• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45 | ATVO

TomasCR

Established Member
All right kids, we have another game in two days. Looks good really, some of the players need a rest but we can´t afford to give them any at the moment, good times.

I would like to see the same line-up like in yesterday´s game, just with Ramsey in place of Diaby (which is not going to happen) Bendtner in place of Vela and Djourou in for Toure (which is not going to happen as well). Djourou hasn´t played a game a good while now and seeing he was dropped for no reason, give him a green. The same goes for Ramsey, who I think, could find a way how to go trough another wall.

-------------Almunia
Sagna---Galas---Djourou---Clichy
Arshavin--Denilson--Ramsey--Nasri
--------RvP-----Bendtner

Another 0:0 wouldn´t be a surprise for me, but 0:2 is better. Look at the date, 3.3.09, magical. It will be a big game.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Re: W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45

I want to see Bendtner upfront, we need somebody big to win the headers. I would like to see Ramsey play, Diaby/Song are not the players I wan to see. I am not sure if Arshavin will play the full 90.

I predict a 1-0 win to us, I think we might be able to get 1 goal.

Proof

Established Member

The worst scenario would be, Simpson to score an equalizer in the last minute, that would be really devilish :lol:

As I said, this is the game that can put us back on track, if we don't win this one then we/players/Wenger should get used to the idea of finishing outside the top four, especially if Villa will win today. We should add 2 or 3 goals to 'improve WBA's record'. Nasri needs a rest, so, Vela or Ramsey could do his job.

--------------- Almunia ---------------
--- Sagna --- Gallas --- Toure --- Clichy ---
--- Arshavin --- Denilson --- Diaby --- Vela ---
-------------- Van Persie --- Bendtner -----------

progman07

Established Member

I don't even bother too much, something will happen, we might even win, who knows, I will get excited again for 2 hours just to realize for the 100th time they aren't the Arsenal we want. I hope Arshavin gets luckier this time, he is by far the best player in the team, excluding the injured Cesc.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Sorry Tomas! You're too quick and I didn't have the heart to delete it. Through the power of two match threads in one we can make this happen! :p

West%20Brom.png
Vs
Arsenal.png

W.B.A. v Arsenal
Barclays Premier League, The Hawthorns
Tuesday, March 03, 2009, 19:45

League Standing:
W.B.A. 20th: (P) 27 (Home) 5/2/6 18/24 (Away) 1/2/11 6/27 (GD) -27 (Pts.) 22
A.F.C. 5th: (P) 27 (Home) 7/5/2 18/11 (Away) 5/5/3 20/14 (GD) 13 (Pts.) 46

First Meeting: Our first EPL match of the season; we won 1-0 courtesy of a fourth minute strike from our new signing Samir Nasri. We did, however, outshoot W.B.A 24-5

Recent Head-to-head Record:
16/08/2008 Arsenal 1-0 West Brom
15/04/2006 Arsenal 3-1 West Brom
15/10/2005 West Brom 2-1 Arsenal
02/05/2005 West Brom 0-2 Arsenal
20/11/2004 Arsenal 1-1 West Brom
26/12/2002 West Brom 1-2 Arsenal
27/08/2002 Arsenal 5-2 West Brom

Miscellaneous:
- W.B.A.'s top-scorer is their Czech strike Roman Bednar (6)
- January loan signing from Paris St Germain Youssuf Mulumbu (MF), skipper Jonathan Greening (MF), and Danish centre-back Jonas Olsson are all injury doubts
- Our own Jay Simpson is currently on loan to The Baggies - I think he's eligible to play if all parties have agreed to it, but feel free to correct me
- W.B.A. have suffered 'doubles' to Chelsea, Aston V, Man Utd, Newcastle, and Everton; soon, we hope, AFC will be added to that list
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, a mid-week game against the bottom-placed team, which, overall, has kept only 5 clean sheets, has failed to score in 12 EPL games, and, outside of Hull, has conceded the most goals at home, should be a given, right?

Well, considering our recent inability to score anything at all, nothing is certain. This much we do know, we ran out of second chances some chances ago and suffice to say, anything other than a win against W.B.A. (admittedly better at home than away) will be a nice, new shiny nail in a casket that is already being winched lower by the day, by the game. Score, and score early, that's all I have to say.

