• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vincent Kompany

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 619
  • Views 14,561
Belgian newspapers have said that his best position will probibly be (defensive) midfielder in a few years. He had an excellent last season ,but this season he has really blundered on a few occasions but that's just because he's feeling the pressure of equalling his performance of last season.
He's still a class act and he's very mature for an 18 year old.

Matt

Arjan said:
Anderlecht allready have him covered inthe even younger and equally talented Anthony vanden Borre.

You can't compare Vandenborre with Kompany. VDBorre is a rightback, but he only has played 10 matches in the Belgian Competition and a few in the Champions League. Last year in the semifinals of the Belgian Cup he was the worst player on the field against Beveren, also thanks to him we reached the final. And he has already 1 Belgian international match. A friendly against Turkey. He came in in the 91 minute, and he let run his man (left-winger) who scores in the 92 minute 2-3. :roll: So, don't overrate Vdborre.

Kompany is a really big talent, it's a miracle he still plays in Belgium, but he wanted to finish his last year in school. He has played perfect matches against big teams (Celtic, Lyon, Benfica, Brugge, ...) But he still makes some mistakes. He is not really a man-to-^man defender, he plays better in zone-defending.
AC Milan is his favourite club from his youth so I think he will be joining them. Certainly not Inter because Anderlecht and Inter have had a figth over some players in the past.

brianfrance

Established Member
Matt said:
Certainly not Inter because Anderlecht and Inter have had a figth over some players in the past.

About Enzo Scifo it isn't ? If it's the case, it's a bit old!

Anyway Milan have many old defenders, I won't be surprised if they sign him.

Matt

brianfrance said:
Matt said:
Certainly not Inter because Anderlecht and Inter have had a figth over some players in the past.

About Enzo Scifo it isn't ? If it's the case, it's a bit old!

Anyway Milan have many old defenders, I won't be surprised if they sign him.

No, it's not with Scifo.
But last year Anderlecht and Inter had a deal that some players who aren't going to be in the squad for this season, could come to Anderlecht on loan. But the 2 players that Anderlecht wanted, aren't coming to anderlecht. (I don't know their names but it was a Frenchman and a Nigerian. I think the Frenchman plays now at Real Sociedad)

So the manager of Anderlecht recently told to the Belgian press that they wouldn't cooperate with Inter in a deal for Kompany.

brianfrance

Established Member
Ah ok I didn't know that story
MadJens you're right IMO, because Inter had just 2 french players, Brechet and Lamouchi and brechet is at R.socidedad now (a shame, he was a really good defender in his Lyon period)

About the Nigerian, I don't think Martins would accept to go to Anderlecht, no offense mate but he really is a good player. I don't find another Nigerian in that team (last year one from senegal, Fadiga, perhaps that was him)

Matt

brianfrance said:
MadJens you're right IMO, because Inter had just 2 french players, Brechet and Lamouchi and brechet is at R.socidedad now (a shame, he was a really good defender in his Lyon period)

About the Nigerian, I don't think Martins would accept to go to Anderlecht, no offense mate but he really is a good player. I don't find another Nigerian in that team (last year one from senegal, Fadiga, perhaps that was him)

It was Brechet and Eliakwu, both would not be regular teamplayers and that's why Anderlecht wanted them.
Off course not Martins :wink:
Ik think that Eliakwu is now loaned out to another team, and that's why Anderlecht is so mad.

Tomorrow Anderlecht-Inter in the Champions league :shock: :wink:

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
brianfrance said:

Doesn't Stefan Dalmat still play for them? Or did he leave last season?

brianfrance

Established Member
Loyan, he played for Sp*****urs last season :wink:
Now he's on loan at Toulouse, and he's doing ****ing well with his new and old team-mate Moreira (they played together at Lens, when we all thought Lens was a great team, especialy after have seen the 98/99 community shield french version..dalmat was incredible, just after came from chateauroux..then he did nothing everywhere he played)

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
brianfrance said:
Loyan, he played for Sp*****urs last season :wink:
Now he's on loan at Toulouse, and he's doing f****g well with his new and old team-mate Moreira (they played together at Lens, when we all thought Lens was a great team, especialy after have seen the 98/99 community shield french version..dalmat was incredible, just after came from chateauroux..then he did nothing everywhere he played)
Brian. I know he played for Tottenham last season. He even had a bust up with his team mate IIRC, and wasn't allowed back. I wanted to know if he left during the summer, which I now know he has, but on loan to Lens.

Matt

Yesterday Vandenborre, the other "great" youngster from Anderlecht, messed it up again. Thanks to hem Anderlecht went 0-1 behind and Inter gained confidence. :roll:

Kompany was great again, the Belgian press says that ManU has also send a scout to Anderlecht.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You really don't like this guy do you. He is only about 17 for gods sake. Kids make mistakes and only learn from them. That's how they improve as players. About Kompany, doubt we'll get him, but lets at least join in a bidding war so he doesn't go to Man U and instead goes to another team on the continent.

Matt

*Loyan* said:
You really don't like this guy do you. He is only about 17 for gods sake. Kids make mistakes and only learn from them. That's how they improve as players.

Was it that obvious ? :eek:ops: :wink:

I think that when a 17-year old boy isn't good enough for the first team, you don't have to select him ! Certainly not in the Champions league or with the Belgian national team.
If he makes a mistake in the Belgian competition, that isn't a big problem, Anderlecht would win the game in spite of his mistakes. But not in a international game.

That is a huge problem here in Belgium. Broos and Antheunis (respectively the coach of Anderlecht and the Belgian national team) are selecting young players just to have an excuse for when they lose. After the game they always say that there wasn't enough experience in the team and stuff like that.

Off course you guys think that 17-year old boys should in the team, but there are lots of them who aren't as good as Fabregas :wink:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom