• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Virgil Van Dijk

Wilshere10

Transfer would make absolutely no sense even if we were moving to three at the back permanently (we're not under Wenger).

We have 6 CBs at the club which include our club captain and a recent £35m signing.
It wouldn't make sense which is annoying for me, because I think only 1 of our 6 CBs is good enough to be in a title challenging side. One of Per, Gabriel or Mustafi should be sold imo, and considerimg Mustafi is a recent big money signing and Per just got a new contract for some reason, I think Gabriel should be shipped out.

say yes

forum master baiter
It wouldn't make sense which is annoying for me, because I think only 1 of our 6 CBs is good enough to be in a title challenging side. One of Per, Gabriel or Mustafi should be sold imo, and considerimg Mustafi is a recent big money signing and Per just got a new contract for some reason, I think Gabriel should be shipped out.

I'd be fine going into next season with Mustafi/Koscielny/Chambers/Holding as our CBs. None of those players are injury prone and Monreal can cover at CB if needed.

Only one standout but that gives Holding/Chambers a chance to develop. If you're not going to give them a chance then why keep them in the squad? They're not going to improve on the bench.

Mustafi deserves another season as well. Gabriel should be gone and Mertesacker practically is already.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Kosc is getting on so I would say this guy would be the perfect replacement, although I would love to snatch up Toby from Sp**s LOL

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We should be looking at bringing him in asap and have Van Dijk Mustafi and Holding as our three centre backs going forward. Koscielny and Monreal are older and in the decline years one is getting injured more regularly and we should look to shift on Gabriel and Mertesacker.

Bring Chambers back as well allowing him to be in there for 4th choice Cb. Shifting Gibbs on allows Monreal to become back up Wb and Cb. We'd have plenty of rotation options that shouldn't see quality dip too much either. You could start the season with Van Dijk Koscielny Mustafi and rotate Koscielny as needed also.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You want Van Dijk if you can get him. But having a battle for a 60M CB with City doesn't sound too promising to me.

We've not really strongly being linked either, just general type stuff.

blaise

One of the more helpless links. Wenger and 60m defender. Here in 4 at back he d look same as Mustafi and Gabriel, and when 5 at back everybody is already solid. Much bigger needs in midfield and attack. We are not City to spend that kind of money for defender.

Malky

Established Member
One of the more helpless links. Wenger and 60m defender. Here in 4 at back he d look same as Mustafi and Gabriel, and when 5 at back everybody is already solid. Much bigger needs in midfield and attack. We are not City to spend that kind of money for defender.
Get a feeling that Koscielny, Mustafi and Holding will be our 3 starters next season. Holding's made a huge claim for that position, Monreal has also looked impressive at CB. If it wasn't for that then I'd believe we were looking at Van Dijk. But like you said, we're not City and we have bigger issues in midfield and attack. We'll also not rival one of the big spenders for a £50-60M defender.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
if i personally had 100m to spend on signing at arsenal, i wouldnt bother with a CB signing
Koscielny, Mustafi, Holding , Gabriel, Monreal, Kolasinac
A top CB, a couple good ones and the rest are solid options.
Everyone in the fanbase agrees we need a high energy CM, striker and maybe a winger, definately so if Özil/sanchez leave and we keep this formation

But lets say they both stayed. I'd love to see us go for our first choice in both striker and CM, i reckon we could splash 40-45m in both positions. will we actually do? i doubt it

billyf

In terms of numbers we don't seem to need one but none knows Pers condition when he returns and Gabriel is unreliable.

Wilshere10

We have bigger priorities I guess. Still feel we could do with a more physical CB but van Dijk would take up too much of our budget

Latest posts

Top Bottom