• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loken

DC ‏@DeanLDN22 6m
@GeoffArsenal it's the truth mate. Genuine interest. But I don't want him

Really? Rooney? He's world class but come on, he's a massive tw*t and he's on ridiculous money. This a nothing story.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Gervais said:
20m transfer fee + 200k (pw) wages equates to around 30m tbf.

Geoff claims he was told about Rooney only 6 weeks ago, this 30M things has been going on for much longer.

Sounds like he's creating more hype for himself.

Loken

rich 1990 said:
GDeep said:
What would attract Rooney to Arsenal? .

To be the main man again.

Working under a quality manager now that Fergie has gone?

Join the side which could be on rise? (this works for Chelsea/ City too)

As said, to be the biggest player at the club and return to his favoured position?

Work with Wilshere who he's said in the past he greatly admires? (although we all assumed that would mean Jack would go to Unied.

But this will never, EVER happen.

EDIT: Plus he doesn't get on with Moyes *apparently*, since the bust up about his move to United and the out-of-court settlement on some leaked information or something.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
GDeep said:
What would attract Rooney to Arsenal? We lost our only world class player to his current club ffs.

A change of atmosphere for one, being the 'main man' again for two, and playing quality football (when we get our act together) for three.

Rooney has accomplished A LOT as a footballer, and at 27 years of age he could well be after a new start. IMHO he was forced to stay at Yanited when he handed his transfer request in initially. He was guilt tripped by Fergie in the press and I can imagine the likes of Sir Bobby lecturing him about 'what it means to play for Manchester United'. It also didn't help that he would be the target of a local gang should he move across city...

Anti-Wayne-Rooney-Graffit-001.jpg

:lol:

Rooney in recent years has been shifted to accommodate the likes of Ronaldo, Berbatov, Hernandez and Judas. He's probably sick of it. I think he himself knows that at age 18 he was predicted to be much better than he is now. A move might be good for him. He rates Arsenal too btw, I don't think it's that much of a long shot.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Starting to think Geoff and that dean lad are just making all this **** up as they go along, Geoff is ok for team news, but they're far from reliable when it comes to transfer stuff. People will talk about Geoff and him getting the Monreal transfer right, but it was on radio Marca about half an hour before he tweeted it if I remember correctly..

GDeep™

League is very weak
PSG and Leonardo have been on the scene all season, making comments etc, think there is something going on there.

Dont get your hopes too high lads.

silent_shadow

Established Member
A world class player become available that Wenger rates highly and who plays in a position we need an upgrade. Is it really hard to believe Wenger would show an interest in him?
I'm also with those who think there could be a large appeal for Rooney at Arsenal.
Don't know if Wenger will be able to improve his diet but I doubt that would stop him from trying. But he's on massive wages and ultimately I think that would stop anything from happening.

Also I'm not a big Rooney fan and this won't happen, but he'd improve our team and really send a message out there. I mean I hate the **** in general but he's a massive name. Would put Arsenal on the horizon again.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rooney and Wilshere, the FA should step in and pay for Rooney to join us tbh.

GDeep™

League is very weak
THunter said:
Starting to think Geoff and that dean lad are just making all this **** up as they go along, Geoff is ok for team news, but they're far from reliable when it comes to transfer stuff. People will talk about Geoff and him getting the Monreal thing right, but it was on radio Marca about half an hour before he tweeted it.

They're bum chums too, one makes a big claim then the other backs him up.

mo50

Established Member
THunter said:
Rooney and Wilshere, the FA should step in and pay for Rooney to join us tbh.
Think of the leniency we'd get with the refs. Penalties galore.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
THunter said:
Starting to think Geoff and that dean lad are just making all this **** up as they go along, Geoff is ok for team news, but they're far from reliable when it comes to transfer stuff. People will talk about Geoff and him getting the Monreal thing right, but it was on radio Marca about half an hour before he tweeted it.

No he tweeted before radio marca i remember he tweeted about Monreal in the morning and then radio marca confirm it in afternoon :wink: . am not here to defend geoff but i don't think he will say something he not sure about it. and we are just interested its not a big thing.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Fair enough, though I don't like the way the other supposed ITK lad has jumped to his defence like that, smacks of the two of them making this one up for a bit of attention.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Right now, the top 4 race is much tougher than the race for the title was. Maybe he wants a new challenge! :lol:
It's only interest after all, not in talks or anything.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
here is why rooney might want to move to arsenal:

1. playing in london instead of manchester
2. being the focal point of the attack again, not playing second (or third or fourth) fiddle to anyone
3. wilshere, gibbs, ox, walcott
4. im sure he still respects wenger

reasons why this wont happen

1. i cant see united selling to a "rival" for £20m. rooney can force them to sell, but other teams will come in, and unless hes hellbent on arsenal, then he cant do much
2. he certainly wont be on 200k per week here. of course, if hes desperate to get out of united, and he really wants to come here, he'd obviously take a paycut. but a 50% paycut? seems unlikely

but by all means, lets get this to 100 pages by june 1

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why couldn't Geoff confirm the interest? Why wait till Rooney wants out and is being linked with everyone?

I go along with not naming the 30M guy as we could be in negotiations but why not tell us about the Rooney interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom