• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichsteiner Leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stannis

Cech literally cost us his first game in the PL for us. :lol:

I don't care about experience or leadership, if you're past it you're past it. Let's hope this isn't the case with Lichy.

Yeah his first game for us was crap, but overall in his first season he was brilliant, got the golden glove. I’d argue he was our second best player after Mesut.

That performance against Liverpool was the best by an Arsenal goalkeeper in the emirates

Not accusing you, but there is a lot revisionism about cech. Yes he wasn’t up to standard overall, but he wasn’t utterly ****e

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
1327945486_sitting_kitten_is_bored.gif

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Solid enough signing this. There’s no point signing a young RB whilst Bellerin is here. The plan is clearly to make him our long term RB, evidenced by the fact that we gave him the no.2.

Lichsteiner is a vastly experienced player, great character to have around. He’s also still a quality footballer. He dominated the right flank against Spuds in the CL when he came on.

Hector can learn a thing or two potentially as well, AND he came for free. Yeah, pleased.

Last edited:

Stannis

Thought he had a good game va Brazil, especially when you consider Shacquri does next to nothing defensively, leaving his partner exposed. Steph kept Neymar relatively quite and battled with Marcelo through. His legs appear to have a couple seasons left

Promising signs. Hector will have to be on his toes

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He looks like an old white monkey, but he doesn’t play like one. Likes to cheat a bit as well, which is nice.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I keep seeing people say Lichtsteiner is a good crosser, but it's a complete myth. He had good moments against Tottenham, which is the game I assume people are basing his crossing ability on, but Juve fans are generally of the opinion that he isn't particularly good at them. Of course, that might still be fantastic compared to Bellerin.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I keep seeing people say Lichtsteiner is a good crosser, but it's a complete myth. He had good moments against Tottenham, which is the game I assume people are basing his crossing ability on, but Juve fans are generally of the opinion that he isn't particularly good at them. Of course, that might still be fantastic compared to Bellerin.
Glad you inserted the last line because it was what I was thinking while reading.... Bellerin did have patch where his deliveries were solid. Hoping he gets back to that

Jack_The_Lad

What are you basing your opinion on?

I may not have seen him too regularly, but whenever I see him for Switzerland, he does seem to be pretty decent going forward to be honest.
IMO it's not only the crossing (final ball) that's important here either. It's the way he interchanges passes and brings the winger into play, where he's very good.

Note: I'm not the biggest fan of him personally, but objectively as a player he's a good acquisition. Also he gives us some much needed grit as he's a bit of a **** on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom