• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vincent Kompany

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 619
  • Views 14,558

the dawn raids

Established Member
Newcastle have been linked with every defender under the sun since Souness he wants 3 defenders in January. Theyve got the cash but I dont see him going there, with the pedigree of other clubs after him.

The kid is looking like he'll be a hell of a player though, wouldnt be dissappointed in the least if it was us that go after him.

JazzG

Established Member
Suppose to be really good isn't he? Never seen him myself but haven't Anderlecht been totally pissed all over in the CL so far?

Arsenal316

I thought Chelsea bought the initial rights to this guy. Besides, he's cup-tied, so he would be of no help to us for the CL.

Mark

Established Member
I've heard mixed things about the guy. Some say he's brilliant some say he's really overrated. I haven't seen him play so that doesn't help, but if all these big clubs are after him then surely it would be worth trying? That's certainly a price we could afford and we need some sort of defender.

KingReyes

Established Member
Highly rated as you can see by the teams linked to him, Wenger has never spent big on a defender especially an 18 year old, of course he never dropped his first team goalkeeper either :wink:

brianfrance

Established Member
I've just read 5 second ago a french website saying inter & anderlecht nearly agreed a deal and mancini saying 'ha has a lot of quality - he would be a good buy-blabla...'

Florida Gooner

brianfrance said:
I've just read 5 second ago a french website saying inter & anderlecht nearly agreed a deal and mancini saying 'ha has a lot of quality - he would be a good buy-blabla...'

Inter sure need a defender or two, at least in Serie A.

A

Anonymous

No we don't need this ****ing crashdummy/MJ lookalike.

If we are linked with him alone it would be sure to irratate me.

We already have his sort in our ranks, and why spend money on another?
He's in the CL so we won't get him. (Hopefully anyway)

Ratinho

Established Member
£8m on an unproven youngster, who's only played in Belgium????

That'd be like us buying Eboue for £8m. No way should we even contemplate entering the race for him at anywhere near this price. Just shows what a bit of hype can do for a players value.

dsurg

He's been quoted as saying he isnt leaving in January as he wants to complete his studies

Never seen him play but been hearing his name for a while...but hang on, I also heard a lot about Mexes and he isnt exactly playing a blinder for Roma or is he?

The Mini

Everyone knows we need decent back-up in the defensive area, this guy is supposed to be a heck of a talent (and he's class on FM2005, but of course this cant be said). Even if hes cup tied, this kind of talent will raise the games of the likes of Cygan and Senderos, who'll know they need to fight they need to fight their way back to the front line.

Sammer

Established Member
I have seen him play and he is incredible. Could have been just that one game (against Germany), but he was outstanding - not only very tough in defending, but his technique and vision was superb.

Besides Cesc, I have never been so impressed with a youngster. But that´s just my view.

It has to be Chelsea though...

the dawn raids

Established Member
yeah im sure even if we attempted anything, Chelsea would come in and double the price or something...bastards. why would he want to ge there though? they cant find enough roles for people the way it is, look at Huth.

patrick42uk

Established Member
in the summer, chelsea were quoted 20 odd million for kompany which put them off. 8 million is a bargain for one who is clearly one one of europe's most talented dfenders. at 18, he already has more cl games than most. if wenger were to move for him, i'm sure it would be a sort of structured deal as it was with reyes i.e the total fee will be dependent on the success of the player at the club.

kompany

no need for Kompany - he aint that good

I think I'll treasure reactions like these in a few years time,
I don't know why people need to react on players whom they barely know, but anyway it's their credibility to play with

as for kompany as a player I heard someone say just recently that what fabregas is in midfield and rooney is upfront, kompany is at the back. And although I do believe there's some room for discussion here , I do think the man had a case:
Kompany has been dominating players like makaay and kluivert since he began playing as a seventeen-year old, that's why he became an international(albeit a belgian international) before his current age of 18.
he has already played 2 cl-campaigns with anderlecht and he excelled in nearly every game.
just a few weeks ago he was invited to play in a world-team for a match against barcelona, cruyff who was the coach of his team and an advisor of barcelona allowed him to play the entire match and tested him in defense and midfield, afterwards cruyff as well as rijkaard were very positive about him.

he's an incredible athlete and he's impressive going forward( that's just one reason why I see him as a midfielder), but on top of that he's also very level-headed and intelligent for his age,and it's the sum of all this that make me say that he's the best defensive prospect I have seen for a long time

*for those who don't buy this, you can always call me biased

patrick42uk

Established Member
apparantly he has said he wont be moving in janaury because he wants to finish is education first. so the 'level-headed' part of your argument seems justified there.

Top Bottom