Go Gunners!!

PS I saw that Sky Sports is showing 'Pool v Sunderland; if anyone knows of the/a channel where it will be shown in the U.K. tell me and I'll (or rather Tomas now will) add it to the title.

TomasCR

Established Member

You mean you can delete my threads Anthony? Phew, how dare you! :)

You could have done it anyway, the first post is a bit dry, I should have put more effort into it, true.

I´m not so sure about Simpson though, I have a weird feeling that I´ve read something about him not being to play agaist Arsenal. We´ll see, it should be somewhere tomorrow, couldn´t find anything about it now.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I can't and I wouldn't delete your thread/posts Tomas. As for Simpson, I'm just not sure either - I feel it's possible now, but I couldn't find anything. No matter, as you say we'll find out soon enough or someone will clarify.

TomasCR

Established Member
In any case, he could cause a few problems if he played. The last time I checked West Brom, he did very well.

As for the TV by the way, I´ve added it into the title. If you or any other will want to know what TV is showing a game, you can always check it on arsenal. com, in the Fixtures and Reports section. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/fixtures-reports" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/fixtures-reports</a>

Most of the games are on ATVO it seems.

Just score a fracking(is that the word?) goal!

IBL

Established Member
Only positive is that its an away game which means a 0-0 is a slightly more acceptable result.

qs

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Most of the games are on ATVO it seems.

Only audio. Apparently the games on Sky Calcio 2, whatever that is.

I predict a score draw.

General

Established Member

West Brom have a terrible defence and it's bound to be an open game. 2-0 to us if we can take our chances.

proof_afc said:
The worst scenario would be, Simpson to score an equalizer in the last minute, that would be really devilish :lol:

Simpson is NOT eligible to play against us. :roll: The rules regarding loan players have been changed for a while now.

progman07

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
Only positive is that its an away game which means a 0-0 is a slightly more acceptable result.
Erm, if you can't beat the last team in the league, you don't deserve to get into the CL. If you can't even score against them, that's a joke.

thegame24

Established Member
We could hardly score against them at home, infact it was first game of season and solidified how **** we would be for the rest of it.

M+D

Established Member
I'd like to see TWO players up front for this game. The West Brom defence is crying out for a hammering if we play at a high tempo.

Something like this would suit me:

--------------- Almunia ---------------
Eboue --- Djourou --- Gallas --- Gibbs
Nasri ---- Song --- Diaby ----- Arshavin
---------- Vela --- Bendtner ----------

Rest a few players ahead of the FA Cup game.

We have almost certainly lost 4th spot and should try a few things - such as playing a striker partnership that works, full backs that can cross etc.
Plus half of these players have a point to prove and are more likely to give it their all.

qs

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
I'd like to see TWO players up front for this game.

They were both poor against Sunderland though. Why reward them with a start?

progman07

Established Member
qs said:
Merida+Denilson said:

You have a point, but then if we dropped all of our bad performing players we wouldn't have 11 players to start. By the way, Vela should get minutes as a striker, not as a winger, because he doesn't know what to do out there, really, while he could score a goal or two, if he got the chances.

Viking

progman07 said:
qs said:
Merida+Denilson said:

You have a point, but then if we dropped all of our bad performing players we wouldn't have 11 players to start. By the way, Vela should get minutes as a striker, not as a winger, because he doesn't know what to do out there, really, while he could score a goal or two, if he got the chances.

Like he did against Sunderland? ;)

M+D

Established Member
qs said:
Merida+Denilson said:

Vela was playing left wing in that game for a start, so that point doesnt really hold up. Whenever Vela and Bendtner have played up front together they have looked dangerous, its definitely worth a try imo.

Through the middle Vela is very dangerous, plays on the last man, clever, sharp movement etc. Meanwhile Bendtner offers a bit of presence, but often drops off the main striker and creates room and chances for his partner. This is why Vela and Eduardo both look great when playing alongside him imo.

Not convinced by the reasoning behind 4-2-3-1 in the EPL, but if we play a front 2 I am not convinced by Bendtner playing with RVP. Therefore for me Vela and Bendtner would get the nod if I was in charge.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom