Vito Mannone

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by asajoseph, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9Reyes

9Reyes New Member

Of course this Mannion is brought to replace Stack/Taylor....And if he develope well, he may be our next keeper in som few years?!

Just as you know, Kirkland has gone to W.B.A........

2. Army of Me

Army of Me New Member Elite

Kirkland get's injured as soon as the ball comes within 6ft of him, so good luck WBA!

3. timmyg

timmyg New Member

I've just been asking about Mr Mannone and it would appear that with Atalantas youth team last season he played 24 of their 30 games and they lost only 5, thoughit's unclear whether he played in all of these defeats. They only conceded 12 goals in those 30 games though, so it's possible that of the 6 games he didn't play they lost all 5 and let in 12 goals! :D

I don't really know what happened with him as we were quite heavily linked with him before the rumors just seemed to dissapear... I'll ask around!

As for how good is he, I don't know as I don't think he got a game last season, being 3rd choice keeper. He's only young too though, 18 years old I gather...

4. AFCG7

AFCG7 New Member Elite

I guess this means Stack will be leaving.. i think STack was very close to a first team place until he was charged in that sexual assault case.

5. KingReyes

KingReyes New Member Trusted

Completely agree mate. It looks like we are going to lose both Taylor and Stack so we'll need a keeper or two to at least cover the reserve games and other games and the other to be part of the first team. Just because we sign a 17 year old it doesn't mean we won't sign anybody else.

Once again the club are investing for the long term and there is nothing wrong with that.

6. AFCG7

AFCG7 New Member Elite

Why is Wenger keeping hold of ALmunia? Is he trying to prove why he bought him from Albacete ? I dont understand it.. Taylor not given a chance and let go to Villa.. it looks like Stack will leave also ( probably for non-footballing reasons) .. and we have still kept hold of Aluminum.

7. Clarkey

Clarkey New Member

I think you are spot on there with ol' Aluminium, another sign of Wenger's stubborn nature to perservere, who knows he could prove us all wrong again but Manuel as many of us have felt for a while even before we bought him was never right to succeed in the first team, just a pay off for Silvinho. I agree wholeheartedly with the views expressed thus far, and just want to add maybe Michael Jordan (Air should be his nickname if he ever gets near the first team :)) will progress quickly. Howard I think Wenger will cling to a while longer, but again who knows Jordan could grace the scene and never look back. Then he could be another Taylor. Who knows.

8. arsenal4life

arsenal4life New Member

[​IMG]

it seems that he's the guy in the middle of the first row

9. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

Good grief, that's an odd looking bunch.

10. Legend#1

Legend#1 New Member Trusted

His arms are HUGE :?

11. gunner_down_under

gunner_down_under New Member

true....his arms look like they could fit three more people between them...

lets welcome DON VITO MANNONE.......

12. Haakon

Haakon New Member

We were linked to this guy ages ago. Atalanta complained to the media of how young players were "stolen" from the youth squads and taken to bigger clubs were many of them would struggle to reach their potential...

No one else rem this? It was on skysports aswell...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bloody well hope something else is too, and no, not his feet... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. jeromelee

jeromelee New Member

whoah he's huge. Looks plenty intimidating as a keeper could look to me. That's what we need. Some mean looking keeper to scare the forwards instead of Lemon who's always getting pushed around like a twig.

15. Jinn

Jinn New Member Elite

I worry about you more and more every day.

16. gunner_down_under

gunner_down_under New Member

"bloody well hope something else is too, and no, not his feet... "

and you're hoping for that because........

hey hang on, are you a bloke or a girl?

17. Clarkey

Clarkey New Member

That was actually Consigli who we were linked to then, hes another young Atlanta goalkeeper.

18. famous no 10

famous no 10 New Member Elite

each to his own and that, got nothing against you being a bit ginger, but, er,

F**k off. :shock:

19. _scorpion_

_scorpion_ New Member

Thats great, we lose Stack and Taylor and we keep Aluminium and buy an 18 year old?....and it gets worse if you believe the Ricardo rubbish...

20. Taozhe

Taozhe New Member Trusted

Oh well - he could be the next best thing since Cech. you'll never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.