• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The 60-65M rumours started at the start of June.

Anyway, we're not linked to a CB or CM so I doubt something is happening.

Diddinho

I love the guy but he was never a fast mover and speed is the first thing that goes. after a year out he played the game of his life in the cup-final

have him around for morale one last year before his coaching days begin but he shouldn't be counted on because that will sour the view
In reality we let a young potential Holding and old Monreal play against Fast strikers like Vardy. Easy cake for him.

Monreal was instrumental yesterday and played really well, even though he had to play in the YOLO of defensive units. More than good enough to play LCB in our system imo. Combine him with Kos and Mustafi, and you are looking at a solid back three.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not sure where people don't think a 60m fee is justified. Better defender and better ball player than Luiz and Stones who ended up in teams fighting for the title.

Not sure who is better than him in the league? In my eyes nobody is and that in itself makes him elite. The best defender in the richest league in the world. Genuinely think people have an axe to grind or some people wouldn't be happy with Ramos at Arsenal.

Prawn Sandwich

Gives you a great starting three; allows you strong cover so you never have to resort to random full backs as the majority of the starting back three; shows long term planning when you know your main centre back is getting on.

That last point is a major one. If you sort out the Koscielny phase-out early, it's not a last minute panic/rush job in two years or whatever and you get the benefit of playing both in the meantime.

karl

Would be a great signing, but you have to wonder in it is more than just personnel. So often you see good players at Arsenal conceding possession in crucial areas of the field and there seems to be no work done on that season after season.

avalonhse

Monreal was instrumental yesterday and played really well, even though he had to play in the YOLO of defensive units. More than good enough to play LCB in our system imo. Combine him with Kos and Mustafi, and you are looking at a solid back three.

In a match conceding 3 goals, Monreal played CB must share some responsibility. Like the 2nd goal, all back 3 and Cech made mistakes.

Mustafi-Kos-Monreal is solid, but Mustafi-Kos-VVD with Monreal backup is a big upggrade to excellent level.

Im pretty sure this will happen: when Mustafi and Kos come back, we play so good that staying in the top table. Then suddenly Mustafi or Kos have 1 month injury in the November-February historic period. And Arsenal fall to 5th position in the end of March.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Mustafi-Kos-Monreal is solid, but Mustafi-Kos-VVD with Monreal backup is a big upggrade to excellent level.

VVD would have to go in the middle. I'm alright with Monreal and Bellerin being our backup defensive options on the bench. Holding and Mertesacker can be backups to the regular 18.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If there's any justice in the world, we sign him for the sake of @bingobob.
If he goes to another team in the league I'll be devestated. Said for years he is the answer to our defensive woes and I want the opportunity to be proven right or wrong.
Cmon Wenger get the cheque book out!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
No links but thread growth highlights the desire and need for an additional defender.
I'll be honest, last night changed my perspective on this. I didn't think a CB was needed but it's clear we can't rely on a youngster like Holding and a semi-retired Mertesacker.

Prawn Sandwich

I'll be honest, last night changed my perspective on this. I didn't think a CB was needed but it's clear we can't rely on a youngster like Holding and a semi-retired Mertesacker.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you with those change in thoughts.

It spooked me into posting lots in this thread!

Reactions: A_G

ClubLevel

I reckon Southampton would settle for a fee plus Chambers on loan for a season or even part exchange. Throw in Jenkinson for free as well.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Not sure where people don't think a 60m fee is justified. Better defender and better ball player than Luiz and Stones who ended up in teams fighting for the title.

Not sure who is better than him in the league? In my eyes nobody is and that in itself makes him elite. The best defender in the richest league in the world. Genuinely think people have an axe to grind or some people wouldn't be happy with Ramos at Arsenal.
I wouldn't be happy with Ramos. He's not a good defender. He's built a career on scoring goals. His tackling is suspect to say the least. He's picked up more red cards than all of our current players combined. What makes Madrid a good team isn't their defensive stability, it's that they'll usually outscore their opponents regardless of how many goals their opponents score.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

£40m and Chambers is the most obvious offer you make.

For everyone but Wenger.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I reckon Southampton would settle for a fee plus Chambers on loan for a season or even part exchange. Throw in Jenkinson for free as well.
Southampton are not going to pay Jenkinson's wages. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom