doubts that chelsea will go for him. remember that they already have alex at PSV. he will prolly join them next season. plus theyve got terry, gallas, and carvalho.

Corny

brianfrance said:
Too expensive, not a wengerlike signing

I think he's rated £15m or that's the price on his head anyway.

A big risk and Senderos and Toure could well be our future CB partnership in the future in any case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom