• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

We are not a one-man team, says Arsène Wenger

Henry's Girl

link

Understandably, the free-scoring Thierry Henry is in the headlines at the moment. But Arsène Wenger believes Arsenal's fine form is down to more than one man.

"Everybody is talking about Thierry now," the manager told Arsenal.com, "but there are other players who have done well.

"Ashley Cole, for example, had an outstanding game against Martins at Inter Milan and doesn't get the praise he deserves because his place was taken by somebody else against Wolves. But it is very important to point this out."

The 5-1 victory at the San Siro was surely the highlight of the season so far and, although Henry's two goals took the plaudits, Wenger believes Cole's job was just as important.

"The news we had was Martins would not play," said the manager. "When we got in the dressing room and found out he was playing everyone was very concerned. Certainly one of the keys of the game was how Ashley kept Martins out of the game."

A

Anonymous

henrysgirl said:
"Ashley Cole, for example, had an outstanding game against Martins at Inter Milan and doesn't get the praise he deserves because his place was taken by somebody else against Wolves. But it is very important to point this out."

Does this make sense?

A

Anonymous

Arsenal are definitly a one man team. the sooner wenger relaizes this the better

Lukazan

Established Member
We ain't a one man team, but we do need some more players, and definitely another striker.

thegame24

Established Member
one man team?

cole
kolo
campbell
vieira
pires
bergkamp
kanu
ljungberg
wiltord
gilberto

still a one man team?

quattro

here we go again with "we are relying on henry too much and if he gets injured we are sunk" argument....

i dont see henry doing tackles and defensive chores and thats half of the job that it takes to win a football match... oh yeah, its because somebody else does that. :roll:

jeremiesgirl

we aren't a one man team, sure enough Henry is an exceptional player and yes he does create and score a lot of our chances but we have lots of other great players in our squad who are more than capable - we are lucky to have such a talented lot to choose from :)

Guns and Arses

I don't think that we rely on Henry too much. Don't you remember how we whack the mancs' asses in the FA Cup last season? Henry only played in the last 5 minutes. The media has nothing better to say about Arsenal.

Let Henry be the pin up boy. It reminds me of Braith Anasta at the bulldogs (rugby league team). The media will always have their favourites, and I think that it can be a good thing as it takes pressure off other players, allowing them to do their jobs without constantly being under the microscope. Henry is probably our best player but I think any fair dinkum human can see we have much, much more to offer then one striker. If it was souly Henry that won us 3 of the last 4 major domestic titles then he is the son of god.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
We are not a 'one man team' but i do think that without Thierry we would suffer a little bit. We do have other players that can score goals and players who can provide goal opptunities.

Remember it does take 11 players to make a team and that the other players play their hearts out too, to make sure we dont concede goals and make sure that we score goals.

There is no I in TEAM and thats what we are a team.

Kyla

satan- that's a pretty depressing statement you make but sadly there is a stark truth to it. We lacked so much creativity against Leicester. If Cole didn't take the headlines for his reckless tackle, then our ineptudies w/t our talisman striker would not have been overshadowed. I hope Wenger really does address the problem come January. Ok, so we will never find another Henry (Ali is not ready for big prem games unfortunately) but somebody of that ilk is necessary to give us an added dimension. I think it's easy to put sat's game down as a one-off coz quite frankly there was little football from either side, but nonetheless you still expect a team like us to make our quality show and we didn't- why? Is Thierry's the only geniune quality we have. I won't even contemplate that thought or else I'll just lull myself into further anxiety. But I don't want to lull myself into a false sense of security either- for the most part we are a one man team. If Thierry is not on the pitch on Wednesday for Loko we might as well consider ourselves a man down- Loko will more than fancy their chances. Is elimination nigh?

Adam

Established Member
We can get results, but of course when a player like Thierry is missing, the champagne football is not up to usual standard. But the most important thing is that we can get results. Yesterday, we were one minute away from doing so.

Kyla

I accept that Ashely's sending off upped Leiceter's game but you'd still expect for us to hold on, irrespective of being a man short. Aren't we supposedly better with 10 men? Yes, there equaliser was fortunate but our first half perfromance was abysmall. We should never be in a frame of mind to think "if only Thierry had played" b/c there was surely enough there to grab the second goal.

A

Anonymous

of course we are a one man team.

without henry no goals , no assists.

wenger and most of you guys need glasses.

it is good that henry wants to stay, but he should get realistic and should consider his options he he wants to win the CL , as we have no chance until he gets a partner up front

all great teams have two strikers. who have we got?

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom