• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vincent Kompany

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 619
  • Views 14,560

AFCG7

Established Member
From the way he plays, he seems to be a good reader of the game.. technique very good too, i think he could even play defensive midfield if he wanted to.. but i'm still skeptical about the 8 million price tag.. i doubt we'll spend that much on him. .. a 5 million figure is more realistic but i doubt Anderlecht will accpet that.

kompany

actually he has already played as a dm, and it more and more seems that his future role will be that of a midfielder in the desailly mould, he also reminds me of frank rijkaard however
might cost a bit more than 5 million though, but would be good value for money: great back up for defense and midfield at the present and an amazing prospect for the ashburton-days

Sammer

Established Member
kompany said:
actually he has already played as a dm, and it more and more seems that his future role will be that of a midfielder in the desailly mould, he also reminds me of frank rijkaard however
might cost a bit more than 5 million though, but would be good value for money: great back up for defense and midfield at the present and an amazing prospect for the ashburton-days

I can only agree with you, kompany.

The guy is incredible for his age - and definately better than most so-called experienced right-backs.

Problem is: that makes him a target for Roman and probably Real Madrid, but not for Arsenal.

siddharth

Kompany would want regular football which is very unlikely . Senderos is waiting in the wings too. ;) Besides i reckon Arsenal would be the last club young upcoming defenders would chose. Apart from Ashley Cole we don't have any other player who have come through the youth ranks. Toure's reading of the game is not good so i would prefer a top quality CB to replace him. Kompany may have the potential but i'd prefer an established CB.

baccy_man

Established Member
i read in one of the sunday papers that he does not want to go anywhere because he wants to finish his studies. not sure if it was the news of the screws or the sunday mirror

Arjan

baccy_man said:
i read in one of the sunday papers that he does not want to go anywhere because he wants to finish his studies. not sure if it was the news of the screws or the sunday mirror

He doesn't want to leave in january as far as I know, because of his study.

But I also heard that Kompany wants to join Inter Milan.....

AfC_li4nGht

I heard kompany hope a move to premiership, tt leave us & chelsea... Chelsea financial power would be an attraction but Arsenal offer him regular first-team football :angel

Matt

La Gazetta de la Sport said this week that Juventus had offered 6 million euro + Zalayeta or Tudor, chich would make a deal of 10 mio Euro I think.

But Anderlecht' manager Van Holsbeeck said he never had an offer and Kompany would cost at laest 15 mio euro.

I still think he isn't ready for a big team. He still makes too much mistakes. His attacking skills and technique are graet for a defender, but he still must learn a lot on his defensive tasks.

Just look at the fotage of his game with Anderlecht yesterday. A great cross for the second goal, but the goal for Mons (in red) is partly his fault and the chance in the last minut is entirely his fault.

http://www.vtm.be/asx/vtmnieuws/vtmnieuws13uur_Za.asx (GO to the 26 minute 17 seconds). Anderlecht in Blue, Kompany with number 27.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
La Gazetta de la Sport said this week that Juventus had offered 6 million euro + Zalayeta or Tudor, chich would make a deal of 10 mio Euro I think.

But Anderlecht' manager Van Holsbeeck said he never had an offer and Kompany would cost at laest 15 mio euro.

I still think he isn't ready for a big team. He still makes too much mistakes. His attacking skills and technique are graet for a defender, but he still must learn a lot on his defensive tasks.

Just look at the fotage of his game with Anderlecht yesterday. A great cross for the second goal, but the goal for Mons (in red) is partly his fault and the chance in the last minut is entirely his fault.

http://www.vtm.be/asx/vtmnieuws/vtmnieuws13uur_Za.asx (GO to the 26 minute 17 seconds). Anderlecht in Blue, Kompany with number 27.

Exactly. Kompany will probably be great in a few years, but I'm not sure he's what we need at the moment. Someone with more top flight experience would be better. Though Kompany may mature quicker partnering a player like Sol.

asajoseph

Established Member
I don't think Kompany is the answer to our defensive problems YET, but if he's going to move to a big club now, he'll be much harder to get hold of in the future. It's an investment. And it's a smart one. He should DEFINITELY be chased by Arsenal, along with another more immediate option.

Asa

Gurgen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I don't think Kompany is the answer to our defensive problems YET, but if he's going to move to a big club now, he'll be much harder to get hold of in the future. It's an investment. And it's a smart one. He should DEFINITELY be chased by Arsenal, along with another more immediate option.

Asa

Indeed, the longer we wait the more he'll cost. I mean he won't make any more mistakes than Cygan is making already.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
interesting kovacs... everyone else in the free world seems to think he is the biggest thing since sliced bread, including media, fans and scouts alike... you are apparently one of the very few who think he is over-rated as a teenager?? (and playing regular first team footie and excelling at a "big" club such as Anderlecht? ) - yes, i know its the Belgian league, but all the players over there arent crap....

Latest posts+

Top Bottom