• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45 | ATVO

progman07

Established Member
Eduardo also missed chances, Viking. It's not black and white, Vela is a very good finisher, even if he missed against Sunderland.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I'd be quite happy if we score from an open play.

Since RvP goal at Everton, we haven't scored in the league yet.
But I agree, that this game is winnable.

I'd say 2-1 for us.
Nasri and RvP

Viking

progman07 said:
Eduardo also missed chances, Viking. It's not black and white, Vela is a very good finisher, even if he missed against Sunderland.

Yeah I know, and I tend to agree with you, Van Persie seems very tired and obviously needs a rest.

IBL

Established Member
progman07 said:
Ice Berg legend said:
Only positive is that its an away game which means a 0-0 is a slightly more acceptable result.
Erm, if you can't beat the last team in the league, you don't deserve to get into the CL. If you can't even score against them, that's a joke.
Right now we cant seem to differentiate between any teams, we're just failing to score from open play against almost anyone...bottom or not.

I reckon we'll either win this 4-0 or it'll end 0-0 again

patrick42uk

Established Member
It would be beyond a joke if we fail to come away with three points from this. West Brom try to play football but they are quite poor in the final third, offensively and defensively.

JazzG

Established Member
Villa's next five games

Man City vs Villa
Villa vs Sp**s
Liverpool vs Villa
Man utd vs Villa
Aston Villa v Everton

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD will these ****s sort their act out and win our next few games. Villa will hopefully drop points and we simply have to take advantage of it now. Stoke have given us a bit of hope, for ****s sake Wenger has to show his quality as a manager and now and ****ing boot get those lazy ****ing ****s up for the run in.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Re: W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45

General said:
West Brom have a terrible defence and it's bound to be an open game. 2-0 to us if we can take our chances.

proof_afc said:
The worst scenario would be, Simpson to score an equalizer in the last minute, that would be really devilish :lol:

Simpson is NOT eligible to play against us. :roll: The rules regarding loan players have been changed for a while now.
agreed.. English rules have been changed (i think 2 seasons now) that automatically say that a loaned player cannot play against his own team.. it works differently for other european leagues and those terms have to be agreed upon, but not between 2 English teams..

Unforgiven

Established Member
The game is going to be fast paced. West Brom will want to keep it on the ground and will not foul and start pushing us around. They will let us play our football. Their defense is useless and they only have Simpson upfront.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
We lost our last trip to Albion right?

Nevertheless, I would play this side...

Almunia
Eboue Gallas Djourou Clichy
Vela Diaby Nasri Arshavin
RVP Bendtner

this is the most attacking side we can put out now.

qs

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
qs said:
Merida+Denilson said:
I'd like to see TWO players up front for this game.

---------- Vela --- Bendtner ----------

They were both poor against Sunderland though. Why reward them with a start?

Vela was playing left wing in that game for a start, so that point doesnt really hold up. Whenever Vela and Bendtner have played up front together they have looked dangerous, its definitely worth a try imo.

Through the middle Vela is very dangerous, plays on the last man, clever, sharp movement etc.

I sort of agree on Vela re: the wing. The point is neither have shown the ability to take on the responsibility so putting them both in without Robin is too big a risk in my eyes.

Merida+Denilson said:
Meanwhile Bendtner offers a bit of presence, but often drops off the main striker and creates room and chances for his partner. This is why Vela and Eduardo both look great when playing alongside him imo.

Thats all very well but these were all in CC games of FA cup games against lower league opposition. Its a different standard in the EPL.

4-4-2 is fine but if we do play it then van Persie has to start.

qs

Established Member
Unforgiven said:
The game is going to be fast paced. West Brom will want to keep it on the ground and will not foul and start pushing us around. They will let us play our football. Their defense is useless and they only have Simpson upfront.

I think they'll sit 10 men behind the ball and hope for another 0-0 TBH.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
West Brom simply don't sit back. They prefer to lose and play their attacking game.

Mowbray always sticks to his attacking principles

asajoseph

Established Member
Clrnc said:
West Brom simply don't sit back. They prefer to lose and play their attacking game.

Mowbray always sticks to his attacking principles

Given that they're bottom of the league, there's probably an ironic lesson there ;)

Gunner4life09

I'll kill myself if we lose. We been getting pretty lucky that Villa have slipped up when we have drew... I know a lot of people say that we will now finish below 4th but I bet everyone doesn't actually believe that deep down, everyone says but still harbour hope. But my hope will die if we don't win this game.

TomasCR

Established Member
I actually think Eboue will start, it´s not like he has earned the place but he did seem to show something in the last two games.

Could he play on the right wing and Arshavin upfront with RvP and then eventually Nic in for Eboue if it doesn´t work?

West Brom are laughable, I´m 100% sure they will go down this year, we simply must beat them. They prefer to lose after all I´ve read somewhere. ;)

progman07

Established Member
It's soo like last year when we couldn't win games in the similar period of the season. We always said 'next game is a must' but it never happened. The team is too weak mentally.

GaelForce22

Established Member
--------Almunia

Sagna---Toure---Gallas---Clichy

Eboue---Diaby---Denilson---Arshavin

-------Van Persie---Bendtner

3-0 Arsenal - Bendtner, Arshavin and Gallas with the goals.

Top Bottom