• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Welcome George Lewis

Now that our business is completed how do you rate this window?

• Total voters

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Gotta have that Cohen Bramall signing every summer.

#VisitedByRwanda

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Love how nearly every new signings and players linked to us are good on the ball, including defenders. (Not counting contract extension)
With Arteta, I’m sure we will have our beautiful football back.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Our 2nd recent signing of similar age for the U23. It makes sense, they come in, make it to the 1st team or sell on for a profit. We cant get them all in at age 12 so this looks a good decision to me.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
tenor.gif

Tf is the Academy subforum for?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Signing teenagers who have been released purely on stats alone makes me not want to care. Was this the approach with Lewis? I know that is how we got Dinzeyi and Akinola.

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

How do you even find players in the Norwegian third division. That’s some deep scouting

I read somewhere his agent shopped him about getting him trials at a number of clubs for quite a while. The cynic in me says theres a Rwanda connection so... Feels a bit Park Chu-young

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Purely a signing to strengthen the U23s. Coyle going on loan, Nelson and Saka pretty much first team squaddies etc....

I expect this guy to do reasonably well for the U23s, maybe get a loan in the EFL and sold on for a profit. He looks very direct and an exciting dribbler so I'd imagine he'll be relatively popular. This guy, Akinola and Dinzeyi are signings purely as punts for the U23 team with the potential for more. I'd expect very little from them in terms of first team output but it will be interesting to see how they complement the homegrown talents. Lewis will be a good dovetail if Sam Greenwood becomes the #9 (and Balogun leaves). Likewise I can see an Akinola-Azeez partnership in midfield doing pretty well. Not sure where Dinzeyi fits into all of this but he'll be of interest aswell. U23 team is shaping up nicely for the season.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Purely a signing to strengthen the U23s. Coyle going on loan, Nelson and Saka pretty much first team squaddies etc....

I expect this guy to do reasonably well for the U23s, maybe get a loan in the EFL and sold on for a profit. He looks very direct and an exciting dribbler so I'd imagine he'll be relatively popular. This guy, Akinola and Dinzeyi are signings purely as punts for the U23 team with the potential for more. I'd expect very little from them in terms of first team output but it will be interesting to see how they complement the homegrown talents. Lewis will be a good dovetail if Sam Greenwood becomes the #9 (and Balogun leaves). Likewise I can see an Akinola-Azeez partnership in midfield doing pretty well. Not sure where Dinzeyi fits into all of this but he'll be of interest aswell. U23 team is shaping up nicely for the season.
Um..........:(
Great, I’m sure he’d be a good player.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Um..........:(
Great, I’m sure he’d be a good player.
I know it gives you nightmares but;

1. Football is allowed to be played more than one way :lol:
2. Wingers are allowed to be direct, it's part of what makes them dangerous!!!

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-george-lewis-18789670

In Lewis' case there is hope that he is more than likely to be a hit. Sources close to the academy said he was the best player on the pitch during the sessions he was involved in. Fulfil that promise and he will go some way to justifying Arsenal's more aggressive approach to youth recruitment.

As I said - relatively popular.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You can see were were t to get in some low risk youth signings to either promote or make profit from.

Bundesliga do this really well

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom