• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45 | ATVO

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
-----------Almunia----------
Eboue---Toure--Gallas---Clichy
Nasri-Diaby-Denilson-Bendtner
-----------Arsahvin----------
------------Robin------------

True Gooner

Established Member
I have a funny feeling that once we score one or two, the goals will start to flow again.

I think the problems now in the head more than in ability

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Re: W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45

AnthonyG said:
Danish centre-back Jonas Olsson
He's a swede! He ticks all the boxes too. Has two right feet, an obvious lack of creativity and is playing in a relegation threatened team.

He's been good for Brom this year though, apparently, so I suppose it's a good thing that he's probably out.

M+D

Established Member
qs said:
Merida+Denilson said:
Meanwhile Bendtner offers a bit of presence, but often drops off the main striker and creates room and chances for his partner. This is why Vela and Eduardo both look great when playing alongside him imo.

Thats all very well but these were all in CC games of FA cup games against lower league opposition. Its a different standard in the EPL.

4-4-2 is fine but if we do play it then van Persie has to start.

Granted its a different level, but I have seen very little indication that van Persie and Bendtner combine at all well, while I think Vela and bendtner click. Its mostly a gut feeling I suppose, but imo they can do it at EPL level against a defence like WBA's.

I'd rest RVP and bring him on if we need him rather than start him, with a few far more important matches coming up. Although I'm sure RVP will play whatever I think, I just hope its Vela who is alongside him in a proper 4-4-2, or perhaps he could play on the right of that 4-2-3-1 we have played recently, with Vela the central striker and Arshavin in the hole, Nasri left.

ricky1985

Established Member
I'd go with;

--------------Almunia

-----------Toure---Gallas
Sagna----------------------Clichy

----------Diaby---Denilson
Arshavin--------------------Nasri

---------Van Persie
---------------------Vela

4-4-2, with Vela as the furthest forward.

Viking

Klaus Daimler said:
AnthonyG said:
He's a swede! He ticks all the boxes too. Has two right feet, an obvious lack of creativity and is playing in a relegation threatened team.

Don't you dare confuse Danes and Swedes!!11

Anyway, this game could either be a boy or a girl. No idea which, after the last two months I've stopped guessing.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Klaus Daimler said:
AnthonyG said:

He's been good for Brom this year though, apparently, so I suppose it's a good thing that he's probably out.
Whoops! :eek:ops: BBC-misled I believe, I'll double check my sources from now on - promise!

Jameel46

Established Member
-------------------- Almunia --------------------

Eboue ------- Gallas -------- Toure ------ Clichy

------------------------- Denilson --------------
---------------- Diaby --------------------------
--- Arshavin --------------------------- Vela ---

------------------ VP ---------------------------
------------------------- Bendtner --------------

Think Eboue will give us a more direct attacking threat and hopefully he goes back to his old RB days before Wenger didn't even want him as a back-up RB!! Nasri i think needs a bit of a break, Bendtner needs to start cos even though his finishing has sucked he does cause problems for the opposition defence and creates space for VP.

If we had more strikers fit I would've said stick them all in the line-up!!

nazo

Established Member
JazzG said:
Villa's next five games

Man City vs Villa
Villa vs Sp**s
Liverpool vs Villa
Man utd vs Villa
Aston Villa v Everton

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD will these c**nts sort their act out and win our next few games. Villa will hopefully drop points and we simply have to take advantage of it now. Stoke have given us a bit of hope, for f***s sake Wenger has to show his quality as a manager and now and f****g boot get those lazy f****g ****s up for the run in.

stoke just gave us a massive boost. if we don't win against west freaking brom there's no hope. villa will lose at least 6 points from those games. we HAVE to take advantage.

i don't care who plays, as long as we win i don't give a ****. i'll take a 1-0 win from a goal in the last second of the game after 302 deflections.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
West Brom play some good stuff and it will be a shame to see them relegated. Their style of football should make it easy for us to penetrate.

