• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Welcome To Arsenal Ben White

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I feel like he’s gonna get Gabriel’d. He’s gonna spend most of the season putting out fires and then start making mistakes because he’s surrounded by ******. Classic Arsenal problem. Hopefully Gabriel and Chambers are fit because the rest are bozos.

The same thing happened to Partey. No one seemed to be paying attention to how much work he had to do off ball to cover for the deficiencies of players like Ceballos, Xhaka and El-neny. When he starts making some sloppy mistakes, people will say the player is overrated cause they expect one man to do the job of 2/3 players.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
The same thing happened to Partey. No one seemed to be paying attention to how much work he had to do off ball to cover for the deficiencies of players like Ceballos, Xhaka and El-neny. When he starts making some sloppy mistakes, people will say the player is overrated cause they expect one man to do the job of 2/3 players.

Let's not overrate Partey though - he still has a lot to prove in the PL.

A.Madrid haven't missed him, they went on to win the league.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I feel like he’s gonna get Gabriel’d. He’s gonna spend most of the season putting out fires and then start making mistakes because he’s surrounded by ******. Classic Arsenal problem. Hopefully Gabriel and Chambers are fit because the rest are bozos.
Yeah because Gabriel and Chambers are some amazing CBs right :rolleyes: Gabriel got carried by Luiz and Holding tbh. If anything Holding is the one who spent the season putting out fires and looking after the defence just to get sh*t on by fans.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
As he made those sublime straight passes to Mari, I could see why we spent 50mil on him. Now if only the management can have a word with him that he is allowed to defend inside the box, that'd be great.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
There you have what you wanted.

At least he can play the ball out of the back, that's all you wanted.
His awful positioning was carried in a Back 3 and he has to go for many more air duels in a Back 4.

Will be a fun season.

Reactions: JCB

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I believe everyone who said he was Brighton’s 3rd best cb. He’s going to be a liability in duels all season.

Trying to be positive, a lot of players have had nightmare debuts and gone on to be successful.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
As he made those sublime straight passes to Mari, I could see why we spent 50mil on him. Now if only the management can have a word with him that he is allowed to defend inside the box, that'd be great.
Only saw him on youtube before this game. His passing was rubbish, especially long range forward passes.
Toney absolutely destroyed him today, didn't see that stuff since the good old days of Drogba and Senderos

Aevi

Hale End FC
Looked comfortable on the ball but very passive in the air, didn't look like he was making much of an effort to win headers if I'm honest. It's just one game though and the whole defense wasn't exactly stellar so not much to conclude yet.

mirrorstare

Hopefully is the Mari effect because if not we're in deep ****.

Looked out there like a player Brighton happily offloaded so they can stop fighting relegation.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Only post I'll make in this thread then I'll see how he progresses in the year.

But I don't really get it. His passing is good and every defender can have an off day when it comes to defending so let's not get too down on him for the first game and I'm sure he'll look better once he's bedded in (or has a better manager ;)).

But Saliba passes just as well as Ben White or better. Saliba is physically more imposing.

There's literally nothing I can see so far that explains not giving Saliba a single minute (not even in the League Cup) yet spending £50M on White, not a single thing.

Arteta folks, Arteta.

Latest posts

Top Bottom