• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What is the issue with Kagawa at Utd. Injuries or just doesn't suit the system? Seems odd that no team has put a bid in for him yet.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Waste of a good player that is. It's a shame for football fans that there are so many great players being wasted sitting on benches from the top clubs stockpiling talent.

thedon5

He probably still does wonders for their shirt sales though, he has value there. Part of the reason why I think an entire season of him sitting on the bench could work for them.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Kagawa should have come here would have been nurtured and got the game time. Still we got a better player in Santi we may not have gone for with Kagawa

Pea-Tear-Griffin

Sydney Gooner said:
He disrespected Yanited by coming out and saying he wants to go back to Dortmund.
No he didn't:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8848210/man-utd-star-shinji-kagawa-has-rejected-a-move-back-to-borussia-dortmund" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... a-dortmund</a>

Anzac

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Kagawa should have come here would have been nurtured and got the game time. Still we got a better player in Santi we may not have gone for with Kagawa

I know he's a light weight but I'd be tempted to play Kagawa as B2B with Arteta & Cazorla, as IMO his dynamic style would open spaces for Cazorla to exploit.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Arsenal are preparing to table an audacious bid for Wayne Rooney later this week, Goal can reveal.

The Gunners have privately been given encouragement that Manchester United could be willing to sell them England’s talisman in the last week of the window despite their public insistence that he is not for sale at any price.

Goal understands that United are now determined not to sell Rooney to Chelsea, whose manager Jose Mourinho has given the striker until Wednesday at the latest to force through a move to Stamford Bridge.
However, the Premier League champions are believed to be open to a £25 million-plus offer for the player from Arsenal, who they do not regard as a fellow title challenger.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/27/4216642/-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... /4216642/-</a>?

25M for rooney, eh? wayne veysey would never tell a lie

burnsjed

Established Member
Nope he wouldn't this one is in the bag!

Just need to return my Higuain, Suarez and Gustavo shirts, and get my Rooney

MDGoonah41

Established Member
for me, this link actually makes more sense than benzema and suarez did.

wenger obviously is developing the "british core" and those players, especially wilshere, love rooney. not to mention his actual ability, and the fact that he is very unhappy at his club and wants out, and he doesnt seem like the type who would want to go abroad.

he would fit in leading the line, obviously, but he can also play behind the striker and we could shift cazorla wide if needed to give a different look. i get the feeling that united would rather sell him than keep him if hes going to sulk and be unhappy. but of course they dont want to sell to chelsea. he wont hand in a transfer request, but i think if we made a serious offer, they would at least consider it.

Loken

If I hear the words 'preparing a bid', 'readying a bid' or 'planning an audacious bid' I think I'll lose my mind.

I need a break from this window, maybe I'll check back on the BBC after tonight's result (if we go through).

Can't see Rooney leaving after last night's performance and the crowd's support to him, he seemed to revel in their appreciation and looked entirely at home there.

It must count for something that they would reportadly not sell to Chelsea but would consider an offer from us if nothing came from abroad.

KyleHyde

They probably wont accept any offer for now, but when the winter transfer arrives and things still hasn't settled with him there. He's pretty much ours for the taking.

burnsjed

Established Member
He does seem a more likely purchase than Suarez & Benzema, and I agree, he would work well for us.
Don't think it will happen mind, but if he forces his way out, Man U will clearly rather sell to us than the chavs

cannonade

Established Member
*Commentator during Arsenal game said Rooney would not be sold to Chelsea.

Moyes will give Rooney 2 days to sort out his future.

An opening?

*It was on the ticker running beneath the game, to be specific.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
we're going to spend 115M in 2 days

rooney - 30m
di maria - 30m
mata - 40m
cabaye - 15m

all should be in the squad for the spuds match

Chappers

MDGoonah41 said:
we're going to spend 115M in 2 days

rooney - 30m
di maria - 30m
mata - 40m
cabaye - 15m

all should be in the squad for the spuds match

I approve of this!

We don't really need Mata so 10m recouped in the summer would equal 65m net spend. Fecktastic deals.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
Sydney Gooner said:
He disrespected Yanited by coming out and saying he wants to go back to Dortmund.
No he didn't:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8848210/man-utd-star-shinji-kagawa-has-rejected-a-move-back-to-borussia-dortmund" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... a-dortmund</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I recall correctly, Kagawa said he'd like to move back to Dortmund in the near future. That might be what Sydney means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom