• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Week no.8: Martin KEOWN

bobbypires

Established Member
We have to say goodbye to this Arsenal legend. Winterburn, Dixon, Bould, Adams, Seaman and now Keown. A career dedicated to Arsenal since 1993. We'll miss you, Martin.

Name Martin Keown
Born 24 July 1966, Oxford
Position Defender
Country England
Height 185cm / 6'1
Weight 78kg / 172lb
Joined Arsenal 01 February 1993
Arsenal Debut Division One v WBA (a) 23rd Nov 1985 (Drew 0-0)
Previous Clubs Arsenal, Brighton (loan), Aston Villa, Everton

Mark

Established Member
A real legend. Might not get the sort of hype that the likes of Adams get but still a great servant to the club for many years. Arsenal through and through and I'm sure we're all going to miss him. Good luck to him whatever he decides to do next.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Martin you are a legend at this club and have been a great servant to us over the years. Good luck in whatever you decide to do in the rest of your career.

We are going to miss you :(

7Pires

Seems like a really nice bloke and Im glad weve had him at Arsenal otherwise Id hate him instead of loving him. A true class act and well miss him at the club

Deserved tonight, Im glad I was able to go

skart14

Always a good servant to the club, But his status grew tremendously when he gave van divinghorse that karate chop across his back. ;D

KingReyes

Established Member
Martin Keown has given his heart on the pitch for the club in every single game. He is a fighter and never gives up.I feel his fighting character has brushed off the other players showing what a tremendous influence he is.

Thanks Martin for being such a great servant to the club.

Soler

Established Member
Aussie said:
Im sure there is one moment in his career he would rather forget.

I hope you're on about the red against Boro in the Carling Cup! :wink:

Ah, you have to love Martin Keown. Well, if you're an Arsenal fan anyway. The man loves Arsenal, and is essentially our last remaining link to the Boring, Boring, Arsenal of the 80s under George Graham. We'll miss him :(

Aussie

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Aussie said:
Im sure there is one moment in his career he would rather forget.

I hope you're on about the red against Boro in the Carling Cup! :wink:

:(

Your right i will never forgive him for that. Knocking us out of the worlds greatest comp.

Thierrymarron

So sad to see the last of the old guard gone, i shed a little tear at the match last night as he took a lap of honour! I bet no one is more relieved than van pissyroy, keown always had his number!

Senght

An absolute legend at the club, hate to see him go but ill have to say thank you Keown, you have been really a great player and workhorse at our Club. You will always be in my heart..

thegreatbriton

Martin Keown. There can only ever be one. An immensley talented and pasionate defender who cared about the club to the maximum degree. A man who reacted how all gooners would ahve done if confronted by Van Divealot. A living legend.

GlasgowGooner

Arsenal legend for sure, i remember when he broke into the team in place of Bould I was thinking our back four wouldn't be the same, but you wouldn't have realised anything was missing. He really gave everything for the club and all i can say is Thank You.

arsena1

The last of the past to go in the Wenger Era.
Man-Marker supreme, we will miss his battles with
the opposing strikers such as Shearer, Hasselbaink
and van nistelrooy.

His maniacal defence and throbbing veins will always
be reminded for the terror he inflicts on those stand before us.

zerofeel

no defender can beat his determination and passion on the field and fight for the ball 100% till the ref says its over like our KEOWN does..a real professional till the end and there will be only one KEOWN ....and Arsenal should be proud to have a player like him to grace our team ...will be sorely missed no doubt for his loyalty and dedication...three cheers to KEOWN! thank you for the years u have given us and more good years to u !

bobbypires

Established Member
PICTURES
keown.jpg

Getty Images (375)
Empics (131)

KingReyes

Established Member
Those are some scary pictures :lol:
Thanks for all the memories Keown you have been a great player for the mighty Arsenal and we wish you all the best.

Keown!! Theres only one Keown!

Top Bottom