• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
What a coincidence that as soon as bs rag Daily Mail links us to him last night, Dean gets info that we are in for him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There are players in France who were available for small prices yet clubs passed on them, signed more established safer players.

It seems the more money that comes into England makes some clubs lazy in their recruitment.
I don't think it's the money. Well it is but let me explain. Average life cycle of a manager is 18 months what manager is going to gamble on some prospect when the board is giving them money for the finished article?

Wenger is absolutely unique in that a 12 year old boy can be watched by the same manager right through the ranks; At City and others the managers will have changed roughly 4 times in that time frame and not one of them will have a clue who this guy is. Maybe a few loans or kept on as an exciting prospect signs a deal at 18 for four years,new manager comes in immediate results expected, mega stars are brought in and at 22 without a senior game this one time 12 year old kid walks out the door for the last time.

Not necessarily Van Dijk related but in a way it is. Clubs don't need to gamble on potential talent no matter how obvious it is. The top clubs can buy anyone once they are more established.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It won't happen but Sell Chambers and Gabriel and buy Van Dijk. Shift Debuchy and Gibbs aa well and that's his fee covered and wages to throw at Alexis and Özil.

Get me on the board Kroenke...

Divided_Pie

It won't happen but Sell Chambers and Gabriel and buy Van Dijk. Shift Debuchy and Gibbs aa well and that's his fee covered and wages to throw at Alexis and Özil.

Get me on the board Kroenke...
Yep

Mustafi (Holding)
VVD (Per)
Koz (Monreal)

Sorted for the season

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Man City and Liverpool are probably still eyeing him up, even after Liverpools earlier stint with him.

Thomas Lemar will be around 55m and same with virgil, then we've spent about 160m, thats okay in my eyes.
Plus there will be departures that recoup a significant amount of whatever our outlay is.

Batman

CM/CB heavily reliant on outgoings I think. We'd have to get rid of chambers AND another CB to get Van dijk in. Ox to get a CM in I think.
Chambers could easily be loaned out again and Per is semi retired. Lemar is probably going to split time between CM/wide if and when he comes in. I reckon that would be the end of incoming. Look at our current CM options. Santi and Jack can't be counted on. That leaves Ox, Elnenny, Coq, Ramsey and Xhaka for 2 spots. Ramsey is good for a month out with a thigh or hamstring every year. Xhaka will pick up a suspension. Elnenny and Coq are not good enough. Ox is also injury prone. We shouldn't underestimate the importance of having numbers with Europa league to play as well. Those Thursday fixtures are a ***** and we can't rely on winning it to qualify for the CL. We need to be competing on every front possible and there will of course be injuries and dips in form. We need to have quality numbers in the CB and midfield ranks so we aren't left barebones and scraping top 4 to where we have to rely on Europa league to qualify.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Chambers could easily be loaned out again and Per is semi retired. Lemar is probably going to split time between CM/wide if and when he comes in. I reckon that would be the end of incoming. Look at our current CM options. Santi and Jack can't be counted on. That leaves Ox, Elnenny, Coq, Ramsey and Xhaka for 2 spots. Ramsey is good for a month out with a thigh or hamstring every year. Xhaka will pick up a suspension. Elnenny and Coq are not good enough. Ox is also injury prone. We shouldn't underestimate the importance of having numbers with Europa league to play as well. Those Thursday fixtures are a ***** and we can't rely on winning it to qualify for the CL. We need to be competing on every front possible and there will of course be injuries and dips in form.

With Lemar in then our squad is quite large anyway minus the obvious outgoings -

Cech
Ospina
Damien*
Bellerin*
Holding*
Gabriel
Mustafi
Koscielny
Mertesacker
Monreal
Kolasinac
Ox*
Wilshere*
Cazorla
Coquelin*
Elneny
Xhaka
Ramsey*
Lemar
Özil
Welbeck*
Alexis
Giroud
Lacazette
Walcott*

Pretty spot on to what I think it'll be come September 1st. 25 man squad with the obvious outs gone.

Only questionmark is Alexis, if he leaves I do believe Mahrez will come in.

So yeah, until our main squad players leave any rumours are pure hot air and nothing more.

Batman

With Lemar in then our squad is quite large anyway minus the obvious outgoings -

Cech
Ospina
Damien*
Bellerin*
Holding*
Gabriel
Mustafi
Koscielny
Mertesacker
Monreal
Kolasinac
Ox*
Wilshere*
Cazorla
Coquelin*
Elneny
Xhaka
Ramsey*
Lemar
Özil
Welbeck*
Alexis
Giroud
Lacazette
Walcott*

Pretty spot on to what I think it'll be come September 1st. 25 man squad with the obvious outs gone.

Only questionmark is Alexis, if he leaves I do believe Mahrez will come in.

So yeah, until our main squad players leave any rumours are pure hot air and nothing more.
Not a bad thing though. People forget how big Wenger's best squads in the early years were.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not a bad thing though. People forget how big Wenger's best squads in the early years were.

Indeed, you can now see the quality in there with Lacazette and Lemar. Probably too soon to put Lemar in there but I'm confident.

Hopefully van Dijk stays another year then we can go for him next summer after Merte retires! We're guaranteed to sign a CB next summer imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom