• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Virgil Van Dijk

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I would be happy if someone else reported and not Cross. i don't think we'll buy a center back this summer we have 3 good defenders the system need to change.
I hope you're not referring to Gabriel as the third good defender.

On topic, Virgil is one of my favourite defenders at the moment. He'd be a dream for a formation with three at the back. He's physical, good on the ball seems to organize the defence very well. Him and Cedric always stand out when I've watched Southampton.

Lastly, absolutely no chance as Virgil is a 50-60M player.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope you're not referring to Gabriel as the third good defender.

On topic, Virgil is one of my favourite defenders at the moment. He'd be a dream for a formation with three at the back. He's physical, good on the ball seems to organize the defence very well. Him and Cedric always stand out when I've watched Southampton.

Lastly, absolutely no chance as Virgil is a 50-60M player.
nope i meant Mustafi Kosh and Holding, Gabriel need to be sold quickly. Virgil would take make our defense really more strong but we aren't signing another center back.

Malky

Established Member
We're " looking to hijack the deal from Chelsea"? Chelsea, the super rich club who could financially blow us out the water, be it Transfer fee or players wages???
giphy.gif

Gooner006

I like Van Dijk quite a bit, but hard to see him choosing us over Chelsea. If we're after a Dutch defender, it should be Matthijs de Ligt.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We have on our books, Chambers, Kosh, Mustafi, Holding, Gabriel and Mertesacker. Unless there's news of confirmed departures any tidings of incoming defenders won't be credible.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Malky

Established Member
As I posted above that I can't see us going toe to toe with Chelsea for a £50M CB, I would be delighted if we did sign him. He looked like a player destined for a big club when he was at Celtic.
Like @samshere said, I also wouldn't believe any rumours about defenders until some of ours are have been moved on. Only way this happens if we're going 3 at the back permanently and Chambers/Holding are being loaned out or Chambers/Gabriel are being sold.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

When was the last time Chelsea spent REALLY big money on a player? I don't think Roman is too keen on just giving them bucket loads of money like the old days. I'm pretty sure they're sticking to a budget now.

Anyway, we're not going to sign VvD - Southampton will most likely ask for 40-50M if they sell within the PL.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He always looks like an unintelligent donkey when playing for the Dutch team, but I never see him in the PL. Still, not too excited but I have a biased view (and the Dutch suck).

carlito'sway

Established Member
I think her would be a great addition and would work well in a 3 defense. We could have Sead and Bellerin as wing back.

I would not say no to this deal. Instant upgrade.
We can sell Gab & Chambers!

I would start by selling Gab and Mertesacker.

Back 3 here might actually suit Chambers better. He his very good passer of the ball and would have two other CB to help him out in tricky situations(here is a hope).

Doubt this is happening.

After Wenger has sign new contract there will only be more of Wenger. He will try to keep the squad together with minimum 2 buys, maximum 5 buys if Sanchez and Özil leave. Doubt there is some crazy overhaul coming our way and new system.

I would love for this to happen though. Would show there are sign of better times ahead. It would also make one of my favorite poster happy, at least until the season start! This must happen!

carlito'sway

Established Member
I would start by selling Gab and Mertesacker.

Back 3 here might actually suit Chambers better. He his very good passer of the ball and would have two other CB to help him out in tricky situations(here is a hope).

Holding is a good passer as well though and for my money seems to be a better defender than Chambers. In any case, I am all for VVD.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think her would be a great addition and would work well in a 3 defense. We could have Sead and Bellerin as wing back.

Would Kolasinac work as a wing back? Always thought you needed the mobile, almost winger types tbh.

Not sure how well van Dijk would work in a back 3, need someone who can really command and organise a back line. Someone with a lot of leadership ability, someone who might just be leaving one of our rivals this summer...

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

If we want to switch to a back three we need a left footer in there, haven't got a single one. Van Dijk isn't either and he isn't worth 50M either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom