• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45 | ATVO

banduan

Established Member
Leave Diaby for the Roma match, and please rest Gallas, Nasri and RVP. Is Song available?

Gallas was absolutely knackered against Fulham.

TomasCR

Established Member
Leave these four players and play with who exactly? It´s not like there are players to choose from, it is?

Play with the likes of Gibbs as I saw on the previous page, and you will get the thread "race for the 4th" changed again. We can´t afford to rest players right now, maybe one or two of them but certainly not four.

banduan

Established Member
We have to. We need the CL more than ever, and on the balance of things we can win against Brom with a reduced squad better than we can against Roma.

invisibleman18

Established Member
I don't agree with this idea of resting players for this game so he's OK for that one in our current position. We need to win the games now. And if we don't win games now then there are not going to be any games worth resting anyone for. Forget about Roma until after West Brom.

TomasCR

Established Member
But then, it´s all about what are your priorities. The fact is though that you can´t afford to bet it all on one card, what if we rest the players you mentioned, Everton will go ahead of us and Roma will beat us? That´s why you have to fight on more fronts at the same time.

They can be rested against Burnley. What line-up would you want to play with then Bandy?

invisibleman18

Established Member
In 03/04 Wenger rested players from the FA Cup semi final against United for the Chelsea CL game in midweek. And what happened? We lost to United and then lost to Chelsea anyway. So what turned out to be the point of reducing our chances of winning the United game?

Plan for and give yourself the best chance of winning the first game before you start planning for the 2nd game.

Feet

This will be the first EPL game this season that I won't be able to watch.

Boooo. And there's no MOTD that evening either. Tsk.

We just need a goal, we have everything else - just need to see the net ripple. With that in mind,

Al
Sagna Toure Gallas\Djourou Clichy
Eboue Denilson Nasri Bendtner
RvP Arsharvin

Denilson will have a big responsibility, but against West Brom I think he is disciplined enough to handle it with a bit of help from Nasri.

There's a good case for using Eboue and\or Gibbs as the full backs but I'm not convinced we'll get any better service or crossing from them than we do from Sagna or Clichy and we'll be compromising our defensive stability. They're just as **** at crossing basically.

TomasCR

Established Member
Same here Feet if it can comfort you. Can´t believe the c**nts are showing Sunderland vs Pool. It pisses me off unbelievably.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
First eleven.

Almunia
Sagna
Toure
Djourou
Clichy
Diaby
Nasri
Denilson
Bendtner
Arshavin
RVP

Gallas a rest, he looked exhausted against Fulham.

Think 0-2.

James

Established Member
I'm going to this. It's never a bad trip to the Hawthorns, even if our results in the past have been mixed. As long as Arshavin starts, i really couldn't care who else Wenger fields.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I don't think Arshavin will start this. He looks super dead after 70m mark

Feet

He'll start, count on it. Just a question of where.

I think he needs to be played further up the field next to another striker where he'll get scoring opportunities himself. Since Bendtner and Nasri have failed to find the net playing next to RvP I think we should give Arsh a try there to attempt to break our duck. His quick feet and mind should allow him sight of goal atleast.

Can sub him for Vela mid-way in the second half if he's run out of puff.

qs

Established Member
Resting any of the back 4 in this game would be crazy, no matter how bad some of them were on Saturday they've gone 4 league games without conceding, no need to break that up.

I think resting anyone for a PL game just because theres a cup match at the weekend is crazy TBH.

Galahad

I wouldnt rest players NOW for the CL...CL is in one week, not at the weekend, so rather rest players at the weekend if we want them to be fit for Roma...Though the past told us that resting players can have zero effect...Wenger told us so many times how our players "physically jaded" and "not sharp enough", wether or not he rested them...

I would drop either Toure or Gallas (but more likely Toure) to include Djourou.

I think we will finally overcome our drawing woes and score...I dont believe in Arsenal 1-0 victorys so Im going to say 2-1 for us but I have no clue who is going to score. Maybe even Clichy ^^ WBA are a struggling team, wich isnt always helpful for us but I think it will be this time around and we play away from home wich at the moment might be a real blessing...

kel varnsen

Established Member
banduan said:
We have to. We need the CL more than ever, and on the balance of things we can win against Brom with a reduced squad better than we can against Roma.

i think you are vastly underestimating wba. they played very well against everton on saturday and was unlucky to lose. they dominated much of the match and created plenty of big chances. if you think we, who have not scored a single goal in 4 games, can afford to rest 4 players and still have a good chance of winning tomorrow, then you are delusional.

Asterix

Established Member
Agreed. Put the best team out and try to wrap it up before half time for the second time only this season.

I'd love to win the FA Cup as well mind, but surely we can beat Burnley? Oh hang on, this is the 2009 Arsenal we're talking about. Damn it.

James

Established Member
West Brom are certainly no mugs. They do play some good stuff. It's a shame for them their keeper is useless.

qs

Established Member
Asterix said:
Agreed. Put the best team out and try to wrap it up before half time for the second time only this season.

I'd love to win the FA Cup as well mind, but surely we can beat Burnley? Oh hang on, this is the 2009 Arsenal we're talking about. Damn it.

This is the problem. 4 years ago we could've rested players for WBA and Burnley and been confident.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom