• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

volz moving to fulham?

Sol man

I would not wwant to see carr here too. If there was a right back that we should go after it is Willy Sagnol of Bayern but I think its best we do not buy and allow hoyte to get a chance

JazzG

Established Member
Toure today was ****ing awesome today. He just runs past players which such ease. His crossing is really improving as well, hardly anyone gets past him as well. He is even more impressive as a RB than he is as our CB!

jc8gooner

I am not sure what to think of Volz now. I reckon that Hoyte might be just as good as him, if not better. Maybe, Wenger sees him as a more long term option. We also have Lauren and Kolo, neither of whom are even close to being classed as old, and are battling for that RB spot. There is even Skulason, who played against Wolves when Hoyte went off injured and he lokked pretty useful there too. If we could get a good price for him, I would be tempted to sell him and thus increase the transfer kitty for the summer and beyond.

lewdikris

Established Member
Volz would be sold if Fulham offered something reasonable for him. No chance in hell of that being 3-4 million. 1.5 maximum, and that's pushing it. He's looked ok for Fulham, good passer, not significantly better a defender than Lauren - and not a patch on the mighty Kolo.

Wenger will have looked at the defence in the last month and realised we aren't conceding goals anymore ... and thought Volz ain't gonna make a good situation any better, so if he can fund the purchase of Kluivert or Yaya Toure, take the cash and run.

GoonerLuke

If Wenger thinks a player is good enough he gives them time with the first team almost immediately. Henry, Vieira, Anelka, Kolo, and Clichy were all thrown into the frying pan early on (with Ashley Cole being an exception to this). But basically, if a player isn't skilled enough to challenge for a place in the team by the time he's 18 or 19, then he doesn't possess the skill/pace Wenger requires.

Wenger obviously has more faith in a small (still developing physically) 18 year old french lad who just joined Arsenal, then he does in a 20 year old german (Captain of the U-21's) who has gone through the Arsenal youth system. Volz may be Fulham material, but he isn't Arsenal material.

Mark

Established Member
toure isn't even a natural RB but he still plays better there than lauren or volz. i don't know where i'd rather he played, i still don't know about cygan, he's played well but for some reason he still worries me when he has the ball or is up against an attacker. i think in the big games it would be better for toure to play CB because i don't know how cygan would handle the likes of van nistelrooy or crespo or someone.

i guess if we got good money for volz, we should sell him because we need a midfielder or a striker more than a defender. we've conceeded the least goals but we haven't scored the most, which is strange considering the attacking players we have, but a striker like kluivert or eto'o or someone is probably the one missing link we need in that department.

it's wenger's decision and whatever he decides is probably for the best. we'll see.

Andrew

Mark said:
toure isn't even a natural RB but he still plays better there than lauren or volz. i don't know where i'd rather he played, i still don't know about cygan, he's played well but for some reason he still worries me when he has the ball or is up against an attacker. i think in the big games it would be better for toure to play CB because i don't know how cygan would handle the likes of van nistelrooy or crespo or someone.

i guess if we got good money for volz, we should sell him because we need a midfielder or a striker more than a defender. we've conceeded the least goals but we haven't scored the most, which is strange considering the attacking players we have, but a striker like kluivert or eto'o or someone is probably the one missing link we need in that department.

it's wenger's decision and whatever he decides is probably for the best. we'll see.

Whenever Cygan was at Lille he consistently had to deal with the likes of Van Nistelrooy in the Champions League. He was by far their best defender and his performances against quality strikers was one of the reasons why Wenger signed him. Cygan is no mug, he is a top defender who we are finally seeing the best of.

And Toure is really a natural in whatever position he plays. Obviously it seems defence is where he's best, but he certainly looks very natural at right back, mixing defence and attack up very well. If we had two (Kolo) Toures then we could play one in central defence and one on the right with no problems. But personally I think he should play on the right because of his attacking instincts. Lauren could then be pushed into midfield and we wouldn't really have any more weak links in defence if Cygan keeps up his fine form.

Mark

Established Member
i know i'm probably being unfair on cygan but i can't help but not feel to confident about him, i don't know why.

Latest posts

Top Bottom