• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"We lack consistency"

kel varnsen

Established Member
along with the plenty of injuries, poor weather and pitches, lack of experience, poor refs, bad luck etc this has probably been the most common excuse this season. "on our day, we can beat anyone" has been repeated over and over. problem is, "our day" is not enough.

the matches against chelsea, liverpool and man u x 2 have been devestating to watch. it is clear as day that we are a far way from winning the premiership. outclassed by liverpool, contained by chelsea and humiliated by man u. can anyone honestly say that we are "on our day" as good as said teams? honestly?

we simply lack quality. it's as simple as that. i won't ramble on for too long here, but take a look at our strikers for instance. van persie and adebayor are, for some inexplicable reason not seen as a weak link. fact is, neither of them are good enough if we are to call ourselves the best team in england. on average, this season, they have offered so little is's an absolute disgrace.

adebayor is fairly strong in the air, but without the effort and agression, he's useless. doesn't know when and where to run. neither on nor off the ball. his first touch is poor. his link up play is unimaginative and sloppy. his finishing is, how should we put it, inconsistent.

as for van persie, i am shocked at his lack of development. playing for feyenoord, he was a top class prospect. tough, quick, agressive, skilled and a constant danger. albeit a bit inconsistent. now, he's just consistently poor. slow and weak. easily taken out of the game by proper defenders.

furthermore, even if adebayor and van persie were "good enough", i still doubt we as a team would have been able to take advantage of it. what we need, to utilize our passing in midfield, is movement up front. we both need someone able to link up with the midfielders and make runs in behind the back four. neither of which said two players offer.

i say we restructure this team properly this summer. get rid of excess players such as van persie and adebayor. use the money wisely and start over. the current side is not good enough and will not win anything next season either. arshavin or no arshavin...

Raider

Established Member
We lack real quality.

thats it. Thats exactly what it falls down too.

We have potential. But I say F potential.

Wryer

... and big game mentality.

We have neither, which is why we fail at both league and cup competitions.

All your points are valid, but what is striking is these observations have been lingering for 2-3 years already?

Re-structure, meaning wholesale revamp? Sounds really enticing, but you know it's never going to happen, don't you?

It's a heart sinking realization that we have fallen out of the rungs of European elite.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We should learn something from Liverpool.

""Keep Going Till The End""

ultradoc

Established Member
They would. I mean,, the midfield would make use of a better forward line. Don't forget they are young and they are on a growing curve however irritatingly repetitive it sounds. But if their moves were giving them positive end results at the front they would be a different team now. Now I just see a confused team which is just out of ideas on how to make it more simpler for the two idiots upfront. That is not what is to be expected from the youngsters.

Wryer

I agree with the point that the midfield is making the passes as simple as possible for our inept forward line. What's the issue? The midfield or the forwards? Midfield too cowardly, or forwards too poor?

Just look at Andrey Arshavin to illustrate what a daring and creative midfielder does to our attack.

If I have to point out one spot that we need immediate improvement, it's the striking area. Look at how Torres changed the entire fortunes of Liverpool. We don't have that kind of striker.

Sorry that I'm blabbering. On a verbal vomit.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Arshavin is already our Henry,
Can you imagine how fast that is.. and we cant play without him

Nela

Established Member
I actually agree to a certain extent about Ade and RvP.

Ade without the workhorse trait, is useless.

And RvP just isn't good enough. I've been an RvP doubter for quite a while now. He doesn't fit the style we're trying to play. He slows us down. He's outmuscled. He still doesn't even have a position! He seems to think he's Bergkamp but he's not. And he can't handle being the main striker either.

Football needs smart, complimentary partnership to work. And I'd rather see Bendtner-Eduardo/Vela than Ade-RvP.

IBL

Established Member
we lacked everything today especially some wise old heads to hold the team together, the players had no one to look too when things were going piss-shaped. We've got a few too many average players and plenty of others who give it large but cant produce **** when it comes to the crunch.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
How much it pains me to watch Ade and RVP upfront. The two are unimaginative, slow and are by large the main culprits of our static attack. RVP's problem in the deeper role is that he drops too deep, dwells on the ball far too long than needed then eventually gives it back to the midfield or gets shoved off the ball. Completely killing movement and pace of the transition from midfield to attack. To make things worse the focal point of our attack is completely clueless regarding off ball runs & offside rule. Add to that is his poor ball control, laziness and inconsistent finishing. No team aspiring to win trophies should rely on these two players. I've been banging on about Ade for 2 years and I completely stand by this statement; we will not get anywhere near a trophy with Ade as the focal point of our attack in crunch games. He's far too limited and inconsistent to be relied upon.

ultradoc

Established Member
Point is ,Bendtner and vela can develop. They show potential. The ade-rvp combo looks like it has hit a brickwall and that's as good as they can get. And we know they are ****e. So I wouldn't mind selling hem now for good money and watch bendy and vela grow perhaps with a world class striker alongside, or just edu.

It is just painful to see how the free flowing arsenal team has regressed because of lack of outlets at the top of the field.

banduan

Established Member
Ade has been a disappointment.

He was not as dire as he was in the first leg, but he was bad enough.

RVP has never ever been the same since his long term injury.

Illusion

Established Member
RvP was fine until Arshavin arrived, the team changed after that and started playing the older flowing football, more pass and move and less static.

Adebayor has been poor all season, he's contributed some fantastic goals but they don't hide the fact that he's a one in ten striker who spends 80% of the game outside the area he's supposed to be in and the other 20% of it getting offside at every possible opportunity.

Adebayor can go and I wont miss him on the pitch. I feel he seems happy he's playing for Arsenal and I don't think he would particularly want to go, I have a soft spot for his personality and jovial nature, but on the pitch he's not what we need. Bendtner is currently the superior player right now, especially since Arshavin's arrival.

I love Robin, he's a boyhood Arsenal fan who's had his career derailed by injuries. The old Robin would be thriving in this team but the one we have right now seems blighted by the injury woes of the past few seasons and he's not quite doing the same things he used to. I still believe in him but he has to be employed in a different way. I don't want him to leave the club because he has passion and fight inside him as well as phenomenal skill.

Sell Adebayor, keep RvP and promote Bendtner.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I actually dont think we can beat everyone on our day. It's not just consistency and quality we lack, it's belief and strength in depth. If we go into the start of next season with such a flimsy squad we can gaurantee that it'll be six years and counting.

Top Bottom