• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rooney is a quality player as good as RVP in my view and we can pay whatever transfer fees United put up for him
BUT
who would pay his wages? He earns 200-250k a week

KY

Established Member
I don't want him. Attitude, lifestyle all points to an early end of career. even in past seasons he's only performed on streaks 1/3 of the season and very often becomes a passenger.

ArsenalinCH

KY said:
I don't want him. Attitude, lifestyle all points to an early end of career. even in past seasons he's only performed on streaks 1/3 of the season and very often becomes a passenger.

really? Rooney relies on positioning and precision, not pace. He's got a nasty good pass with a lethal shot. He's the type of player that will still be useful for several years

VancouverCanuck

Very unlikely that Manure will sell him to a domestic "rival".

And I'd much rather we spend big on someone whose best years are not behind him.

Wokich

Everyone's thinking about this wrong. Wayne Rooney doesn't need money. He's loaded.

He's been slagged off, tossed aside by the club that he once led. Thrown to the curb in favor of a stronger, better striker. Once, he thought he was top stuff, now, he's yesterday's news.

True, PSG could offer more money, and Madrid is a bigger club. but there's one thing that Arsenal can offer that none of them can. With Arsenal, Rooney can prove that he's bigger, and better, than RVP.

There's a motive sweeter than honey, more important than money and older than Stone Henge.

Revenge.

glaveror

@ Wokich: that doesn't seem completely unbelievable to me if I'm honest,he could find a big motivation in that.
As for his wages-how much could we save after getting rid of some,if not all,of our fringe players? One Rooney,when fit,ready and motivated,would surely be worth more for our team than a bunch of players who rarely play and even when they do it seems like we're playing with 10 men?

dpt49

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
Rooney is a quality player as good as RVP in my view and we can pay whatever transfer fees United put up for him
BUT
who would pay his wages? He earns 200-250k a week
When we get rid of Bendtner, Chamakh, Squillaci, Mannone, Gervinho and Diaby off our wage bill we can easily afford Rooney's wages.
Saying that, I don't particularly want him here.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Who's going to buy Diaby, Chamak? and sell 7 players to buy one player?
I dont want Rooney for that price we can buy Cavani or Falcao even Ibra, Rooney's not worth it and I dont see us paying anyone that much at least not next season

scytheavatar

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
Who's going to buy Diaby, Chamak? and sell 7 players to buy one player?
I dont want Rooney for that price we can buy Cavani or Falcao even Ibra, Rooney's not worth it and I dont see us paying anyone that much at least not next season

Cavani or Falcao are going to be at least 20 million pounds more expensive than Rooney, but they do have more potential for growth so I would rather have them too.

VancouverCanuck

scytheavatar said:
Cavani or Falcao are going to be at least 20 million pounds more expensive than Rooney, but they do have more potential for growth so I would rather have them too.
We will most likely find out this summer as I foresee all three players on the move. But I can see PSG or Madrid paying just as much for Shrek as the other two.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Wokich said:
Everyone's thinking about this wrong. Wayne Rooney doesn't need money. He's loaded.

He's been slagged off, tossed aside by the club that he once led. Thrown to the curb in favor of a stronger, better striker. Once, he thought he was top stuff, now, he's yesterday's news.

Seems like it's Rooney doing the disrespecting. Acted the **** a few years back too, questioning Ferguson and United.

On this rumour - Rooney to Arsenal?...:lol:.....not in a million years.

baccy_man

Established Member
I would not want to see Rooney coming to us, he quite often gives it the prima donna bit where he thinks he is better than everyone else,
And he also has lulls in the season where he does not do a lot,
He looks like he is in the shadow of RVP now and you can see why he would want to get away from United.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Why on earth does a Utd player who will never seriously be a genuine transfer target for us, thank God, have a thread in his name? Oh, because Goal said we are after him! Sure we are, and we will happily pay £200,000 + per week.

Pointless thread!

evoh_1

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article146210.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/image-2-for-stars-mirror-each-other-on-the-beach-gallery-24047754.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article ... 047754.jpg</a>

This is not the sort of physique that is going have a player playing top level football into his 30s, do you think even if Arsène could afford he fee and wages that he would bother?

(rooney is the sloth in the middle by the way)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Rooney might be too big a personality for our dressing room . If he was a good influence it would be great , but if the opposite were true I don't see anyone of our boys being able to put him into line .

Pure fantasy ,but Rooney and Wilshere together would be a very strong axis.

GG8

Thats one of the only reason why I think Rooney would want to come here.

Every man and his dog knows that Jack is going to be central to England's plans for a long time. Theo has been in the England outfit for a long time and looks like continuing to do so. Add in Alex and Kieran who will be looking to cement a place in the squad come Rio and its easy to see why playing for Arsenal would be beneficial for any England international.

Sure United have Jones, Smalling, Cleverly and Welbeck, but as a an Englnad forward, playing alongside Theo and Jack every week would be a major plus.

evoh_1

Established Member
When exactly did rooney give a shti about playing for england? he has been terrible for years.

What total naff specualtion aroudn this guy who has caused anelka like trouble at one of the biggest clubs in europe, hardly the sort you want to bring in on huge wages and fee as a club like arsenal that doesn't naturally do those things.

caldeltatrojan

Did people see this yet? <a class="postlink" href="http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/50044919217/arsenal-sign-most-lucrative-contract-in-british-soccer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/50044919 ... ish-soccer</a>

46M GBP a year for our new kit deal? That's where you afford these huge wages. And yes, there might be interest from other places like Madrid or PSG but as we found out with Judas, the only thing that really matters is if a player has his mind set on a particular club. If Rooney is set on Arsenal, I can see this happening. As others have said, this makes sense for a lot of reasons.

I also love how folks on the transfer forum can find fault with any link lol

would be over the moon if we brought in a player like Rooney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom