• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Virgil Van Dijk

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
He always looks like an unintelligent donkey when playing for the Dutch team, but I never see him in the PL. Still, not too excited but I have a biased view (and the Dutch suck).

Needs an organizer next to him, at least for now. He tends to struggle when he's supposed to be the senior defender but he looked like an absolute monster when paired up with Fonte for example.

With his aggressive style I'm not convinced he'd do well alongside Koscielny or Mustafi but he's going to be a top class defender regardless.

If we want to switch to a back three we need a left footer in there, haven't got a single one. Van Dijk isn't either and he isn't worth 50M either.

I remember when Wenger tried to convince fans you need right footed CB and left footed CB in the heat of the defense. Truth is it is not necessary.

No footballer is worth 50 million. But that is the modern world we live in.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Would Kolasinac work as a wing back? Always thought you needed the mobile, almost winger types tbh.

Not sure how well van Dijk would work in a back 3, need someone who can really command and organise a back line. Someone with a lot of leadership ability, someone who might just be leaving one of our rivals this summer...

From what I have seen of him, he seems to have the tools to play as a wing back. Van Dijk next to Kos and Mustafi or Holding may be a good combination. Kos is a pretty good organizer.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's got the physical profile we've desperately needed since Sol. Under a manager with a better track record for drilling defenses I could see him becoming a monster.

ChefMan21

As good as this guy is, I just start thinking with a transfer fee like has been mentioned, is there a slighly lesser player available for a more reasonable fee? A team is a sum of its parts, and a lesser fee might allow us to upgrade other parts of the side. For example, could we get both Rodriguez and Manolas? That would be a real upgrade to our defense, and I think a better upgrade overall.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Needs an organizer next to him, at least for now. He tends to struggle when he's supposed to be the senior defender but he looked like an absolute monster when paired up with Fonte for example.

With his aggressive style I'm not convinced he'd do well alongside Koscielny or Mustafi but he's going to be a top class defender regardless.

I rate de vrij higher from lazio Roma.

ARSNLNO1

I genuinely must be watching a different player to a lot of people. Season on season Van Djik has improved, he's statistically the best defender in the premier league this season. One of the top teams will buy him this summer and we will regret it if we are not at least in the mix.

Zazu

I can't really see Wenger buying another CB this summer tbh.

He's not going to give up on Mustafi or Gabriel this soon, Chambers is coming back from his loan and Holding is hitting form.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
CMs & CBs look great at Southampton its another thing in our free-for-all defensive style. Hope we dont spend the striker money on any more CBs or CMs under Wenger... Just a waste.

Malky

Established Member
I want him but I think he is Chelsea bound.
Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at City. Their defense is shambolic and Kompany can't be relied on. Pep will likely be looking at a long term CB to partner Stones and Van Dijk could be a great option.

trippyhippy

He's not going to give up on Mustafi or Gabriel this soon, Chambers is coming back from his loan and Holding is hitting form.

Why else would Wenger want to sign a 2 year deal when there is so much opposition to doing so other than him genuinely believing that he can go out with a bang? I think he knows the end is approaching and I can see him making Van Dijk one of his transfer targets especially considering how many goals we have leaked in recent weeks.

carlito'sway

Established Member

If I can get VVD, I would happily let Chambers and even Gabs go. I don't even see a future for Chambers at Arsenal. The club should cash out on him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why bother competing with Chelsea it's worth it if we end up in CL but without CL football we have no chance to sign this guy also chelsea will offer double wages.

Latest posts

Top Bottom