• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm a little confused, didn't even notice this thread before, since when are we linked to Van Dijk? o_O

Wilshere1010

Mustafi is obviously extremely underrated by the Arsenal fans because he plays for Arsenal. At the same time, Van Dijk is extremely overrated by the Arsenal fans because he does not play for Arsenal. Our supporters unfortunately works this way. Pathetic.
Who would you rather have starting for Arsenal, van Dijk or Mustafi?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Man coming in here saying Mustafi is better than Van Dijk? :lol:

The only thing Mustafi is better at is distribution. Mustafi dives into tackles, he doesn't stay on his feet which is the sign of poor positional play. He's very 50/50.

Van Dijk is a rolls royce of a CB and quite easily the best in the league along with Toby.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Would take Van Dijk FWIW.

Koscielny entering that stage where he'll probably start to decline, Mustafi hasn't fully convinced, Gabriel's a bit hit and miss and Holding's very young. Put Van Dijk in the centre of our three, put two of those either side of him and we begin to look more solid at the back. I mean it's not a massive priority but it'd be a nice signing.

LacazetteAFC

The only thing Mustafi is better at is distribution. Mustafi dives into tackles, he doesn't stay on his feet which is the sign of poor positional play. He's very 50/50.

Van Dijk is a rolls royce of a CB and quite easily the best in the league along with Toby.

Who's to say he isn't? It's far harder defending a high line with your team high up the pitch at Arsenal than a parked bus at Southampton with 9 of your teammates in your half.

Lovren looked good at Saints at flopped, so did Schneiderlin.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Who's to say he isn't? It's far harder defending a high line with your team high up the pitch at Arsenal than a parked bus at Southampton with 9 of your teammates in your half.

Not having it mate nobody will ever change my opinion on VVD. I've lauded him for years, absolutely love the guy. Think he'll only get better, we should be worried if Liverpool or City sign him.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

Exactly my point....he is a system player,just like aubameyang is....the hype around these players is unreal,as soon as they move away from their system they'll flatter to deceive

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

Mustafi had more clean sheets, more recoveries, won more duels and aerial battles, made more succesful interceptions, had more succesful 50/50s and made more succesful tackles.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Exactly my point....he is a system player,just like aubameyang is....the hype around these players is unreal,as soon as they move away from their system they'll flatter to deceive

Stefan De Vrij would suit our system more then Van Dijk both are very good defenders they have everything you want them to have for CB''s.

lets go dutch all in lads:)?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I wish he was cheaper, like the look of him. Regardless our next CB has to be a tank, sick of these barely 6 foot centre backs we seem to collect.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mustafi had more clean sheets, more recoveries, won more duels and aerial battles, made more succesful interceptions, had more succesful 50/50s and made more succesful tackles.

Every single one of those stats you mentioned are irrelevant considering Van Dijk was out for around 3months+ due to injury.

Wilshere1010

Nothing wrong with using stats but they don't really work when comparing defenders. Van Dijk is not as erratic, stronger, better in the air and most importantly, because this is my biggest problem with Mustafi, his positioning and reading of the game is far better.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Nothing wrong with using stats but they don't really work when comparing defenders. Van Dijk is not as erratic, stronger, better in the air and most importantly, because this is my biggest problem with Mustafi, his positioning and reading of the game is far better.

Mustafi was better in the air during the last season, he also made more succesful interceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom