• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

We are not a one-man team, says Arsène Wenger

Superdudes

actually when a person of henry class is absence.. it must be felt.. look at zidane.. france looks bad during his absence.. korea/japan 2002 is one example.. brazil have been turning up average performances when ronaldo is not playing.. these 2 are frontrunners for the world player of the year 2003.. their absence is greatly felt.. though their club won't be missing them considering that they bought becks and figo for large amount of money..
thus i need not mention diverboy or anybody else.. truly not class currently..

Tony Montana

Established Member
Are we a one man team now? Without Henry we would never have reached the European cup final or even reached fourth place.

cc

Tony Montana said:
Are we a one man team now? Without Henry we would never have reached the European cup final or even reached fourth place.

so what? without Arsène, we could never have been competitive at top level in europe. if arsenal is a one-man team, the man is Arsène. you must have seen how ineffective henry is without Arsène, based on his performance in france international.

jester

Established Member
Tony Montana said:

look at liverpool without gerrard. we're not as bad as them.
to say without henry we'd be bad is unrealistic - surely if we didnt have him, we'd have got someone else to put in the goals.
however, if JUST after the transfer window closes he gets injured long term, then yes i feel we'd struggle at the moment to push for 1st, but we'd easily have a better squad then the rest bar chelski, manu and 'pool. - especially now, we would put either thomas, freddie or reyes behind the striker

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We are not a one man team (never have been) - that would be a dis-service to player like Toure and Fabregas who were on form last season, but yes our team and formation in many aspects built around our main player - Henry FACT.

Mark

Established Member
Tony Montana said:

Reaching the CL final was very much a team effort, particularly defensively. I can think of other players in the CL run that we would have missed more than Henry.

I'm more inclined to agree about 4th place. When it came down to it on the last day he was the one who stepped up and scored a superb hat trick. He is our best player and certainly our best goalscorer, but we're not a one man team.

Top Bottom