• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Welcome To Arsenal Ben White

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Chelsea and City should be good tests, firmly convinced he was just shook because he was surrounded by the tragic performances of Mari and Chambers.
I disagree. I think City and Chelsea will force us into a deep block and therefore he’ll be expected to defend less open space. I want to see how he handles the Burnleys and Wolves.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I kind of feel bad for him, because the inflated pricetag puts him in a borderline unwinnable situation. Even if he becomes one of the better CBs in the league but not among the very best, he'll be considered a minor disappointment.

The same thing has been haunting Pépé for two seasons going on three. Was never worth 72 mil, but you have to judge him as a 72 mil player because that's what the investment was.
Not even that but Saliba thing will reel it’s ugly head. Imagine if Saliba gets European football or worse still wins the league with Marseille (unlikely but let’s not act like PSG don’t have the bottle gene). And Arsenal finishes out of Europe again. The narrative for White becomes untenable. You could justify why we needed a GK or an attacking midfielder this summer but a CB was on the bottom for most people’s list.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

What is with all our luck with injuries & illnesses Covid included already not even 2 games into the season, 5-6 players already out.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Arteta with a stern defence of Ben White. He isn't wrong in saying Toney will bully other defenders what's worrying is the lack of plan to deal with the first and second balls knowing that.

GunnerShy

What is with all our luck with injuries & illnesses Covid included already not even 2 games into the season, 5-6 players already out.
Won't just be our luck. It's so prevalent in UK society. It will be an ongoing issue through the season for all teams. They're no longer in the bubbles

Jakarta

As much as I like White, I ain’t gonna lie we got fleeced.

Would he change our fortunes against Chelsea? Would he be able to handle Lukaku? Will he help propel us to a top 4 spo

That 50m was better spent buying a top CM who is press resistant & an aggressive ball winner like Bissouma.

We also really need a top striker who can hold his ground upfront alone.

Legend14

Established Member

Would he change our fortunes against Chelsea? Would he be able to handle Lukaku? Will he help propel us to a top 4 spo

That 50m was better spent buying a top CM who is press resistant & an aggressive ball winner like Bissouma.

I agree. I am not sure if White is any better than Holding, but in time we can assess his attributes. So far he does not seem better in the air than Holding, which is a skill we needed.

Bissouma has personality; Arteta does not like that in his rigid system. He would have been an excellent signing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

His actual value is 30-35M add 10m for him being English homegrown and international so we just paid according to today market.

I get what you say but it's clear we won't buy striker until laca leave midfield too until xhaka leave or at least Torreira and Elneny. With white we had chance because Luiz gone and we send Saliba on loan

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
White stronger than Mari so today he could probably done better job but still he would not stop Lukaku. Nobody will apart from Van dijk and maybe Maguire and I'm talking because they built very well and won't be bullied

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

White stronger than Mari so today he could probably done better job but still he would not stop Lukaku. Nobody will apart from Van dijk and maybe Maguire and I'm talking because they built very well and won't be bullied
Van Dijk v Lukaku is like a WWE main event.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Van Dijk v Lukaku is like a WWE main event.
Yes going to be interesting watch. Lukaku get usually frustrated if he don't dominate look at him today not happy he scored but he happy he dominate Mari and Holding ffs

Latest posts+

Top Bottom