• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vincent Kompany

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 619
  • Views 14,603

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
when? where? i looked through about 12 pages (6 of the last, 6 in the beginning) and saw one link from October 05 that was in the "rumour Mill" in Oct. and that link doesnt exist anymore...

and Talent, there are other Mods and TMG's that are posting in here regularly, so why should I close it? and I certainly do not need you to tell me my job.... thanks

longrufus

Established Member
USArsenal said:
where recently have we actually been linked with him?

Where recently were we linked to Rosicky? Ribery and Kompany have been linked to Arsenal, in the past, which is good enough for me. Once Wenger identifies a target, he doesnt just forget about him. Not many people argue about the yaya thread, when he has not been linked for some time. Torres the same. So why should there be rules for some, exceptions for others.

Kenji

belgium newspaper "La dernière heure" has written an very interesting article about kompany today

they think that kompany probably won't be sold this summer but this winter, because he didn't play a lot last season and need to be at the top of his form

they also report that kompany will only go to a top european team and he said that he won't join club like real sociedad or athletico de madrid :D
he will only join a club of the top 20 team (so spurds are already out)

and finally anderlecht won't sell him under 15M€

sabret00the

Established Member
Kenji said:
belgium newspaper "La dernière heure" has written an very interesting article about kompany today

they think that kompany probably won't be sold this summer but this winter, because he didn't play a lot last season and need to be at the top of his form

they also report that kompany will only go to a top european team and he said that he won't join club like real sociedad or athletico de madrid :D
he will only join a club of the top 20 team (so spurds are already out)

and finally anderlecht won't sell him under 15M€
€15m seems to hold true to the £10m in which was stated previously, it'll be an interesting summer, hopefully we'll go for him.

KlurgsSporg

if that report is true then £10million is a bargain..

we would need to wrap it up quick before chelski get the check book out i think he could make it as a regular aswell depends on how campbell gets on but we definatly need a new defender...

if campbell stays kompany could be worth it..

but if campbell goes then is he worth the gamble we could really do with abit more expiriance at the back

AlAmer14

I personally think that Arsenal need to strengthen the midfield as especially the DMF position, where we only have 1 established DMF in Gilberto. I don't see flamini really as a holding midfielder but as a very versatile player in the team who can be useful, as we have seen in the CPL. Whereas Alex Song will come good, but not for next season, I've seen him in a couple of games and he really needs to work on his distribution, to loan him out would be a really good option. So this leaves us with the realistic DMF's arsenal could get and were linked with which are either yaya toure or didier zokora. Both very competitive players in the midfield, yaya could be worth 5m and zokora would be worth 10m (not too pricey for the 50m transfer budget Wenger has). Most likely, i think we could get zokora since yaya prefers to stay in Olympiakos. Knowing that zokora plays in the french league and is ivorian, i think his most likely destination is Arsenal.

sabret00the

Established Member
AlAmer14 said:
I personally think that Arsenal need to strengthen the midfield as especially the DMF position, where we only have 1 established DMF in Gilberto. I don't see flamini really as a holding midfielder but as a very versatile player in the team who can be useful, as we have seen in the CPL. Whereas Alex Song will come good, but not for next season, I've seen him in a couple of games and he really needs to work on his distribution, to loan him out would be a really good option. So this leaves us with the realistic DMF's arsenal could get and were linked with which are either yaya toure or didier zokora. Both very competitive players in the midfield, yaya could be worth 5m and zokora would be worth 10m (not too pricey for the 50m transfer budget Wenger has). Most likely, i think we could get zokora since yaya prefers to stay in Olympiakos. Knowing that zokora plays in the french league and is ivorian, i think his most likely destination is Arsenal.
Zokora's an alternative, but not one of my choosing, i guess it's all down to the manager.

Kenji

hambourg is not interested in kompany anymore because they think that his price is too exepensive according to belgium reports

sabret00the

Established Member
Kenji said:
hambourg is not interested in kompany anymore because they think that his price is too exepensive according to belgium reports
so now it's back to him being anyone's gain.

Paddy from Sweden

Chelsea is the team he's been linked to most of the times. Hasn't it even been reported that the Anderlecht chairman met with Kenyon before or after their meetings in the Champions League this season?

Canuck

Established Member
I do remember that. It was rumoured that he was as good as signed for Chelscum, but then the story just dropped away.
So nothing is final.

gooners49

does anyone rate fernando gago the 20 year old holding midfielder at boca juniors, at just 20 he's already a pretty tough strong player, if it wasn't for mascherano he would have been going to thw world cup with the argys, i really see him being alot better then gilberto in 1-3 years

Top Bottom