• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Virgil van Dijk

Wouterus

MANCHESTER CITY and Arsenal are weighing up bids for £10million-rated Celtic centre-back Virgil van Dijk.

Both clubs have sent scouts to monitor the impressive form of the Dutchman this season.

The Hoops signed van Dijk for just £1.6m from Groningen last summer and have put him on a long deal.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/452577/English-giants-Manchester-City-and-Arsenal-eye-10million-Virgil-van-Dijk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... l-van-Dijk</a>

Apart from a few Champions League matches I haven't watched him this season, but he is a complete defender, physique is impressive, good pace, technique and passing. He still seems to have the occasional lapse of concentration during games though.

I'm not sure it should be van Dijk but it wouldn't hurt to add a young central defender to our squad since our youngest CB is 28.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Only see him in Europe, but Van Djik looks a decent young player. Now, do I want him if he is replacing Vermaelen? No, as another squad option with a plan for the future? Yes, we need a good young CB.

I think Vermaelen is off btw, keeping his mouth shut atm, but I feel he'll ask to move on when the time is right.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I am a regular follower of Celtic and have to say he does have the quality to make it, not sure if he is for us at the minute. He is playing in a much inferior Celtic team compared to last season but has really stood out as their best player by some distance both in Europe and in the SPFL. Very talented, very young, and his missus (google here) would be number one on the Arsenal changing room wall.

He is no Victor Wanyama though who would and still remains a much better fit for us - look at how Southampton are doing without him at present.

Rorz

Established Member
No idea how good this fella is but a young centre back really needs to be a priority in the next transfer window, unless Wenger is banking on Miquel to be good enough for first choice eventually.

Top Bottom