Wayne Rooney

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Sydney Gooner, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

What is the issue with Kagawa at Utd. Injuries or just doesn't suit the system? Seems odd that no team has put a bid in for him yet.

2. Sydney Gooner

Sydney Gooner New Member

He disrespected Yanited by coming out and saying he wants to go back to Dortmund.

3. goonerwarsh

goonerwarsh Well-Known Member Trusted

Waste of a good player that is. It's a shame for football fans that there are so many great players being wasted sitting on benches from the top clubs stockpiling talent.

4. thedon5

thedon5 New Member

He probably still does wonders for their shirt sales though, he has value there. Part of the reason why I think an entire season of him sitting on the bench could work for them.

5. ArsenesNO1Fan

ArsenesNO1Fan Well-Known Member

Kagawa should have come here would have been nurtured and got the game time. Still we got a better player in Santi we may not have gone for with Kagawa

6. Pea-Tear-Griffin

Pea-Tear-Griffin New Member

No he didn't:
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8848210/man-utd-star-shinji-kagawa-has-rejected-a-move-back-to-borussia-dortmund" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... a-dortmund</a>

7. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

I know he's a light weight but I'd be tempted to play Kagawa as B2B with Arteta & Cazorla, as IMO his dynamic style would open spaces for Cazorla to exploit.

8. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/27/4216642/-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... /4216642/-</a>?

25M for rooney, eh? wayne veysey would never tell a lie

9. burnsjed

burnsjed Well-Known Member

Nope he wouldn't this one is in the bag!

Just need to return my Higuain, Suarez and Gustavo shirts, and get my Rooney

10. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

for me, this link actually makes more sense than benzema and suarez did.

wenger obviously is developing the "british core" and those players, especially wilshere, love rooney. not to mention his actual ability, and the fact that he is very unhappy at his club and wants out, and he doesnt seem like the type who would want to go abroad.

he would fit in leading the line, obviously, but he can also play behind the striker and we could shift cazorla wide if needed to give a different look. i get the feeling that united would rather sell him than keep him if hes going to sulk and be unhappy. but of course they dont want to sell to chelsea. he wont hand in a transfer request, but i think if we made a serious offer, they would at least consider it.

11. Loken

Loken Well-Known Member

If I hear the words 'preparing a bid', 'readying a bid' or 'planning an audacious bid' I think I'll lose my mind.

I need a break from this window, maybe I'll check back on the BBC after tonight's result (if we go through).

Can't see Rooney leaving after last night's performance and the crowd's support to him, he seemed to revel in their appreciation and looked entirely at home there.

It must count for something that they would reportadly not sell to Chelsea but would consider an offer from us if nothing came from abroad.

12. KyleHyde

KyleHyde New Member

They probably wont accept any offer for now, but when the winter transfer arrives and things still hasn't settled with him there. He's pretty much ours for the taking.

13. burnsjed

He does seem a more likely purchase than Suarez & Benzema, and I agree, he would work well for us.
    Don't think it will happen mind, but if he forces his way out, Man U will clearly rather sell to us than the chavs

14. cannonade

cannonade Well-Known Member

*Commentator during Arsenal game said Rooney would not be sold to Chelsea.

Moyes will give Rooney 2 days to sort out his future.

An opening?

*It was on the ticker running beneath the game, to be specific.

15. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

we're going to spend 115M in 2 days

rooney - 30m
    di maria - 30m
    mata - 40m
    cabaye - 15m

all should be in the squad for the spuds match

16. Chappers

Chappers Active Member

I approve of this!

We don't really need Mata so 10m recouped in the summer would equal 65m net spend. Fecktastic deals.

17. Bourne

Bourne New Member

Özil instead of Cabaye.

18. Bigbludfire

Bigbludfire Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, Kagawa said he'd like to move back to Dortmund in the near future. That might be what Sydney means

19. burnsjed

I need Wayne Rooney's agent to negotiate my next contract!!
    He is the king without doubt!

20. Bigbludfire

Bigbludfire Well-Known Member

If he agrees a new contract and stays with Manure I'll hate him even more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.