• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

We are not a one-man team, says Arsène Wenger

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
You will never find an ideal replacement for Henry but I believe Eto'o is as close as you can come. In an ideal world Wenger would love to rest Henry now and again but he can't coz he hasn't got a ready made replacement for him. Hopefully Wenger will find a decent solution during the transfer window.

Adam

Established Member
I would have thought a players like Martins, Cisse and Drogba (with incredible pace and athleticism) but also have decent technical ability, would be the nearest to the solution. Afterall, it is Henry's movement we would need and the other players such as Bergkamp would feed them.

A

Anonymous

Adam said:
I would have thought a players like Martins, Cisse and Drogba (with incredible pace and athleticism) but also have decent technical ability, would be the nearest to the solution. Afterall, it is Henry's movement we would need and the other players such as Bergkamp would feed them.

I forgot about Martins, that would be great, but no chance.
Cisse i dont rate and havent seen enough of Drogba. The Frence league is also not the greatest.

A player who can hold the ball up and win headers is what i would like to see.

Kyla

Sol is right. it is a worry- People say if Theirry was out for a long while we would COPE but that's hardly a comfort is it? We ought to have players who can take over Thierry's mantle with ease and make his absence HARDLY felt!

JazzG

Established Member
Kyla said:
We ought to have players who can take over Thierry's mantle with ease and make his absence HARDLY felt!

We don't have the money for that :?

Adam

Established Member
Kyla said:
Sol is right. it is a worry- People say if Theirry was out for a long while we would COPE but that's hardly a comfort is it? We ought to have players who can take over Thierry's mantle with ease and make his absence HARDLY felt!

Kyla you worry too much aswell. I will have to start a depressed anonymous section on here!

Making a supposed world player of the year's absence "hardly felt" would be the work of something divine.

A

Anonymous

Kyla said:

We cant replace Henry.
We just need somebody who can do a better job at trying to replace him than Wiltord and Ali.

Adam

Established Member
Sol said:
Kyla said:

We cant replace Henry.
We just need somebody who can do a better job at trying to replace him than Wiltord and Ali.

Then we would need a world class player who is similar to Henry. There are issues with this if we are going to bring somebody in. Primarily, would this player be able to play with Henry aswell? This player if he is good enough would want to play week in week out, have you thought about this?

Wenger say's anyone can play with Henry. Yes to an extent, but certain players maximise Henry's capabilities at the same time as adding their own difference to the team. That is the true meaning in an attacking partnership.

Bergkamp.

Kyla

Hey, I've already accepted that you can't replace the irreplacable, but when you consider that there are players on the market who can make difference (varying financial implications)- Smith, Kliuvert, Eto'o, then there wouldn't be a need to draw on "divine" interventions to help us out.

Kyla

JazzG said:
Can we afford Eto'o?

Kluivert is in poor form and european cup tied

Re Eto'o- Hence why I have said "varying financial implications." We've more or less accepted that our financial straits are likely to have been overexaggerated by sections of the media, and even by members of AFC themselves.

As for Kluivert- he's an established striker who is having a rough time of it. I'm not sure he would be the best option tbh, and I don't agree with buying players for the sake of buying them, but he is still an OPTION nevertheless.

thegame24

Established Member
kluivert is brilliant hes just been lazy recently cause hes bored with barca.

barca most have some of the best players but the management is too dumb to know how to use them

Kluivert
Saviola
Riquelme (out on loan i think)
Overmars (OMG still class)
Ronaldinho
Quaresma

amazing attack and they are willing to sell overmrs and kluivert!!!1

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I think its pointless guessing whether or not we have money to spend on new players. Wenger's worked miracles in the past and will do so again!

Adam

Established Member
The most encouraging thing is the way he hasn't been out much through injury at all for us. Because afterall this thread was revolving around the speculation of him getting a long term injury.

patrick42uk

Established Member
eto'o is cup tied by the way, for those getting confused about it. he played in the uefa cu for mallorca. if we want a world class striker i think we will need to wait till janauary, and no i'm not putting smith in that category.

Adam

Established Member
Jgooner unusually rates him very highly. Good first touch, aggressive, and a decent finisher. However, he does not have the vision, intelligent movement, speed, and passing ability which are a neccesity for Wengerball. We need a box striker (good at heading in particular) who can attack in both ways and meet our needs (Wengerball compatible to keep moves flowing - unlike Jeffers, and ability to score the oppurtunist/percentage goals in the box).

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I thinks its stupid that a player who's played in the Uefa cup is cup-tied should he move to a club who is in the Champions League.

Superdudes

who can replace henry mind you.. i only think the few strikers could be ronaldo, raul, trezeguet and shevchenko.. though they all won't be as efficient as henry if they come to arsenal..as arsenal plays a different game altogether.. and who can replace the world player of the year for 2003..

Kyla

Irrespective of whether T suffers a long term inury or not the fact remains that a single player's absence shouldn't have such a depleting effect on our attack- whether he be a world player of the year or not. If Vieira returns and Henry doesn't play, then I may forgive us for being a one man attack.

Top Bottom