Come on lads, show us your pride!

Jameel46

Established Member
Don Pacifico said:
West Brom play some good stuff and it will be a shame to see them relegated. Their style of football should make it easy for us to penetrate.

think we have to remember that we were unable to score against them for over 80mins after Nasri's goal in the first couple of minutes against them. hopefully Carson has one of his bad days.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
Don Pacifico said:

think we have to remember that we were unable to score against them for over 80mins after Nasri's goal in the first couple of minutes against them. hopefully Carson has one of his bad days.

Oh, that's first day excitement,West Brom aren't going to park the bus because they're a more positive side, and Mowbray was quoted saying that he isn't going to change his style even if it costs them. Not sure if he's bluffing though.

otfgoon

Established Member
Same as the Sunderland game and the Fulham game, goal in the first half hour or we'll start getting desperate, nervous, frustrated and make life really hard for ourselves.

Dont care who starts.

banduan

Established Member
I don't care if we draw again, I've given up on the EPL, I just want us to score and play like the Arsenal again for ****s sake. Gooners have never played just for the win, they've always played for their ****ing pride, regardless whether they're leading the league or scrapping it.

Play with class lads, the class you lost 5 matches ago.

Anzac

Established Member
Mowbray came out pre-season & said that he was a massive fan of AW - his style & maintaining of his principles in regard to his vision.

WBA this season have many of the same issues as us - they play a good possession passing game on the ground & look to try to play the ball out from defence, however they have some issues in their defence as well as issues re the final ball in the attacking 3rd.

Unforgiven

Established Member
I hope Wenger tells the players from now on they need to start taking their chances. When he does this he should keep Eboue our of the room. The Fulham game just showed how we were trying to walk it into the net, as if we were not in a massive need to score a goal. The first goal Nasri scored against Man United showed that any shot can take a few deflections and go in.

patrick42uk

Established Member
JazzG said:
Villa's next five games

Man City vs Villa
Villa vs Sp**s
Liverpool vs Villa
Man utd vs Villa
Aston Villa v Everton

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD will these c**nts sort their act out and win our next few games. Villa will hopefully drop points and we simply have to take advantage of it now. Stoke have given us a bit of hope, for f***s sake Wenger has to show his quality as a manager and now and f****g boot get those lazy f****g ****s up for the run in.

Whats worrying for me is that Wenger is helpless in thi situation. We need luck to get out of this rot.

Arshavin might not start.

General

Established Member
I don’t want to blame Nasri too much as he’s done well for his maiden season. But he’s clearly one of the reasons behind our slow build up and hesitant attacking play. He weaves around offering very little penetration and unfortunately he’s also starting to look exhausted. Like Denilson, he’s played far too many games.

The other issue is playing Vela on the wing. It doesn’t work, especially at a time when he looks low of confidence. Funny how we were made to believe at the start of the season that he was a solely a forward now we cannot bring ourselves to play him there. We’ve witnessed every single one of the problems we are facing now in recent years and I’d like to think that Wenger can resolve the issues sooner rather than later. I personally wouldn’t mind seeing Brom grab the lead. Such a scenario never fails to drag us out of our shells.

Nela

Established Member
With our schedule we need to rest a few players, and I even think doing so can give us a more balanced team.

RvP needs a rest. We can't afford him to pick up any kind of injury right now. And Nasri tends to be invisible away from home, so I would rest him too.

--------------Almunia-------------

--Sagna--Gallas--Djourou--Clichy--

Arsavin---Diaby--Denilson---Gibbs

--------Bentner------Vela---------

-I think left footed Gibbs in front of Clichy can give us added width, another player to win the ball in midfield(which is nececessary if we're going to play a four man midfield with Arshavin), and more direct/quicker attacking play than Nasri's slow weaving runs.

-Bentner plays his best when playing as a second striker with either Eduardo or Vela. Vela has played his best as a striker partnered with Bentner. So the simple thing to do is play them together in their proper positions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom