• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45 | ATVO

otfgoon

Established Member
McIntyre said:
If it was a mean spirited post it wasn't directed at the player, but rather at some of the posters on this forum who get completely carried away with singular performances from players. I'm glad Nik scored tonight and won us the game, that's fantastic. But too many people on this forum seem to get over-excited about individual performances and start opening threads about how great they are or how they deserve more credit, like with Diaby the other week against Roma. Let's praise Nik for what he did tonight, but let's not go overboard.

Yes, a thread full of people saying Diaby is full of potential but needs to find consistancy is getting carried away.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
patrick42uk said:
I thought we were s***e. Even in our good patches we were s***e
Yes, yes, we were ****e, W.B.A. were ****e, the game was ****e, the ref was ...; the 3 points, however, were gold.

qs

Established Member
Alfonso said:
But without Gallas just shows how shakey our defence is.

I knew you'd say this I prepared this response. Without Gallas in the team we won.

Anyway the defence only looked shakey in the second half and even then it still looked better than it did against Fulham.

Zico

Established Member
Nela said:
Bendtner and Arshavin worked well together. It's interesting that Bendtner clearly looks better when he's partnerhed with Eduardo, Vela and now Arshavin than Ade or RvP.

Shhh. I suspect my main man Klaus is Wenger in disguise :) . Don't go giving him ideas to sell off Ade and RVP over the summer.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Its funny to see how frustrated Wenger gets. He's been like that for 4 or 5 seasons now. He must obviously love the pain cos he keeps making the same mistakes.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
qs said:
Alfonso said:

I knew you'd say this I prepared this response. Without Gallas in the team we won.

Anyway the defence only looked shakey in the second half and even then it still looked better than it did against Fulham.

By the same token, with Gallas in the team, we kept a clean sheet. Djourou was poor in the first half, and then formed a shaky combination with Song in the second.

qs

Established Member
Alfonso said:
qs said:
Alfonso said:

My Sunday League side could have beaten West Brom tonight.

Well heres a stat for ya, cos we all know stats prove everything right. Our last league win before tonight was against Hull. Central defensive partnership that day: Toure-Djourou.

This of course is 100% down to Gallas and nothing to do with the wins being over promoted teams, ahem.

hackajack

Established Member
McIntyre said:
If it was a mean spirited post it wasn't directed at the player, but rather at some of the posters on this forum who get completely carried away with singular performances from players. I'm glad Nik scored tonight and won us the game, that's fantastic. But too many people on this forum seem to get over-excited about individual performances and start opening threads about how great they are or how they deserve more credit, like with Diaby the other week against Roma. Let's praise Nik for what he did tonight, but let's not go overboard.
Well I'd say the tenor of the forum is to go overboard when we have poor performances and underplay any positive stuff. As your sour post signally demonstrated.

kel varnsen

Established Member
bendtner was excelent today. comfirming his ridiculous inconsistency. sometimes he'll look world class and other times as bad as eboue, who was, btw, **** today.

Alfonso

Established Member
Can we make a request to the authorities to play our games on Tue nights only? We got a tremendous record this season on the second day of the week.

qs

Established Member
A_Gooner_Matata said:
By the same token, with Gallas in the team, we kept a clean sheet. Djourou was poor in the first half, and then formed a shaky combination with Song in the second.

Well we conceded from a free kick. Not like the defence were at fault. TBH I think the biggest difference against us tonight was the amount of balls Song gave away in midfield in the first half.

Djourou wasn't great, this is true but he hasn't played in a month.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
[quote="qs

Well heres a stat for ya, cause we all know stats prove everything right. Our last league win before tonight was against Hull. Central defensive partnership that day: Touré-Djourou.

This of course is 100% down to Gallas and nothing to do with the wins being over promoted teams, ahem.[/quote]

:? Hmm...I still think central defenders should be judged on clean sheets (at least, more than on victories in which we conceded).

TomasCR

Established Member
If only we could be as **** as today and take three points every ****ing time we play against these, Sundeland and Fulham - likes, teams then.

Job done, thanks.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
qs said:
A_Gooner_Matata said:

Well we conceded from a free kick. Not like the defence were at fault. TBH I think the biggest difference against us tonight was the amount of balls Song gave away in midfield in the first half.

Djourou wasn't great, this is true but he hasn't played in a month.

We conceded from a free kick that was poorly given away by your man Djourou. Anyway, it was a good win and I agree that most of our problems stemmed (surprise) from Song and Eboue in midfield. I don't think it should be used as a platform to attack Gallas (especially with his recent clean sheets record).

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Thank God for that, well pleased, I know we could and should have had a lot more but at least we scored some goals...:D

qs

Established Member
A_Gooner_Matata said:
:? Hmm...I still think central defenders should be judged on clean sheets (at least, more than on victories in which we conceded).

A) It was a joke about stats.

B) Our defence should be judged on performance. Just because we'd a clean sheet against Fulham doesn't mean the defence were any less ****.

oasis_gooner

qs said:
Well heres a stat for ya, cause we all know stats prove everything right. Our last league win before tonight was against Hull. Central defensive partnership that day: Touré-Djourou.

This of course is 100% down to Gallas and nothing to do with the wins being over promoted teams, ahem.

What a ridiculous thing to say. So now you're blaming our inability to break down Fulham, Sunderland, West Ham and co. on Gallas? And against Fulham, Gallas held it together despite being exposed by the midfield and Clichy's antics.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom