• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Was the Arsenal fanbase too hard on Giroud - France's all time leading goalscorer?

Were the fans too harsh on Giroud?

• Total voters

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah a few of you really trying to embellish his role at Chelsea there.

I tried to be positive and give him kudos but this thread is just nonsense now.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One of those players like Miroslav Klose who is pretty mid at club level but turns into their national team's Pele at international level. The reason he got so much stick was because he was replacing RvP who was more dynamic, skilful and scored twice as many goals.

That, and the team's level falling off dramatically after he joined.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah a few of you really trying to embellish his role at Chelsea there.

I tried to be positive and give him kudos but this thread is just nonsense now.

Yeah, he's no better as a player than when he was here...no one can get better out of an attacking player than Arsène.

Don't think he even got close to double figures in the Prem after he left us, and don't want to hear about him in 2020s Serie A to be honest (Francis Jeffers however old he is now, could probably bag double figures in that dead league)

Arsenal were the peak of his performances at club level ( probably the worst too, since he started so much :lol: ) good player but not a great one...simple as that.

Bucephalus

If you want to tell me he was the third best striker (behind only Henry and RVP) we've had this century, I'd agree with you. So many goals. So many headers. So many divine flicks that I had to see the replay three times to figure out how the ball ended up in the back of the net.

If you want to tell me he was the worst striker with serious playing time we've had this century, I'd also agree with you. The lack of pace. So many missed sitters.

But if he was available on the cheap (he's not) in the January window, I'd take him in a heartbeat. We're going to see some matches where we're struggling to break a lesser team down, and end up lumping in hopeful crosses. Giroud, or a Giroud-like player who can turn a nothing ball into a goal, would be a lovely 70th minute option to have.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If you want to tell me he was the third best striker (behind only Henry and RVP) we've had this century, I'd agree with you. So many goals. So many headers. So many divine flicks that I had to see the replay three times to figure out how the ball ended up in the back of the net.

If you want to tell me he was the worst striker with serious playing time we've had this century, I'd also agree with you. The lack of pace. So many missed sitters.

But if he was available on the cheap (he's not) in the January window, I'd take him in a heartbeat. We're going to see some matches where we're struggling to break a lesser team down, and end up lumping in hopeful crosses. Giroud, or a Giroud-like player who can turn a nothing ball into a goal, would be a lovely 70th minute option to have.
He wasn’t better than Ade or Auba. Henry - RVP - Ade - Auba - Giroud.

Bucephalus

Longevity (why I don't count Ade or Anelka). And Giroud on a goal scoring streak (and he had them) was very like an Auba streak.

Would you like to see Saka ripping in crosses to Giroud? Would you like to see how much space Saka would have if the opposition had to devote an extra player in the box to deal with one of the best aerial players in the world?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Longevity (why I don't count Ade or Anelka). And Giroud on a goal scoring streak (and he had them) was very like an Auba streak.

Would you like to see Saka ripping in crosses to Giroud? Would you like to see how much space Saka would have if the opposition had to devote an extra player in the box to deal with one of the best aerial players in the world?
Can’t think of anything more horrid than Saka and Giroud. Kill me now.

D

Deleted member 102404

So we're going to ignore the million misses?
He missed less often than Aubameyang and he doesn’t seem to get the same flak.

Giroud is the best striker we’ve had since RVP. Jesus might overtake him if he can up his goal rate.

D

Deleted member 102404

To argue that Auba was better than Giroud is insane.

Goals - Giroud had more
Assists - Giroud had more
Mins per goal - slight ( and only slight) edge to Auba
Mins per assist - Giroud
Hold up play and link play - Giroud
Defensive play - Giroud

I would say Auba had a higher peak at Arsenal, but ther overall career for Arsenal - Giroud wins easily.
Adebayor behind both.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
To argue that Auba was better than Giroud is insane.

Goals - Giroud had more
Assists - Giroud had more
Mins per goal - slight ( and only slight) edge to Auba
Mins per assist - Giroud
Hold up play and link play - Giroud
Defensive play - Giroud

I would say Auba had a higher peak at Arsenal, but ther overall career for Arsenal - Giroud wins easily.
Adebayor behind both.
Giroud played in front prime Özil, Cazorla, Ramsey and Wilshere in settled teams. Auba’s main source of creativity at one point was Kolasinac.

Auba has proven to be a far superior goal scorer throughout his career.

BIoodBrother

Did he win the CL with Chelsea or was he in Italy by that time? I know he took the EL from our hands.
If he wins the WC again with a golden boot instead of zero shots, I think we can agree that we sold one of the all time greats for almost nothing. Also after winning the league with Milan, he should get the ballonD'or.

D

Deleted member 102404

Giroud played in front prime Özil, Cazorla, Ramsey and Wilshere in settled teams. Auba’s main source of creativity at one point was Kolasinac.

Auba has proven to be a far superior goal scorer throughout his career.

TBH I am only interested in what they did for Arsenal.
Career wise Auba has been a better goal scorer at club level for sure.

Top Bottom