• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vincent Kompany

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 619
  • Views 14,611

Gurgen

Established Member
malagar said:
Amadeor said:
FAO Malagar, you haven't even seen the boy play, and you write him off. When Eboué was in Belgium, he was nowhere NEAR the level of Kompany (and he's over 2 years his senior).

I would suggest you have a look at the guy in a match, give him a chance. Then come back and share your opinion. In the meanwhile, let people discuss that actually know something about the player, because, at this moment, you're merely embarassing yourself.
I wonder how much have all the Kompany fans here seen him play?
Most of them seem like bloody FM lunatics. Or are you truly saying that all of them watch the belgian league daily?

I watch the Belgian League every week. I don't know about Estonia, but you actually get Belgian channels in Holland.

slydogg said:
richards would be better, because he is strnger and has already proved his versitility, i think that kompany is technically better but when ever ive seen him in the champions league against better quality players than they have in the belgium league he hasnt realy shone, in my eyes vanden borre has been more impressive when ever ive seen anderlecht
richards isnt a centre-back, for man city he's played best when hes had a lot of the play from the wing-back areas, getting forward

Amadeor

Still who was the last World Class player to come from Belgium?

Scifo (also had the best time of his career under Wenger).

Most of them seem like bloody FM lunatics. Or are you truly saying that all of them watch the belgian league daily?

I am from Belgium.

richards would be better, because he is strnger and has already proved his versitility,

Richards is not even close to Kompany's league. Kompany has been Anderlecht's best performer over the last two seasons. He has been a fantastic player in the CL (winning matches for Anderlecht all by himself), except for one match, against Celtic, where his co-centreback (lamine traore) caused 2 goals, and guys like you say it's Kompany's fault.

With regards to versatility, I have not seen Richards play RB, CB, DM and RM to big success as yet.

sabret00the

Established Member
malagar said:
Amadeor said:
FAO Malagar, you haven't even seen the boy play, and you write him off. When Eboué was in Belgium, he was nowhere NEAR the level of Kompany (and he's over 2 years his senior).

I would suggest you have a look at the guy in a match, give him a chance. Then come back and share your opinion. In the meanwhile, let people discuss that actually know something about the player, because, at this moment, you're merely embarassing yourself.
there's something called a torrent you know.

sabret00the

Established Member
slydogg said:
richards would be better, because he is strnger and has already proved his versitility, i think that kompany is technically better but when ever ive seen him in the champions league against better quality players than they have in the belgium league he hasnt realy shone, in my eyes vanden borre has been more impressive when ever ive seen anderlecht
micah richards?

slydogg

kompany hasnt proved anything of yet, and wil only be proved if he moves to a decent league, for example kezman was scoring goals for fun in the dutch league, he then moves to the premiership and he couldnt even score half the amount he scored in the dutch league, considering belgian football is of a lesser quality than dutch football you cant judge someone on perfomaces they have produced in a lesser league but on the games they have played aginst european opposition with a decent calibre and what kompany has done in thoes matches havent been as incouraging as what micah richards has done against the likes of tottenham and even us

i do admit kompany is the more technical, i think he is a player that is overhyped to a certain extent, as he does show talent and traits that could develop into a top footballer,

but micah richards shows determination and disire which also is a major attribute if you can channel it to aid your him to be a good footballer

3 examples of footballes with alot of determination are rooney gerard and terry and they all use determination to help their teams win games
( as you saw in the FA cup final) witch would be much more beneficial.

i would also like to add that micah richards isnt bad technically so you cant say use it as an argument

you also cant use compilations to judge a player as they only show the things they have done good and not the things they have done bad

Amadeor

what kompany has done in thoes matches havent been as incouraging as what micah richards has done against the likes of tottenham and even us

- Could you give me a list of those matches in which you thought he was not so good?

- How many matches has Micah Richards played in the CL?

Iniesta

well, i know i shouldn't be talking here, but still.

i am from Belgium, so i know a bit about Kompany.

first of all Kompany is a defender, and should always stay a defender. He isn't worth a penny playing in midfield.
He's a talented defender who has his strong runs forward, but that something which has to disappear from his game. He just does it to much.
Hes very stong on the ball, has a good view. he has a very good first touch and good passing.

Although he's very young, he plays like he has done this for quiet some time.

