• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think it is the opposite. Wenger is too good. That's why the board doesn't buy the players the club needs. They expect him to make gold from hay every year. Chelsea losing and Liverpool drawing will only harden their belief that we are fine...
Where this logic crashes, erupts into flames, burns and kills everyone around it is that poor old hard done by Wenger just signed a new contract. Now you would think given that he holds advanced degrees and speaks numerous languages that if what you say is true he would have been smart enough to have only signed a deal contingent on getting the financial backing he needed to be successful. So you want us to believe that an intelligent man just signed up for 2 more years of being denied money to spend? Stop it.

He's got money to spend. He bid a fortune on Mbappe and rather a lot on Lemar. He's doing what he always does when his initial targets don't materialize which is dithering and leaving us short. He's also dealing with the mess that HE made leaving us with so much dead wood that we can't move due to their bloated salaries. A guy who has no money to spend doesn't hand Carl Jenkinson 40k a week or Kieran Gibbs 60k a week. Whatever happens or doesn't between now and the window closing is about his willingness to strengthen, not his ability.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Lol a bit harsh considering it's THIER first season, Wengers had since 13/14 to win a major trophy and has lost out to Leicester in the process

No.
It`s sometimes even easier when you come in and are seen as a fresh wind. Conte showed the way with no better side.

City and ManU did spend tons of money and have been just not good enough. Just not judged with equal measure.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
BT using this graphic yesterday to illustrate how much Liverpool need VVD at set plays. :confused:

GXJ9i88.png

RichieRich

BT using this graphic yesterday to illustrate how much Liverpool need VVD at set plays. :confused:

GXJ9i88.png
Is that not VVD's southampton on top of liverpool on that chart...Listen, players don't improve teams as much as the system does, If VVD comes to arsenal and we still defend set plays same, with everyone just marking zones and lacking bravery to attack the ball, we would still concede as much, we have good CBs but we have a very poor defensive structure

karl

Is that not VVD's southampton on top of liverpool on that chart...Listen, players don't improve teams as much as the system does, If VVD comes to arsenal and we still defend set plays same, with everyone just marking zones and lacking bravery to attack the ball, we would still concede as much, we have good CBs but we have a very poor defensive structure
Very well put, but we also lack height in most of our defenders once Mertesacker retires and I wouldn't complain about more quality coming in.

vantoure

Nicely put, however, the bolded shows there's a human element as well, no?

I agree with the general sentiments though, that it's more about the system than the individual, especially when defending

nick gould

Why not lock it for now. As human beings we can't help click on an active transfer thread only to find that it's wish list stuff.

avalonhse

Why not lock it for now. As human beings we can't help click on an active transfer thread only to find that it's wish list stuff.

Should we close Seri thread too? Any reliable source said Wenger was actually interested in Seri?
Nope. All baseless rumours feeding from media in Seri thread's 40 pages.

2 more weeks and all threads will be closed. So it doesnt matter.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Wenger was in Nice earlier in the summer, that alone is much more to hang a rumour on than this Van Dijk nonsense.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Wenger was in Nice earlier in the summer, that alone is much more to hang a rumour on than this Van Dijk nonsense.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

GXJ9i88.png
In fairness Van Dijk missed like the last three or four months of the season. It would be interesting to know how many set pieces goals were lost while he was out. Until then it's a stat without much context

avalonhse

Wenger and Gazidis were in Nice because you need to fly to Nice first to travel to Monaco. Clearly they are there because of Mbappe and Lemar, they admitted interest themselves. It is an old summer story and they failed both.

Seri story is made up from reporters because he looks like a Wenger-type. Some in Seri thread can not admit this truth: if Wenger had a real interest, Seri had come for a long time ago.

To be fair, while people said we have more than enough number of CBs, same with CM: Xhaka, Coquelin, Wilshere, Elneny, Cazorla, 5 CMs for 2 positions, not to say Ox's interest in CM playing.

I can bet my account on this: unless Arsenal lose some matches or someone above is off, Seri will not come.

CB or CM, very little hope for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom