• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

volz moving to fulham?

Arsenal316

Andrew said:
I say we either just ignore henry_14's posts or ban him. It's a waste of bandwidth. We all know he isn't and Arsenal supporter. Pires7 was banned for far less than the **** that henry_14 comes up with.

Yes, banning him would be much appreciated. He obviously is not a true Arsenal supporter, as he has said nothing positive about the team, the players, or the coach.

You go ash. :p :D

siddharth

patrick42uk said:

I say never ever believe such speculations until they happen.......

I dont tink volz is better than lauren or kolo toure.

Disagree. Volz is far much much better than Lauren.
Talking abt Toure and volz it's debatable.Toure defends well n is not that threatning going forward(i mean crossing and dribbling) as volz while volz is almost opposite.But one thing is for sure thay have tremendous scope for improvement.
I hope arsenal keep Volz.

Holyshare

Volz performs very well for Fulham, and he is still young and i believe he will be a good player.
If we should sell him with the price not over 3m, why AW wannas Carr.

A

Anonymous

but one has to agree to a certain extent to what henry_14 has said..
fergie's players who came from the YOUTH TEAM Scholes,Beckham,Gary Neville,Darren Fletcher,Phil Nevillie,Nicky Butt,Ryan Giggs,Wesley Brown who are all internationals
where as Wenger to be frank has had only ashley cole from the youth which cannot be compared to the amount Sir Alex has gotten in.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I think Wenger feels we have enough strength in depth at right-back with Lauren, Toure and Hoyte. Trabelsi's also been linked with us but its still a huge shame coz Volz has looked very promising at Fulham.

JazzG

Established Member
I'd be disappointed if Volz left but from what I've seen he is very good in attack but very average in defense. I've seen that lad skinned so many times and I'm concerned about that tbh.

Lauren has been dire this season though, Volz would be better than him, Wenger really shouldn't sell him.

ruud said:
Scholes,Beckham,Gary Neville,Darren Fletcher,Phil Nevillie,Nicky Butt,Ryan Giggs,Wesley Brown

3 of those players are good and the rest are just above average imo.

A

Anonymous

but they have played for their countries and have all come from the youth system

patrick42uk

Established Member
siddharth said:
patrick42uk said:

I say never ever believe such speculations until they happen.......

I dont tink volz is better than lauren or kolo toure.

Disagree. Volz is far much much better than Lauren.
Talking abt Toure and volz it's debatable.Toure defends well n is not that threatning going forward(i mean crossing and dribbling) as volz while volz is almost opposite.But one thing is for sure thay have tremendous scope for improvement.
I hope arsenal keep Volz.

i think you are overating volz. how much of him have you seen? Volz is no where near as good as toure in terms of speed, strength, athletism, attcking and defending. IMO he wont offer anymore than lauren especially if he is better at attacking than defending. lauren is very competent going forward, and i dont think volz is the better attacking player. Volz might be slightly better defensively than lauren, but not significant enough to think he would have dislodged lauren if he had returned to arsenal. Volz would have been fourth choice right back behind lauren toure and hoyte. I am pleased that he has found his level at fulham and wish him all the best.

sienna

We loaned Volz to Fulham to gain experience and Volz himself has said that he wants to come back to Arsenal and forced his way to the first team. Now all of a sudden we are selling him to Fulham without giving him a chance at all? Are we that skint that we have to sell one of our talented youngsters? Looks like Fulham will be the one that will reap the benefit.

A

Anonymous

If he is sold, which looks likely, it is because he is not good enough.

Wenger is no mug, and he obviously doesnt think Voltz is up to it, which is ok by me.

He is not as good as Toure and i personally think he is not as good as Lauren. These as two none natural right backs that have been keeping him out of the team, which doesnt say much for him to be honest.

A

Anonymous

do you honestly think that Lauren is a natural right back..i can't get the idea of him playing Right Back. he isn't good enoug and his defending is shocking.he is and will always remain a right sided midfielder.
if you honestly think Lauren is a good enough replacement for Dixon (who i rated very very highly) then you are really wrong..i'd have volz or toure anyday in front of lauren who can't defend for his life

Sol man

This is a stupid idea to sell volz. I would prefer if Lauren was sold. That would bring in more cash and allow competition between the two youngsters Hoyte and Volz. I hope Arsène does not sell him (volz) but if he does I will back him 100% because I trust his judgement.

Mark

Established Member
I think it's a shame that Volz hasn't really been given a chance here. He's shown what he can do at Fulham and I think he can only get better he's still young. I was hoping he would get a chance. Maybe if we get a lot for him we could have enough to buy Trabelsi or someone.

half-time

i cant see wenger keeping volz.hez already got lauren(*piece of crap*),got toure -who can play asa right-back and centre-back plus his favourite*lol* cygan to deputise at the centre.so volz' future is at fulham.best of luck to him. ~h-t

leongsh

Nothing concrete yet - all speculation right now. When the move is officially confirmed by all parties concerned, i.e. Volz, Arsenal and Fulham, then we'll know.

However, if Volz is sold to Fulham, it would be unfortunate and disappointing as I think he does have a good future at Arsenal.

satan_beckham

Sol man said:
This is a stupid idea to sell volz. I would prefer if Lauren was sold. That would bring in more cash and allow competition between the two youngsters Hoyte and Volz. I hope Arsène does not sell him (volz) but if he does I will back him 100% because I trust his judgement.

nonono,lauren shouldnt be sold he is a good player well maybe not in defence but he will surely be ahead of gilberto in the centre.

Adam

Established Member
Lauren has more dependable distribution, but Volz is a very good tackler - anticipation, agility, aggression and speed in his tackles. He is good against nippy wingers. Not as good as Toure, but we want that man at CB.

siddharth

satan_beckham said:
lauren shouldnt be sold he is a good player well maybe not in defence but he will surely be ahead of gilberto in the centre.

Lauren in the centre I'm not so sure but worth a try.
The only problem is wenger won't think that way.

I think i have finally figured out what type of player gilberto is.
Imo he's a combination of a CB and a defensive midfielder. :wink:

Latest posts

Top Bottom