• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vito Mannone

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Reyes

Of course this Mannion is brought to replace Stack/Taylor....And if he develope well, he may be our next keeper in som few years?!

Just as you know, Kirkland has gone to W.B.A........

timmyg

I've just been asking about Mr Mannone and it would appear that with Atalantas youth team last season he played 24 of their 30 games and they lost only 5, thoughit's unclear whether he played in all of these defeats. They only conceded 12 goals in those 30 games though, so it's possible that of the 6 games he didn't play they lost all 5 and let in 12 goals! :D

arsenal4life said:
and what about Andrea Consigili , we have linked to him in december and who is better

I don't really know what happened with him as we were quite heavily linked with him before the rumors just seemed to dissapear... I'll ask around!

As for how good is he, I don't know as I don't think he got a game last season, being 3rd choice keeper. He's only young too though, 18 years old I gather...

AFCG7

Established Member
I guess this means Stack will be leaving.. i think STack was very close to a first team place until he was charged in that sexual assault case.

KingReyes

Established Member
lee1001 said:
Soler said:
Cerci is the only one I know of who's actually played a serious amount of league football at that age in Italy, other than Casillas. Mannone seems like a young keeper is being bought to replace Taylor/Stack. Throwing a youngster in an at the deep end doesn't sound like a good idea at all.

Taylor...gone
Stack...going

Lehmann...1 year left?
Almunia...just plain crap!!

In the next 24 months we need a quality young keeper and a first team keeper.

Mannone seems to be the young keeper.
Who know's who the keeper for the first team will be.

Completely agree mate. It looks like we are going to lose both Taylor and Stack so we'll need a keeper or two to at least cover the reserve games and other games and the other to be part of the first team. Just because we sign a 17 year old it doesn't mean we won't sign anybody else.

Once again the club are investing for the long term and there is nothing wrong with that.

AFCG7

Established Member
Why is Wenger keeping hold of ALmunia? Is he trying to prove why he bought him from Albacete ? I dont understand it.. Taylor not given a chance and let go to Villa.. it looks like Stack will leave also ( probably for non-footballing reasons) .. and we have still kept hold of Aluminum.

Clarkey

I think you are spot on there with ol' Aluminium, another sign of Wenger's stubborn nature to perservere, who knows he could prove us all wrong again but Manuel as many of us have felt for a while even before we bought him was never right to succeed in the first team, just a pay off for Silvinho. I agree wholeheartedly with the views expressed thus far, and just want to add maybe Michael Jordan (Air should be his nickname if he ever gets near the first team :)) will progress quickly. Howard I think Wenger will cling to a while longer, but again who knows Jordan could grace the scene and never look back. Then he could be another Taylor. Who knows.

arsenal4life

allievi_a_grande.jpg

it seems that he's the guy in the middle of the first row

Haakon

We were linked to this guy ages ago. Atalanta complained to the media of how young players were "stolen" from the youth squads and taken to bigger clubs were many of them would struggle to reach their potential...

No one else rem this? It was on skysports aswell...

jeromelee

whoah he's huge. Looks plenty intimidating as a keeper could look to me. That's what we need. Some mean looking keeper to scare the forwards instead of Lemon who's always getting pushed around like a twig.

gunner_down_under

"bloody well hope something else is too, and no, not his feet... "

and you're hoping for that because........

hey hang on, are you a bloke or a girl?

Clarkey

Haakon said:
We were linked to this guy ages ago. Atalanta complained to the media of how young players were "stolen" from the youth squads and taken to bigger clubs were many of them would struggle to reach their potential...

No one else rem this? It was on skysports aswell...

That was actually Consigli who we were linked to then, hes another young Atlanta goalkeeper.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Thats great, we lose Stack and Taylor and we keep Aluminium and buy an 18 year old?....and it gets worse if you believe the Ricardo rubbish...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom