• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vincent Kompany

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 619
  • Views 14,608

sabret00the

Established Member
maradonad2g said:
gago is fantastic he is very techincally gifted but i think he will go to real madrid for a big sum of money one day
not to mention, we won't get a work permit for him.

longrufus

Established Member
sabret00the said:
maradonad2g said:
gago is fantastic he is very techincally gifted but i think he will go to real madrid for a big sum of money one day

The very reason we set up ties with Celta Vigo. To open up the South American market.

sabret00the

Established Member
longrufus said:
sabret00the said:
maradonad2g said:

The very reason we set up ties with Celta Vigo. To open up the South American market.
That's true, but we don't have the luxary of weighting seasons for a defensive midfielder.

Kenji

More news of Kompany from the newspaper "La dernière heure" :

Anderlecht have a busy summer with all their transfert. They have already transfered 4 players : Cristian Leiva (Atletico Banfield), Rodrigo Biglia (Independiente), Ahmed Hassan (Besiktas) and Jelle Van Damme (Southampton). They want to buy Moubarak Boussoufa, a player from La Gantoise but the fee will rise to 4M€ according to the source.

In fact, Anderlecht have almost used all the transfert money, so if they want to buy more players (a right back, a defensive midfield and a striker), they need to sell.

Christian Wilhelmsson is on his way out of Anderlecht, that is certain. A lot of clubs are following him like spurds, PSG, Nantes, Monaco or Rennes. He'll go for a transfert fee of 4M€. With all this money, the board could buy Moubarak Boussoufa.

But they need to sell Kompany according to the belgium media for completing the others transferts. So his price is now 15M€ but it seems like a fee of 12M€ would be accepted by Anderlercht, even maybe 10M€...

Will Kompany stay another year in Belgium ? Well we'll see this summer

Amadeor

Funny reaction from Ghent supremo Ivan De Witte: "Anderlecht are asking £10m for Kompany, and Boussoufa was the best player in the competition, so why should we accept 4 million euros?"

Honestly, if Anderlecht are asking £10m, they'll never sell him. Come on, £10m for a player that has had a year full of injuries, and that might be a sicknote for the rest of his career?

He is a truly phenomenal talent, but Lyon pulled out because the price was too high. You can get a Squillaci, or even one of the worlds best defenders, Luisao of Benfica, for that kind of money.

Paddy from Sweden

For €10 (maybe even €12m) I'd be ready to take the gamble with Kompany's injuries. If they really are something to be worried about. He's a really really talented player and has be tried and tested in CL so that's out of the way. Plus he could be used at CB and CMF.

longrufus

Established Member
sabret00the said:
longrufus said:
sabret00the said:
maradonad2g said:

That's true, but we don't have the luxary of weighting seasons for a defensive midfielder.

Possibly why we have been linked to Senna, as i see no 'Arsène logic' in buying him. Bit of a fanciful theory, but im an optimist, so ever hopeful.

sabret00the

Established Member
longrufus said:
sabret00the said:
longrufus said:
sabret00the said:
maradonad2g said:

Possibly why we have been linked to Senna, as i see no 'Arsène logic' in buying him. Bit of a fanciful theory, but im an optimist, so ever hopeful.
I'm still hoping that Arsène is considering Kompany, i mean he's a phoenominal intelligent player, he'd slot right in. we converted song, so why not vince?

longrufus

Established Member
Myself included, great talent, at a fair price, however i think in the long run he would be a better at CB. Would give us another option however in midfield from time to time. But to be honest i would much rather have a natural holding midfielder play that role.

sabret00the

Established Member
longrufus said:
Myself included, great talent, at a fair price, however i think in the long run he would be a better at CB. Would give us another option however in midfield from time to time. But to be honest i would much rather have a natural holding midfielder play that role.
Not even Gilberto is a natural holding midfielder though, he's been converted from CD, there's very few actual born holding midfielders around.

longrufus

Established Member
sabret00the said:
longrufus said:
Not even Gilberto is a natural holding midfielder though, he's been converted from CD, there's very few actual born holding midfielders around.

Therein lies the problem. Gilberto is a great player, but has obvious limitations, his passing ability, which stems from his days as a CB. In my opinion most converted CB's will have a similar problem.
The only way it works really well is in a 3 man midfield, as the holding player can get on with his job, without the burden of creativity. In a 2 man midfield however there is much more asked of the same player, which is why i on numerous occasions have asked for a holding style player. In the EPL Alonso is the benchmark followed by Carrick.

burnsjed

Established Member
That said, wasn't Petit a converted CB, yet he had a very sweet left foot when it came to his distribuiton.

longrufus

Established Member
Petit was LB, and full backs are generally better technically on the ball. But he did have one sumptious left peg. Dont get me wrong, there are some defenders with the ability to play a midfield role. But i still think players should play their natural game, which is why i would prefer a natural holding player.

Jkreffer

Established Member
I agree with that actually. But then wasn't Djourou signed as a centre mid? May even have played a Carling Cup game for us there agaisnt Manchester City? Anyone?

burnsjed

Established Member
longrufus said:
Petit was LB, and full backs are generally better technically on the ball. But he did have one sumptious left peg. Dont get me wrong, there are some defenders with the ability to play a midfield role. But i still think players should play their natural game, which is why i would prefer a natural holding player.

I think you will find he played at bothe LB & CB while he was at Monaco, but to be honest I have no idea of how many games he played in either position but I digress!

Out of all the players we are 'linked' with on here anyway, Kompany is the one that excites me enough.
We have enough forwards and wingers, irrespective of if there are better players available, I don't see us bringing in any starter in either of those areas unless someone leaves.

Where as we could deffinately do with a CB given Cygan & Sol (he is just to injury prone) can not be relied on, and if Kompany can give us extra cover in a DM role that would just be perfect.

I have never been Gilberto's biggest fan, infact I think there was a huge degree of 'the Emperor's clothes' regarding his contributions in the past, and given his biggest fans seem to agree now on his limitations, he is a luxury we can ill-afford.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Meatwad said:
funny enough Djourou could probably be an excellent holding midfielder.

i think he is better the CB. he looks good enough to play for arsenal already. i saw him vs italy and he made del piero a fool

regele

Established Member
longrufus said:
sabret00the said:
longrufus said:
sabret00the said:
maradonad2g said:

senna always said that he would like to play in the Premiership as soon as possible and he's currently learning english, the link was probably made up starting from that, I doubt Arsène had any intention of signing him.

Top Bottom