Down sides to Kompany: He has been injured for almost the complete season this year. Which raises the question, if isn't to injury prone.
And of course he plays in Belgium. The level of the league is so low, i say it myself... He needs to be tested in some high level games.
Still in Belgium he's considerd to be one of the greatest talents ever... (from belgium of course...)

sabret00the

Established Member
slydogg said:
kompany hasnt proved anything of yet, and wil only be proved if he moves to a decent league, for example kezman was scoring goals for fun in the dutch league, he then moves to the premiership and he couldnt even score half the amount he scored in the dutch league
kezman moved to the english league, never got a run in the team and was expected to play a game foreign to his own (up front on his own) and you expect him to pick that up in 90 minutes across a whole season before being sold? get real.

Iniesta said:
well, i know i shouldn't be talking here, but still.

i am from Belgium, so i know a bit about Kompany.

first of all Kompany is a defender, and should always stay a defender. He isn't worth a penny playing in midfield.
He's a talented defender who has his strong runs forward, but that something which has to disappear from his game. He just does it to much.
Hes very stong on the ball, has a good view. he has a very good first touch and good passing.

Although he's very young, he plays like he has done this for quiet some time.

Down sides to Kompany: He has been injured for almost the complete season this year. Which raises the question, if isn't to injury prone.
And of course he plays in Belgium. The level of the league is so low, i say it myself... He needs to be tested in some high level games.
Still in Belgium he's considerd to be one of the greatest talents ever... (from belgium of course...)
so, your a barcelona fan who lives in belgium and is talking about a player in an english club's fansite? does anyone else smell that fish?? :?:

Kenji

belgium newspaper reports that lyon is not interested anymore in kompany
but hambourg is now willing to pay the fee for him if they manage to sell van buyten to bayern

flash

Sabre I'm 50-50 with you on this one. Yes we should go for Kompany, BUT not as a midfielder because I already think Gilberto does that job very well. Yes he gives the ball away sometimes but he is a vital player now, he does a bit of everything, and is especially good in the air. When he's not in the team we miss him. His strengths far outweigh any weaknessess for me.

Another thing is I beleive Chelski will not allow us to get him. They will bid silly money for him, if we go in. Although whether they truely want him or are just bidding so no-one else can get him remains to be seen.

It all depends on whether he wants to a move for footballing or cash reasons

Amadeor

Have you heard interviews of Kompany? Have you seen him talk about his future? This boy knows what he wants, and if he'd rather go to Arsenal than Chelsea, he'll tell them to **** off, no matter what Anderlecht says.

The boy is an Arsenal fan, and if we want him, we get him. Fact.

Tegh

Established Member
So there's actually a chance we can get him if we put in a bid? The kid is immense, I'd love to see him at the club. With him and Kolo in the heart of defense, confidence would flow throughout the side. Both Kolo and Vincent are quality on the ball, and can get forward well.

I'm full of expectations this Summer with regards to transfer targets, Kompany, Baptista and Ribery are the three that get my mouth watering, but we also need a decent goalkeeper. I hope we're not let down.

jester

Established Member
Tegh said:
So there's actually a chance we can get him if we put in a bid? The kid is immense, I'd love to see him at the club. With him and Kolo in the heart of defense, confidence would flow throughout the side. Both Kolo and Vincent are quality on the ball, and can get forward well.

I'm full of expectations this Summer with regards to transfer targets, Kompany, Baptista and Ribery are the three that get my mouth watering, but we also need a decent goalkeeper. I hope we're not let down.

we've been hoping for a busy summer for years now, but we've yet to have one. here's hoping thierry pulled Arsène's arm about transfers

sabret00the

Established Member
jester said:
Tegh said:

we've been hoping for a busy summer for years now, but we've yet to have one. here's hoping thierry pulled Arsène's arm about transfers
as opposed to "resign my friend".

sabret00the

Established Member
flash said:
Sabre I'm 50-50 with you on this one. Yes we should go for Kompany, BUT not as a midfielder because I already think Gilberto does that job very well. Yes he gives the ball away sometimes but he is a vital player now, he does a bit of everything, and is especially good in the air. When he's not in the team we miss him. His strengths far outweigh any weaknessess for me.

Another thing is I beleive Chelski will not allow us to get him. They will bid silly money for him, if we go in. Although whether they truely want him or are just bidding so no-one else can get him remains to be seen.

It all depends on whether he wants to a move for footballing or cash reasons
Weaknesses:

Can't pass forwards
Can't dribble through players
Can't win a tackle is he has to stay on his feet
Can't provide presence in midfield
Can't pass fullstop
Can't maintain compsre on the ball in big moments

Now his strengths
One of the best commited tacklers in the world (sliding tacklers)
Good at reading the game and closing down spaces
Defensively he disguises Campbell's ability when it comes to heading

Hmmmm, i'm struggling to see what you mean.

Top Bottom