• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vincent Kompany

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 619
  • Views 14,562

Bigpapa42

Kenji said:
lyon are making a bid if 10M€ + Lamine Diatta for kompany... :evil:

Word is that its already been rejected by Anderlecht. They are holding out for the full 15m they value him at.

Meatwad

arsenal_hleb said:
Meatwad said:
funny enough Djourou could probably be an excellent holding midfielder.

i think he is better the CB. he looks good enough to play for arsenal already. i saw him vs italy and he made del piero a fool
yeah i watched that game and his ball handling and passing skills were definitely on display. he was quite good going forward as well.

sabret00the

Established Member
Meatwad said:
arsenal_hleb said:
Meatwad said:
funny enough Djourou could probably be an excellent holding midfielder.

i think he is better the CB. he looks good enough to play for arsenal already. i saw him vs italy and he made del piero a fool
yeah i watched that game and his ball handling and passing skills were definitely on display. he was quite good going forward as well.
Djourou's always shown the ability to play DM, but he's a centre back in the same mould of Toure, course he could do the job but we know where he's at his best.

Kenji

lyon seems very interested in kompany and chelsea still looks at him

I'm pretty sure now, that Anderlecht will try to sell him this summer

Wisp

djourou is actually converted from a holding man 2 a CB. I think that kompany would be a good investment though...but...for a CB his heading is quite poor and well, this is a premiereship with bolton in it :wink:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
can you talk about player that young as being finished products already? I am sure that tactical wise many players skills gets better or more in tune with positions when they get more experience. I have heard that in the Ajax youth system the draw lotts to which position they will play during games and voila total football and the fact that defenders are very technical. If Djorou now plays CB may be because his skills are superior to the other lads playing CB for the reserves not that his best position is CB or vice versa

sabret00the

Established Member
Wisp said:
djourou is actually converted from a holding man 2 a CB. I think that kompany would be a good investment though...but...for a CB his heading is quite poor and well, this is a premiereship with bolton in it :wink:
converted at what age? i mean didn't he and Senderos partner at the under 17 tourney?

As for Kompany, so is Toure's, if you got an able partner you'll be alright, that said, Vince is perfect for DMC in our style of play.

Kenji

The president of Hambourg Bernd Hoffmann was in Anderlecht yesterday, so I guess he is going to discuss about the tranfert of Kompany.

Hambourg has just sold Van Buyten to Bayern and they want Kompany to replace him. They are ready to offer more than Lyon.

So...Bad news for those who want to see Kompany playing for Arsenal...:(

sabret00the

Established Member
Kenji said:
The president of Hambourg Bernd Hoffmann was in Anderlecht yesterday, so I guess he is going to discuss about the tranfert of Kompany.

Hambourg has just sold Van Buyten to Bayern and they want Kompany to replace him. They are ready to offer more than Lyon.

So...Bad news for those who want to see Kompany playing for Arsenal...:(
ahhh crap, the greatest defensive midfielder (yet to be made) and he's taking the easy option of staying there in his homeland.

Kenji

I just hope that he won't accept to join Hambourg...
I like Hambourg, they have a lot of very good players but they aren't (yet) the top club that Kompany is looking for...

Rocafella

Established Member
I think it's just another way of saying Hamburg, which doesn't make sense as to why Sabre said he would be staying in his home country.

sabret00the

Established Member
Rocafella said:
I think it's just another way of saying Hamburg, which doesn't make sense as to why Sabre said he would be staying in his home country.
yup super duper dufus moment. Blame it on the disappointment ;)

kompany

the fee that is rumoured is 8 mln euro's + extra fees in case of cl qualification and in case they are champions + also a percentage on the next sale, deal of a lifetime for Hamburg
have to say I'm really gutted for obvious reasons, the only positive I can see is that wenger must have good faith in djourou

Amadeor

Anderlecht have shown what wankers they are with the Kompany case.

Wenger tried to sign Kompany in Cesc Style when he was just 16, but he chose to stay at Anderlecht to grow. As a thank you, Anderlecht were asking £20m right from the beginning. Van Holsbeeck even went to Abramovich to talk about Kompany. Talk about being a Russian whore. Anderlecht have been one in this case. Old manager Michel Verschueren would never have stood for it.

Anyway, right from the start, the price has always been dropping. They always wanted to hold on to him and were always crowing that he'd end up at Barcelona/Madrid to try to keep the price high. They didn't want to let him leave last year at £10m, and the result is, that eventually, they have wrecked the dream of a very loyal young footballer, and have wrecked their own transfer fee.

Even this year, Lyon offered more than 8 million euros, but arrogant Anderlecht said they wouldn't go below 15 million. So Lyon didn't follow up on it, got Cris to sign a new deal and got on with it.

Boussoufa should have a look at the way Anderlecht treat their players.

MoBi

Amadeor, nice post

Don't forget what they are doing / did with Baseggio, a couple years ago it was reported that Inter wanted him, and they didn't let him go. Now they're offloading him to Treviso (seria B) and that while Zetterberg just retired and they were searching for a replacement.
Talk about wrecking a footballer's career

Latest posts+

Top Bottom