• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Not really sure why this thread is open as I've yet to see a credible recent (or any) link to the guy...

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I'd give my left testicle for Van Dijk to come here.

Although, good ol'Jonny O'shea is more realistic for us.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I've liked him since his Celtic days, but who would trust him not to go full mong under Wenger? Then by the time Wenger is either sacked or goes in 2019, he'd be worth nothing and the new manager comes in and immediately sells him for a cup of tea and a snickers. I'd sign him and leave him where he is on loan until Wenger goes.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I've liked him since his Celtic days, but who would trust him not to go full mong under Wenger? Then by the time Wenger is either sacked or goes in 2019, he'd be worth nothing and the new manager comes in and immediately sells him for a cup of tea and a snickers. I'd sign him and leave him where he is on loan until Wenger goes.
Can't see it. At Celtic it was basically him and his partner left at the back defending while the rest of the team went full Arsenal attacking. It's why I don't understand anyone who says he needs the structure of Southampton. His game before then was always based on isolation the challenge was could he step up. There is no reason why he can't go back to isolated defending.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Can't see it. At Celtic it was basically him and his partner left at the back defending while the rest of the team went full Arsenal attacking. It's why I don't understand anyone who says he needs the structure of Southampton. His game before then was always based on isolation the challenge was could he step up. There is no reason why he can't go back to isolated defending.
:lol: Gets by on his own. He'll be handy now then.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Big difference being left isolated against some Scottish pub player and the top strikers in the PL. That being said I rate him highly and would love to see him here but chances are slim unfortunately

Impact

Established Member

I get your point but the calibre of attacker he was up against in the SPL is rather lower than he'll face in the PL.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I get your point but the calibre of attacker he was up against in the SPL is rather lower than he'll face in the PL.
I agree. The question was can he step up which he has so I don't see why he cannot revert back to the type of defender he was and defend against the same individuals he has for years in the PL.

Our type of defending is about reading the game and positioning it's why Mertesacker was largely effective but when he positioned himself wrong he got caught out. Van Dijk has shown he can read the game and position himself but unlike Mertesacker he has the recovery pace if he gets it wrong.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Just put 60 million at Southampthon, cannot understand why we are not all over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom