Wayne Hennessey

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Asterix, May 29, 2008.

1. Asterix

Asterix New Member Elite

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal/

Apparently has been playing well for Wales and kept 21 clean sheets in the Championship last time out. Not sure we need another promising keeper - just need an established world class one.

He's 6'4" though, which is good.

2. godfather

godfather New Member

Re: Wolves Keeper Wayne Hennessey

for 8m not thanks, we better to spend this money elsewhere.

3. Natnat

Natnat Active Member Elite

Lets give him a chance hopefully we have''anotherDavid Seaman'' safe hands number 2 :)

4. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

Very highly rated young boy. Would be impressed if we got him.

5. 11vanpersie

11vanpersie New Member

Whats wrong with Fabianski as our number 2? Would rather spent £2million more and get Lloris.

6. stuart

stuart New Member Trusted

I've heard some good things about him but unless he was coming in as a new number one then i dont see this happening. Theres no way Wenger would bring in a young goal keeper from the championship to challenge for the premiership .... is there? Im not saying he's not good enough, because i dont know, but that would be taking a massive risk.

7. EMIR8_SOLDIER

EMIR8_SOLDIER New Member

Lloris went to Lyon for just £2million? WTF

8. siddharth

siddharth New Member

Wrong thread , emir8. :lol:

Don't let the 2m amount fool you. I'm pretty sure that it has added clauses and will cost Lyon far more than that. But yeah the 2m fee does look like a smack in the face. What is also shows is how ridiculously inflated the English transfer market is , followed by spain and italy.

9. GUNNERS4L1FE

GUNNERS4L1FE Well-Known Member

I have seen him play a quite few times and he is a very good keeper. But I can't see it happening.

10. longrufus

longrufus New Member Elite

Very good young keeper, i'd be impressed with Wenger if we signed him, however i think (or hope) it would be closer to £5m than £8m. The thing is, its almost impossible to predict how a keeper will develop due to the large mental aspect involved.

11. nazo

nazo New Member Elite

I'm not going to lie. I've never heard of this guy, but however good he is i don't think signing him for 8mil to be 3rd choice makes sense (especially since he's a gk).

12. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

From looking at some Wolves forums it seems he is highly rated but price seems a bit steep for a young player and can we afford to spend that much on someone who isn't proven at the top level?

13. EMIR8_SOLDIER

EMIR8_SOLDIER New Member

I dont think wenger will sign a keeper this summer and that could cost us a trophy or two next year. Hope im wrong but just being brutally honest

14. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Dont think Wenger has the bottle to drop Almunia, we will see I guess

15. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

He has dropped him before, dropped Gilberto, Lehmann and some say even Henry.

16. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Guess so, I just have that feeling about Wenger, where he puts so much faith into a single player that its perhaps doesnt work out as the best for the team. Like Eboue, he just seemed determined for that to work.

17. Pádraig

Pádraig New Member

I reckon we could get Schalke's Manuel Neuer for that price.

18. Asterix

Asterix New Member Elite

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/09/13/chelsea-to-hijack-arsenal-s-move-for-brazilian-midfielder-mineiro-115875-20735337/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -20735337/</a>

Allegedly we are interested again as competition for Manuel. Perhaps they haven't heard of Fabianski.

19. kooldawg

kooldawg New Member

Hard to say whats going on, but the price for this guy is too high, don't really see us spending 8mil on whats going to be 3rd choice Goalkeeper. That is unless Wenger now thinks that Fabianski is not what we need.

20. mindchnger

mindchnger New Member

^Would be hard to justify that reasoning given Fabianski's good display for us in pre-season as well as in the past couple of international level games for Poland.

That being said, I know Wenger prefers big and tall keepers, and this keeper is touted to be 6'6 or thereabouts. Still... it's a lot of money for someone who will likely be 3rd string.